Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We Are The Fleet...

PatMan

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
I'd also like to note, that I don't think any less of anyone for supporting another team, or wouldn't expect anyone to switch allegiances to the Fleet disregarding their own team, that'd be worse than anything.

Bite Harry Bite!!! :-)

In defense of Yorkfox, he took our avatars and placed them onto the page, with many of us changing them to add our own faces rather than logos/cartoons/etc...

I figured you gents and ladies would like to see a few more MyFC faces, but apparently you have to have the right clothes on to do so...

In all, it is a harmless bit of fun.

Originally Posted By: rvr

I figured you gents and ladies would like to see a few more MyFC faces, but apparently you have to have the right clothes on to do so...

You have missed the point put very well by chrisblanc...

The title of the page is "We Are The Fleet" - and quite obviously YOU ARE NOT. You are website contributors, members, 'owners'...

The REAL Fleet are the people who turn up week after week, to league, KSC, friendies. Make no mistake, if these people gave up going - there would have been no GNFC, and therefore no EUFC for you to get involved with. The REAL Fleet wouldn't dream of wearing another teams kit (THEY have no other team!)
In time, no doubt, some of you might BECOME Fleet - but lets just take things slowly...

Originally Posted By: PatMan

In time, no doubt, some of you might BECOME Fleet - but lets just take things slowly...
I couldnt agree with you more Pat. I repeat what I have said, I for one hope fans earn respect through the actions, whether that is going to matches, financial or whatever. I for one am going nowhere as I am in for 3 years, and now over 1,700 myfc have extended their membership beyond 1 year. The year 2 , 3 money being untouched until that year. We will do our time.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
The year 2 , 3 money being untouched until that year. We will do our time.

Yorkfox - I do like the idea of that money being 'ringfenced'. Is this set in stone yet? Someone posted here that it could be changed.. (Am sure it was Doheochai who put the doubt about that being the case)
And if I was going to have a moan about your website - it would only be that nearly all your newsletters link back to the members section of MyFC...

I have no problem whatsoever with people who attend the matches. I'm all for that.

However, I don't give a stuff about the opinions of people who have never even been to a match.

A bloke on MyFC the other day gave his thoughts on the whole squad after watching some fuzzy highlights on a website somewhere. How can he have a valid opinion really?

Frankly, I couldn't care less about what he thinks.

Pat, when I did the website, I only thought it would be of interest to MYFC members. Anybody can read the newsletters that I have written over the last 21 weeks at the address below. Many of the links however will link back to the MYFC threads as so wont be available for non members. You will be able for your sins to read the stuff that I wrote. One day, when I have done my time, I would hope that it could be The Ebbsfleet United newsletter instead of the MYFC newsletter. Just so you know, It is totally independent of MYFC and what goes in it is what I want in it. I have written 5 articles for the MYFC site , some of which can be read in the newsletters. Please see http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/myfc/

Yorkfox - I do like the idea of that money being 'ringfenced'. Is this set in stone yet? Someone posted here that it could be changed.. (Am sure it was Doheochai who put the doubt about that being the case)

The money is ring-fenced - it cannot be spent on the day-to-day running of the club for the next 12 months.

But some exceptional circumstance may arise, dealing with the long-term development of the club that might require the spending of some of the money this season. If it is necessary it would be both sensible and prudent to do it. At the moment I cannot envisage an issue where this might happen - but in football, as in many other things, you can never say never. Any decision to spend this money would have to be debated and voted on by the memebrship of MyFC.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Pat, when I did the website, I only thought it would be of interest to MYFC members. Anybody can read the newsletters that I have written over the last 21 weeks at the address below. Many of the links however will link back to the MYFC threads as so wont be available for non members. You will be able for your sins to read the stuff that I wrote. One day, when I have done my time, I would hope that it could be The Ebbsfleet United newsletter instead of the MYFC newsletter.

Yorkfox - why did you think that stuff written about Fleet would not interest Fleet fans? And some of the stuff you have written is very good - the sooner its a EUFC newsletter the better... The quicker the "MyFC v Fleet" thing ceases to exist the better.

Yorkfox,

I dont like the idea of this MyFC crap one little bit. But I have absolutely no problem with people like yourself getting involved if you want to. Its all publicity for the club and as I dont own it, unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about it. And I suppose the publicity is always welcome.

Its a simlar thing with the website. I haven't the technical know-how to put a site together so fair play to you for doing something a little different. If its good I will read it if its poor then I wont, its as simple as that!

I think its a piss poor situation when you get criticised for trying to generate some interest.

Pat, please remember that issue 1 of the newsletter was written 5 months ago . At that point, there was no connection between The Fleet and MYFC. If I suddenly renamed it the Ebbsfleet United newsletter, I would lay myself open to all sorts of crap. That said, anybody is welcome to read it each week, you just subscribe at the address above. Not fishing for compliments, you can PM this if you want, but which bits did you like ? I have tried to involve others in the newsletter and Kevin is doing me some match reports now. I have over 550 people reading it each week so that is pleasing. I think it and the podcast are important ways to communicate with fans and keep them involved with things. Enough of me waffling on again tonight ! , I am glad you liked some of the stuff. Would you be interested in reading the article that I sent to the Independent last week ? . They used a couple of lines. Keith H.

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Originally Posted By: chris blanc
I'd also like to note, that I don't think any less of anyone for supporting another team, or wouldn't expect anyone to switch allegiances to the Fleet disregarding their own team, that'd be worse than anything.

Bite Harry Bite!!! :-)

Nothing to add...

Sorry Jeff.

I had thought recently about why I gave up supporting Chelsea and will think about it further over the coming days. If I have something to contribute then I will.

You'll just have to wait Jeff.

The REAL Fleet are the people who turn up week after week, to league, KSC, friendies. Make no mistake, if these people gave up going - there would have been no GNFC, and therefore no EUFC for you to get involved with. The REAL Fleet wouldn't dream of wearing another teams kit (THEY have no other team!)

As an Australian the historical parallels (and Fleet references) are mind blowing.

The FIRST FLEET arrived in Australia in 1788 and after giving it a red hot go were in dire straits until the arrival of The SECOND FLEET some two years later.
Now look at us..one of the wealthier more successful nations on Earth.
I can really appreciate the value of a SECOND FLEET.

as a lttle anecdote to this topic its true to say that most NL fans have an affection for prem/league teams and indeed we have many such diverse creatures at Hx...arsenal...spurs and obviously wet spam...our fans wear Hx shirts to those clubs grounds if they go...

yorkie..

I am not going to traipse back over zillions of posts to find you disagreeing with things I or others have written...the point I was making was that by making those posts you shed the right to whinge when someone has a dig at your website but as usuual the baying zombies choose to enhance the value of my words....

I also complimented the idea in general and stand by that...

claudius.....

do you have a foto of me over your bed... grin

Originally Posted By: waggamick

As an Australian the historical parallels (and Fleet references) are mind blowing.

The FIRST FLEET arrived in Australia in 1788 and after giving it a red hot go were in dire straits until the arrival of The SECOND FLEET some two years later.
Now look at us..one of the wealthier more successful nations on Earth.
I can really appreciate the value of a SECOND FLEET.

Mick, we all know that the FIRST FLEET contained the public school twats off on their gap year jolly and the SECOND FLEET contained criminals we where trying to get rid of.
Shirley you're not suggesting tha MyFC are crims. shocked