Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many Ebbsfleet supporters are MyFC members ?

Derryman

At the end of the day,the less Ebbsfleet regulars being MyFC members the less influence the regular Ebbsfleet members will have.It is unfortunate,but it is still true..so for those being the true fans of EUFC,the consideration weater to stay out or dive in might be a delicate one.

Take the upcoming elections.

I will vote for DA11 and Asbodan since I think that it is important that the local fan is being properly represented on all levels.

However,will there be enough votes for the Ebbsfleet locals?

I am a member and have not and will not EVER vote for anything to do with a starting line up.

There are too many variables for that to work.

This is a club, with a history, with fans with memories....I joined up to be part of something off field that I can say 'I had a voice in that' - but leave the on field to the expert.

On a side note - im very happy that the club has got to the Semi's for the long standing fans - and hope the MyFC members fill the home and then away ends and help roar the club on to a final - and a memory that any fan deserves.

I got there with Rotherham over 10 years ago - its a fans dream, and one I hope Liam and the lads help deliver for the fans that have got the club to where it is now.

No doubt many MyFC members will beat their chests and say 'look at my club' - but it's all down to the playing and backroom staff on the field success, its the off field running of the club and financail support MyFC can help out with that I joined up for.

/Gets down off soap box now.

Thanks everyone for your replies and comments. As I've said previously, I shall be voting mainly for existing (pre-MyFC) local Fleet supporters. I'll probably vote for 5 of these out of the 7 and for 2 MyFC newcomers who show promise ... if I can find any. (Tut-tut, Nigel !) smile

Agreed. You can already see from the MyFC forums that this is just a plaything for quite a few newbies. It'll be interesting to watch if/how soon they start clucking it out of their prams. That's why it's important that the local pre-MyFC true Ebbsfleet supporters keep at least a modicum of grip on their club.

Derryman

I am with you on this. My votes will be going to the likes of DA11, Harry etc so that we can get a good proportion of local members onto the Board. Let's just hope the saner element of MyFC (the majority in my opinion of those that I have had contact with) will follow suit.

arrr arrr

Originally Posted By: Sth_London_Fleet
Like most i only joined to see what was going on, i really don't want to pick the team, it makes me cringe on there forum the way some people talk like they have handed over millions of pounds and are running a prem side. How can you be on a board of a club that runs daily if you live in the states!!
I agree with your sentiments in general, but don't confuse the MyFC Society board with the club board. The current election is for the Society board, not the club board. Big difference in reality. (I'm not standing--no dog in this fight.)

The only job that needs to be filled on the Club Board is Secretary, when Roly steps down. This is the most vital job. The rest will only be Myfc puppets anyway, with no independent vote.

You can have anyone of your members as "Chairman", to entertain the opposing Clubs Board Members, but I think we all know who that will be anyway!

Well I joined up a couple of months ago because I don't get to attend alot of home games these days. I started going to see the Fleet in 1997 I think, and went to most home games over the next 5/6 years, before trying to attend quite a few in the last couple of seasons. I have only been back twice this season recently, but keep an eye on what is going on. I thought by joining MyFootballClub that 1) I would be continuing to support the team and 2) could have a say in their future.

:-)

I haven't joined yet, but I go to about 15 home games per year x (£13 gate, +£2.50 prog. + £2 50/50, + £2.50 beer, + £3 Fleet gristle burger) = about £22 per game , a lot of which goes directly to Fleet.

I know people like Harry, Stu, Jeff etc go to many more games than I can make, but my point is you don't HAVE to join MYFC to make a financial difference when you already support the club.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
I'm a member and have no interest in picking a team either, I still vote on off the pitch decisions, but nothing which involves the on-the-pitch action.

I agree there shouldn't be voting on team selection but realistically there will be.

If you don't vote, surely that leaves the result down to the minority that do and leaves the vote open to idiotic decisions? Unless of course enough of you suggest an option for "whatever Liam decides".

And no, I'm not a member and it's unlikely I ever will be!

Originally Posted By: Emily
Originally Posted By: eufckev
I'm a member and have no interest in picking a team either, I still vote on off the pitch decisions, but nothing which involves the on-the-pitch action.

If you don't vote, surely that leaves the result down to the minority that do and leaves the vote open to idiotic decisions? Unless of course enough of you suggest an option for "whatever Liam decides".

Nearly all MyFC I've spoken to over the web and/or at the matches have all said that it is down the manager to select the team. At the end of the day, Liam Daish still has the final say, and if that doesn't match up the team that the minority of members vote on, then they have the choice of not to renew their membership at the end of year one. I'm almost certain it is a minority that vote a team.

If that minority weren't to join up for year two, then it wouldn't exactly be a massive dent in terms of finance. More and more members are still joining up everyday, so the whole concept of it all is a good one.

Totally agree Gary.

I don't see my £35 as having made a financial difference to the club. It's a drop in a 28,000 strong ocean.

It's given me the chance to have a say, mainly trying to discourage idiotic ideas.

Spending wise, I would say I average about the same as you at home matches. Entrance fee, Kronenbourg and the 50-50 draw which ChrisBlanc and I will win again!

If anything, it's worth paying it for the laugh value on the forums.