Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We Are The Fleet...

PatMan

Originally Posted By: PatMan

The title of the page is "We Are The Fleet" - and quite obviously YOU ARE NOT.

Are you assuming that I'm the one in the Chelsea shirt?

I'm not. I'm the one farthest right on the top row... Yorkfox can vouch for that.

Oh, one other thing: Don't send off a post like that and later on say that you'd like the "MyFC v Fleet" to disappear as soon as possible. You're only added to it.

rvr

Originally Posted By: rvr

I'm not. I'm the one farthest right on the top row... Yorkfox can vouch for that.

Oh, one other thing: Don't send off a post like that and later on say that you'd like the "MyFC v Fleet" to disappear as soon as possible. You're only added to it.

rvr

I didn't eve assume you were on the page, the 'YOU' was aimed at the collective 'WE'

Oh, one other thing: I can actually post on here without your permission. And how has my pointing out that some eejits in Chelsea shirts claiming to be The Fleet added to the divide? Surely, those who post their pics up claiming THEY ARE THE FLEET, when clearly the only mug-shots were of MyFC members is the reason behind this thread?

I think this thread has turned out to be very interesting after a dodgy start. Thinking about the picture wall as somebody called it, people just sent me the picture that they had available. I am not going to push the page to get more pictures, instead I will leave it a few months then relaunch it asking for pictures of people in Fleet Kit. Should we make it more general than myfc members and open to all. On the newsletter, please remember that anybody can receive it by just sending a blank email to myfc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com ( I am not the myfc owner, yahoo just made that up using the list name of myfc ). Pat said I should make it the Ebbsfleet United newsletter instead of the MYFC newsletter. Any comments ? Thanks for your feedback on all of this and at the end of the day, we all want the same thing, progress for the Fleet. If you see a 6 foot 5 man with a Scottish lady in tow at the trophy game, please say hello. I will have a small fox badge and Fleet Trust badge on. Apologies for the long paragraphs, but thats what happens when you spill tea in a laptop and lose the return key !

Yorkfox - I do like the idea of that money being 'ringfenced'. Is this set in stone yet? Someone posted here that it could be changed.. (Am sure it was Doheochai who put the doubt about that being the case)
And if I was going to have a moan about your website - it would only be that nearly all your newsletters link back to the members section of MyFC...

I think you're referring to one of my posts - it's my reason I haven't extended my MyFC subscription. As I understand, it's only a small possibility that the money could be used early (and only under some very specific circumstances) but I will still wait until closer to renewal time.

Originally Posted By: Yorkshire Fan

I think you're referring to one of my posts - it's my reason I haven't extended my MyFC subscription. As I understand, it's only a small possibility that the money could be used early (and only under some very specific circumstances) but I will still wait until closer to renewal time.

Happy to be corrected!
Its one of my biggest concerns about the whole MyFC 'model'. There seem to be these great statement of facts, but when you look into it - the small print says exactly opposite.

Just like to back up Yorkfox - I posted the pic of me in my Norwich shirt as it was the only picture that I had of me with Amanda Holden......sh*t rumbled. Seriously though, of course, I think that the title of the webpage could have been more tactful but, like Yorkfox, having visited Stonebridge Road and mixed with 'real' Fleet fans I am developing an affinity for the club. Certainly on Tuesday night I was more riled at not being able to get the first 15 mins of Lord Chas on t'internet than I was worrying about how City were doing at Southampton. Of course, this Saturday I will be willing the Canaries on against PNE but my thoughts will also be on how the Trophy game is going and who the Fleet might get in the next round. Good luck on Saturday, I might not be the Fleet but I definitely like the Fleet and all it stands for (including the MyFC participation).

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

yorkie..

I am not going to traipse back over zillions of posts to find you disagreeing with things I or others have written...the point I was making was that by making those posts you shed the right to whinge when someone has a dig at your website but as usuual the baying zombies choose to enhance the value of my words....

What a cop-out. "I'll accuse you of something but when asked to put facts behind my spouting, I can't be arsed."

UU - weren't you responsible for the death of Princess Di? It was on this forum somewhere...

helo all im the chelsea fan in the we are the fleet picture and reading these views i actually can see where fleet fans are coming from so out of respect to fleet fans only i will get the picture changed

i am know a regular at stonebridge road as i AM A LOCAL and i have never worn any other colours to a fleet game though it is common to see local people with there tottingham chelsea and arsenal jackets on at the fleet so perhapes those who have plenty to say about supporting a prem team should be asking the locals in the ground why they are wearing other colours in stead of hiding behind a computer

now on to patman correct me if im wrong but do you on your profile not state that you support qpr,corcaigh,munster,ireland yet you are shouting the odds on a fleet forum, as we have i beleive never meet you have no right in calling me a eejit which i know what one is as i once lived with a girl from cork

if you have any issuse you would like to discuss with me im more than happy to speak to you in person at the next fleet game against weymouth if you would like to meet up then give me a email and i will be happy to have a chat about all things football

Originally Posted By: rvr

rvr

I didn't eve assume you were on the page, the 'YOU' was aimed at the collective 'WE'

Oh, one other thing: I can actually post on here without your permission. And how has my pointing out that some eejits in Chelsea shirts claiming to be The Fleet added to the divide? Surely, those who post their pics up claiming THEY ARE THE FLEET, when clearly the only mug-shots were of MyFC members is the reason behind this thread?

Originally Posted By: spencer

now on to patman correct me if im wrong but do you on your profile not state that you support qpr,corcaigh,munster,ireland yet you are shouting the odds on a fleet forum, as we have i beleive never meet you have no right in calling me a eejit which i know what one is as i once lived with a girl from cork
if you have any issuse you would like to discuss with me im more than happy to speak to you in person at the next fleet game against weymouth if you would like to meet up then give me a email and i will be happy to have a chat about all things football

Great first post Spencer - welcome aboard! So, you lived with a Cork girl - then you should know that 'eejit' is a very gentle tease, nothing more - and there was no real offence meant by it. (Ya never know, ya might have bumped into me at a home game, in my Corcaigh, Munster or Ireland shirt!)
Back to my profile - Well done for spotting that Fleet aren't in my list of teams, however going to 15 home games plus half a dozen away games each season kinda gives me more rights than most to post MY OPINION, wouldn't you think?

Originally Posted By: spencer

now on to patman correct me if im wrong but do you on your profile not state that you support qpr,corcaigh,munster,ireland yet you are shouting the odds on a fleet forum

Oh controversy!!

Welcome Spencer, nice post.

As far as people at the ground wearing non Fleet tops, the biggest culprits are those damn kids. We should round them up and set them to working in mines that we would operate at a large profite (we would pay them pennies), they could take the place of pit ponies, which are of course expensive. It could work, give it some thought

Chris Blanc - MineFC creator