Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many Ebbsfleet supporters are MyFC members ?

Derryman

Originally Posted By: Jeff

I don't see my £35 as having made a financial difference to the club.

Every little helps, Jeff.

If all 28,000 members said that and didn't join up, there'd be no money in the club at all.

£35 can do a lot to help the club. Maybe in a small way, but a helpful way.

Originally Posted By: eufckev

Nearly all MyFC I've spoken to over the web and/or at the matches have all said that it is down the manager to select the team. At the end of the day, Liam Daish still has the final say, and if that doesn't match up the team that the minority of members vote on, then they have the choice of not to renew their membership at the end of year one. I'm almost certain it is a minority that vote a team.

If that minority weren't to join up for year two, then it wouldn't exactly be a massive dent in terms of finance. More and more members are still joining up everyday, so the whole concept of it all is a good one.

But the whole ethos of MyFC is that they pick the team so Liam would have to play whatever team they voted for. Whilst there are a lot of MyFC members who agree team selection should be left to Liam, the members that don't will be the ones who get their say if the rest of you don't vote at all.

We've seen plenty of apathy over voting on decision already. I'm just concerned we'll get some stupid team selections because the more genuine members feel they shouldn't have a say.

And yes, Liam could wait for the selection and then "withdraw" players who suddenly become sick/unavailable. But how long do you think he'll put up with that before he goes to another club who won't mess about with his selections?

Originally Posted By: Emily
I'm a member and have no interest in picking a team either, I still vote on off the pitch decisions, but nothing which involves the on-the-pitch action.

If you don't vote, surely that leaves the result down to the minority that do and leaves the vote open to idiotic decisions? Unless of course enough of you suggest an option for "whatever Liam decides".

Nearly all MyFC I've spoken to over the web and/or at the matches have all said that it is down the manager to select the team. At the end of the day, Liam Daish still has the final say, and if that doesn't match up the team that the minority of members vote on, then they have the choice of not to renew their membership at the end of year one. I'm almost certain it is a minority that vote a team.

If that minority weren't to join up for year two, then it wouldn't exactly be a massive dent in terms of finance. More and more members are still joining up everyday, so the whole concept of it all is a good one.

Not knocking you Kev, but unless you have spoken to the majority of members, you have no idea of whether they will be wanting to pick the team or not.
As for the "Fleet Faithful" all becoming members, to have a say in the running of the Club, between 800 to 1,000, in a total membership of 28,000(?), will have very little , if no say at all!

True.

And the don´t vote all either.

The society board elections will see a rather low voting turnout I expect.That is why voting on this will have a comparable higher..weight..than on other voting matters.

It is really not football related in a direct way.There are over 100 candidates,and the threads and the behaviour of the candidates have become far too political to gain any higher interest from the silent majority I suspect.

A word of advice to DA11,Asbodan and the rest of the local candidates.Make sure to be seen on the latest posts threads.

Just withdrawing to the candidate thread will not gain any votes to speak of IMHO.

It is worth joining for the High Definition video of all the Fleet games alone.

As Jeff says, the forum is well worth a visit, and like many have said I will not be picking the team but I will be voting for Liams selection....and of course I have the satisfaction of knowing that my vote will negate the vote of some numptie who thinks he can manage a football team.

I also believe that the majority of MyFC members are not idiots and realise that they cannot do a better job of managing the team than Liam does. If the recent votes are anything to go by the 'wisdom of the crowd' idea will actually work and Liams selection will go through by a 90% plus majority every time.

More worrying is that the voting turnout is pretty dissapointing and it is hard to see anything other than greatly reduced membership in a years time, unless we can come up with a big on field success of course.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
It is my firm belief that a majority of the MyFC members wants to pick the team.
It would be strange otherwise.

They have just had a vote to allow Liam to have carte blanche on extending the current squads contracts and bringing in loan signings to the end of the season.
Despite a vociferous and heated debate along the lines of 'I vote NO because we are supposed to run the club not Liam' which ran to 16 pages on the forum when it came to the vote less than 1% of MyFC members actually voted against Liam.

