Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our Season Is Over

Richard Macey

I can see both sides of this debate, the pros and cons, although I've not been able to attend for a wee while due to a little person.

Anyway, the table does not lie, we're doing ok and if we carry on doing ok, we should be in amongst it come the end of the season and bearing in mind the rollercoaster ride, as Tree alludes, that aint bad. This is a very tough league. Last saturday I watched a ludicrous game Hampton v Welling, absolute nonsense of a win by 4-0 when the score should have been 1-0 at best aside of three mad refereeing decisions. Anyway, point is Ryman Prem is easily the same standard as the BS south from that evidence.

at last some sense being spoken on this subject!!!

It is easy to get carried away with our feats the last two seasons,scoring goals for fun in the ESL and Ryman one north is easy enough with the players we had but look at some of the other teams in our league,wimbledon have some quality players but have only just started to come good,we have had our fair share of injuries this season and when someone like des boateng starts looking the part inevetably they go and get injured,hopefully we have had our bad spell with injuries and those coming back ie harry and des among others may be stronger for it.

Chin up lads,we hardly walked the ryman prem back in 2003/04 so why do some expect us to this season.we are in the mix and i would of settled for that pre season

And on top of that, where is the spirit that was showed when it all went pear shaped a few years back. As awful as it was the end of that season showed what we're (the fans) all about. We lost at least as many as we won in Conf south in the end, yet we stuck with it. Time for a return to that attitude.

i did bring this up in the eastside on tuesday as i watched a game on sunday,think it was the stoke game and one of the commentators said that the fans can make a difference by driving the team forwards,too many people only sing when we are winning rather than singing when we are drawing or losing

Quite right unc, expectations are high, as ever and we need to increase the volume as UM rightly points out.

Anyone who can remember the Boston game knows what we're about or any other of that or following season. I suspect that the 'ammers success has drawn people away from the bridge, but it's up to us to bring them back..... and once this little one stops crying....she'll be there with me.

Sounded it from Uncs report, sad that we didn't score but we're still there in amongst it with some key games ahead.

I would hardly be sticking my neck out but I'd go for Chelmo to win the title and play offs including the wombles, us, Hendon and Horsham which would be very tough indeed, but as Bromley showed last year if you're brave and tough enough, then anyone is beatable.

To say our season is over is ludicrious I think we done really well to be where we are and we cant expect to get promoted every season im happy where we are at the moment and a play-off place still in sight also we have had a lot of injuries as well and would be happy come end of the season we are in the top 10 and plus there are teams in this league who have better backing and bigger budgets than we have so for what Colin has to be used to hes has done really well.

this is a topsy turvy division although promotion is nice then the money comes into it away days at newport,dorchester great beanos but a strain on the clubs budget so lets get established in this division and then see what next season brings although if we can make the play offs give it our best shot and on our day the urchin faithfull can be the twelth man ?

It has been an interesting season so far, where it shows that we cannot please everyone.

I think mid table consolation would be my objective.

Although we are not in the relegation zone, it is fair to say that we should have beaten a lot more of the teams that we have played. As Ronnie and others have said, we cant buy a goal at the minute, considering in our previous seasons we were scoring from all areas on the pitch, we will just have to be patient and wait for the goals to return. I still think that we are going to give someone a tonking and I hope that it is one of the main contenders.

Roll on Ramsgate.

it can only be his style of play doesnt suit ours and he isnt called the incredible sulk for nothing and him and gooner would probably clash over loyalty and being money motivated apart from that no i cant understand why we didnt sign him either