Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Who will pick the team @Wembly?

JimGNFC

Interesting discussion on MYFC developing about when they will get to pick the team. Apparently this was promised by end of March, with a few posters feeling that if this starts soon they could be in a position to pick the team for Wembly.

MYFC may have been sold to punters on the basis of "own the club, pick the team" and I can understand their restlessness but do we really want anyone but the Manager picking a team for the Fleet's greatest game ever?

Originally Posted By: Jeff
I have to say no to this as well.

I honestly would leave it completely for this season and then bring it in with the preseason friendlies.

100% agreed. Liam has started the job, let him finish it (for this season anyway).

The idea of picking the team was one of the main selling points, however as time goes on I think its the worst idea ever. I for one will abstain or press 'Let Liam Decide' if thats a valid option - I may know a little about our team, but know hardly anything about the opposition and therefore am in no position to question Liam. I think this will be the making or breaking of MyFC, hopefully sense will prevail. If it all goes belly up, Fleet have got a new fan (sorry Man U, but you lost me years ago even though you're very pretty to watch (away at Derby excepted)!!!)

Wemberleeee!!! See you all there (and Stevenage away on Friday)

Originally Posted By: JimGNFC
Interesting discussion on MYFC developing about when they will get to pick the team. Apparently this was promised by end of March, with a few posters feeling that if this starts soon they could be in a position to pick the team for Wembly.

MYFC may have been sold to punters on the basis of "own the club, pick the team" and I can understand their restlessness but do we really want anyone but the Manager picking a team for the Fleet's greatest game ever?

I'd rather not have anyone picking the team other than the Manager at all !!!

Never having been a great fan of the Beatles(Rolling Stones and Free more my taste)and Paul McCartney, I have attempted to increase my popularity by inviting Heather Mills to accompany me to Wembley.

The cream on the cake will be seeing the team I selected run on to the field to the sound Of AC/DC's (for Aussie input) Hell's Bells.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
I have attempted to increase my popularity by inviting Heather Mills to accompany me to Wembley.

I already asked her to come to the semi at Aldershot. She emailed me and said she couldn't do the second leg.

Originally Posted By: DA11
Originally Posted By: waggamick
I have attempted to increase my popularity by inviting Heather Mills to accompany me to Wembley.

I already asked her to come to the semi at Aldershot. She emailed me and said she couldn't do the second leg.

Terrible! But hilarious! grin