Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We Are The Fleet...

PatMan

OK, I apologise but what is the actual point of it when there is the MyFC site for all this madness in the first place?

I know that you are not one of the people who have been slating the official EUFC site.

However, some of these people probably think that this site is genius when in fairness, it isn't.

I just think it makes it all look a bit daft really.

Originally Posted By: Jeff
That's absolutely tragic.

They have the gall to say that the official EUFC site could be better designed.

There is also a Norwich shirt on there.
Having a go at MYFC is one thing, but taking the piss out of yorkfox own website is not on. Behave.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
At least Yorkfox has make some effort, I'd like to see others do a website just like it or better.

thats not really the point is it....I agree and fair play to YF for effort but its the lack of understanding of the tribalistic nature of NL footie that jumps out at you....

will MyFc change this attitude and in time it become normal to see man U and other prem shirts on the terraces of NL games supporting NL clubs....?

certainly hope not...

PS

yorkie... you open the door for critisism when you post on public forums...you have offered critisism towards others on here...

no credit is given for you crying when it comes your way.. smile

PPS

the montage idea for a clubs fans on a website is actually very good...just make sure they wear the right shirts... grin

Nope,I don´t see the tribalistic nature of NL football changing.

There is simply not enough people interested in it for that to happen.

Then again,every football club fans forum is tribalistic.

You need to be ready to get ambushed at any given time!

Regarding Yorkfox..there really is a very vide variety of people out there that are better alternatives to pick on.

You know it.

UU, I know you like to provoke replies, so here goes. Show me where I have cried away, also where I have criticised people. Easy to say these things, back them up. I know people have a go at you, but I haven't, so why have a go ? When people say MYFC this , MYFC that, what is their target ? Will ? , or all MYFC Members ? If its all members, then I think you will find you are criticising a good number of members of this board who are members and many of them are what you would call regular fans. Just why do some on this board have to be so negative ? Just enjoy it ? . mainly I suppose because the MYFC got involved with your club. Or in the case of UU, somebody elses club. I thought every body had one great interest in common here, The Fleet. I got criticised once for using US and YOU , so Lets All get behind the Fleet, and forget all this negative crap. The idea of the picture board was to let some people show their support for The Fleet. They dont yet all have Fleet shirts, but they have the Fleet at heart. I suppose some will now love to pull this apart, but I know many will agree even if they dont post.

forgot to add, there is no way on Earth that I would stand on the terraces at Stonebridge Road wearing a Leicester City shirt. Firstly, I would see it as showing great disrespect to The Fleet and secondly, my fat gut in a football shirt would not be fair for anybody to have to endure.

Originally Posted By: Claudius

Regarding Yorkfox..there really is a very vide variety of people out there that are better alternatives to pick on.

You know it.

No one was having a go at Yorkfox, they were having a go at the website, and mostly just that one part of it. There's no need to make this personal, it wasn't. It's just a web page.

And yes, it could be said that people should try doing their own before slagging another website ff, but we all do it. Again, it wasn't personal. In fact I found it quite amusing that Jeff obviously didn't know Yorkfox was the creator when he was conversing about it.

As far as the page in question, it is weird for people to post their picture up on a site proclaiming themselves as "the Fleet" whilst wearing the kit of another team. It was always going to be remarked on.

I often get asked who I support and when I tell them the Fleet the next question I invariably get is what premiership team do you support? All the time you support someone else, you can call yourself a lot of things, a benefactor, 'owner', follower even a Fleet supporter. But you can't say that "We are the Fleet" and support another team too. There is a difference.

Fair points Chris, and I have always said that new fans will have to earn the respect of the regulars and this I think will only be achieved through actions and not words. The WE ARE THE FLEET page was all my idea and I just asked if anybody else wanted their picture on it, as simple as that. I feel MYFC members are so easy targets to be criticised, indeed some provide the bullets for others to fire. Almost all will have their own teams from the past, but with every Fleet game that they go to, the balance of allegience if you follow me, will tip more and more towards the Fleet. For example, I saw Leicester play on TV on Monday, but half the time I was thinking about how Histon were getting on at Torquay. I hope in time respect will be earned. I for example respect tremendously the people that went to Exeter before Christmas. Should a bit be returned towards a new fan if he travels from Manchester to Kent for a game ?, or Germany, Finland, USA or New Zealand. MYFCmembers are not the enemy, infighting is.

There is no enemy, not at least in my eyes. I don't think it's about earning respect either. I think those that really care about the whole myfc / Fleet thing have the respect of most (and to be honest, I don't think there's any way they'll get it from some). As you said, they got it by their words and their actions.

They guy who came over from Germany? I personally thought he was a bit loopy (as I do most people who do what we do) but does he deserve and get my respect for doing what he does? Of course!

But to be honest, this isn't about that. It's about people not liking a website and finding it strange that someone would proclaim that "We are the Fleet" whilst wearing the top of someone else.

You said earlier that "there is no way on Earth that I would stand on the terraces at Stonebridge Road wearing a Leicester City shirt. Firstly, I would see it as showing great disrespect to The Fleet", well I don't know how this is all that different. Having a web page with photos like this just leaves everything up for ridicule.

I don't want to seem to be all local club for local people, which I am not, but I think to call yourself "The Fleet" is far different from saying that you're a Fleet fan or Fleet supporter, there is a difference, trust me.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Chris,my post was really mostly directed to UU..who did went a little personal..as he uses to.
Regarding the rest of your post,I agree.
I am Wolves,no ifs or buts about it.

Claudius, the problem with long posts is you miss what people write in quickly before you lol.

I see what you meant and agree with it. No worries smile