I think you will find that the majority of MyFC members are actually much more sensible than you give them credit.
It may seem strange to you but some people recognise their own, and others, limitations.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
It is worth joining for the High Definition video of all the Fleet games alone.

As Jeff says, the forum is well worth a visit, and like many have said I will not be picking the team but I will be voting for Liams selection....and of course I have the satisfaction of knowing that my vote will negate the vote of some numptie who thinks he can manage a football team.

I also believe that the majority of MyFC members are not idiots and realise that they cannot do a better job of managing the team than Liam does. If the recent votes are anything to go by the 'wisdom of the crowd' idea will actually work and Liams selection will go through by a 90% plus majority every time.

More worrying is that the voting turnout is pretty dissapointing and it is hard to see anything other than greatly reduced membership in a years time, unless we can come up with a big on field success of course.

Exactly... which is why I WILL be voting to pick the team, but will be voting for Liam's selections. It IS important that we all vote, ESPECIALLY if we want Liam to get his side.

Originally Posted By: Sth_London_Fleet
Does anyone know or have a list of current fleet fans ie regulars like myself, who are standing for the board on myfc, just so i know who to vote for!

Asbodan
DA11
Hattie Jacques Allstars
Jessica

I think that there are more but I don't know the names.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
Originally Posted By: Claudius
It is my firm belief that a majority of the MyFC members wants to pick the team.
It would be strange otherwise.

They have just had a vote to allow Liam to have carte blanche on extending the current squads contracts and bringing in loan signings to the end of the season.
Despite a vociferous and heated debate along the lines of 'I vote NO because we are supposed to run the club not Liam' which ran to 16 pages on the forum when it came to the vote less than 1% of MyFC members actually voted against Liam.

I think you will find that the majority of MyFC members are actually much more sensible than you give them credit.
It may seem strange to you but some people recognise their own, and others, limitations.

I know what you want to see here but look to the longer picture slarti and don't just see what you want to see...you and yours are not important anymore...the non voting disenchanted parties are ultimately the animals in control of the farm...

the silent non voting idiots out vote the wisdom of the crowd... mark my words...

Hang on just one sec,Slarti.

I have been a MyFC member since the very beginning,you haven´t.

How do you envision 28K outsiders signing up to the very slogan..own the club,pick the team..that a majority of those..silent majority since August mind you..suddenly have changed their minds about picking the team.

To tell the truth,that members picks the team is the one thing that really..I mean,really..stands out regarding the MyFC concept.

I am willing to bet a decent amount,Slarti..they WANT to pick the team.

It would define logic otherwise.

The silent majority knows nothing about EUFC.The average silent majority member hasn´t bothered to post on the MyFC forum or have taken an interest to learn more about EUFC.The average silent majority member will want to do what he signed up for(signing up was a sign of activity..the one and only he has done so far..think about it!)Own the club-pick the team.

It is just logical.

You have to agree..putting personal opinions aside.

That said..my previous post related..there will be virtually no change in the lineup when this is happening.

Ricketts won´t be goalkeeper,and Opinel wont play upfront.

In this I am in agreement with Slarti..people on average..is not idiots.

I am fully willing and prepared to pick the team as soon as the proper foundations has been implemented on the site.

The TV coverage is there now,we just need more time to know the team and the players..and we need Liam Daish to start giving recommendations and training updates.

Picking the starting lineup is not rocket science.I have done it for years regarding Wolves,a team with a lot more alternative ways of picking the starting lineup via a deeper squad compared to EUFC.

I will not have a single problem picking a good starting lineup for EUFC.

Nor will the average Joe MyFCer..I hope.

It reamins to be seen,but more likely than not..this whole issue of MyFC picking the team in reality will turn out to be a virtual non issue.

I don not understand why you lot worry so much about this particular issue.

It is not logical to do so.