Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shame on you, Kris Newby!

Nutchutney

His "tackle" on Shane Oakley was one of the worst I have ever witnessed at our stadium and should have received a straight red card.

If the referee had put a stop to the niggly fouls in the first half he would not have lost control so badly in the second.

Can Jen please update us as soon as possible on how Shane is because it looked awful and I only hope he doesn't have a broken leg.

Shocking - happened right in front of where I was standing - should have been a straight red end of.

Think the ref realised he had got it badly badly wrong - probably coincided with the ambulance turning up - & tried to even it up

The poor result is frankly neither here nor there under the circumstances

Best wishes to Shane.

I hope I don't see any player from any side being cut down like that again

He should have been booked or worse for a shocking tackle on Curley in the first half,but the ref refrained from any action with the bench and Thurrock players yelling 'First Tackle Ref'.

I am sorry,but if a first tackle is a bad tackle then they should get booked.

Maybe East Thurrock should do something about the player who made the tackle. Unfortunately they are likely to turn a blind eye.

i take it the ref gets assessed for each game wot on earth could u say about him without losing the plot if he got demoted to a lower division u would only get another half wit in his place its a no win situation

In all seriousness it is going to take someone steaming on the pitch and seriously hurting a referee for the FA to realise what idiots they have refereeing the games,alot of the times it is the assistants who don't have thee bottle to give decisions.

We need refs who are not intimidated by the players

wot normal bloke would want to be an offical its a thankless job u look at them they r all nerdy u need ex coppers or ex england rugby players to get any respect from all those around well maybe not the coppers then but u get my drift

Hmm a good 16 hours since the game last night. East Thurrock's game plan worked with a physical game where they never allowed any player time on the ball.

There were a lot of bad fouls in the first half which deserved a yellow, which may or may not have changed the outcome of last night. I am sure the ref realised his mistake, when he then went on to send off Kris Newby for a second bookable offence for time wasting, if I was in management and witnessed the foul I would have substituted the player to prevent this. The second red was a joke and never even deserved a yellow.

Poor ref, again.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
In all seriousness it is going to take someone steaming on the pitch and seriously hurting a referee for the FA to realise what idiots they have refereeing the games,alot of the times it is the assistants who don't have thee bottle to give decisions.

Unfortunately, that would just end up with the person going to court, for assault, the Club being fined and the ground being closed.
The FA, and FIFA, have backed away from player in-discipline for far too long.
IMHO, players who continually receive Yellow and Red Cards, should be banned for a season. Players like DiCanio(pushing the Ref) and Cantona(jumping into the crowd and kicking a spectator), should have been banned for life. What was the Cantona outcome? He was slapped on the wrist, and the person who shouted at Cantona(so be warned), was made out to be a criminal. Attacks like that in the street would end up going to court. Nobody wants the Police to arrest players for assault during a game, but who knows where it might end up?
Until the FA in this country start hitting players hard, nobody in their right mind will want to be a Ref, hence the brain dead ones the lower leagues have now!

the sad reality is though it will take a tragedy in football for the fa to change the rules regarding referees.At times they do have a hard job,no one really knows the offside rule as they have changed it too many times,when is someone interferring with play or not??

what is a tackle from behind,some refs have one idea,others have other ideas

the fact of the matter is that in this league and many non leagues the assistant referees cannot be bothered to put their flags up for things the referee may of missed,this is what annoys fans more than anything

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist

Cantona(jumping into the crowd and kicking a spectator), should have been banned for life. What was the Cantona outcome? He was slapped on the wrist, and the person who shouted at Cantona(so be warned), was made out to be a criminal.

Probably because he was. Pretty sure the guy was a known troublemaker at Palace and a complete general lowlife with a lengthy criminal record. Doesn't condone what Cantona did but I think in this case he was no better than Cantona.

the bloke got done for racially abusing a frenchman,when people do that every day of the week on tv.

35'000 spurs mugs could get banged up for calling wenger a paedo if the law was enforced like that week in week out.Cantona was a scumbag who should of got banned for life and would of had he played for anyone other than man utd,should of also done 3-5 years in the nick for that as well.