Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Advantage not playing at home in August?

Originally Posted By: Special1
Willo, all I'm saying is that this makes you favourites, in my book, to get a promotion place.If you let slip on these fixtures, you probably don't deserve to go up, as the expectation must be for you to win them.

Special1 - That's the craziest thing I have ever heard on this Forum to date as how do you work that one out. I would much rather be playing Hoddesdon, which fortunately we are next week, than Arlesey Athletic and Cranfield United as these teams bring you down to their level, at least against the Royston's, Haringey's and Hoddesdon's we can play our natural 'total football' style and not worry about being kicked to pieces as was the case at Cranfield. I also don't believe we are home and hosed as you suggest, we could easily draw or lose to Cranfield on Wednesday night having not played for the last two and a half weeks.

Sorry Special 1 but I have to agree with Rhodes here. You are clutching at straws in what seems a bad loser type of way with your assertions. It should make no difference whatsoever who you had to play early doors, on a Saturday or midweek, home or away. That you mention the teams who are in the prmotion hunt is irrelevant, only the bookies are taking any notice of the pre-season odds in August. The fixture secretary hardly arranges anything of that ilk in August with that in mind.

And you are wrong, oh so very very wrong about your local fixtures being played in midweek. If you have any aspirations whatsoever of making it at a higher level you need to be incredibly mindfull of the extra revenue that a Saturday derby fixture can bring in - something that the leagues fixture secretary better bear in mind for next season or I will hit the effing roof grin

If you want money for nice kit, training stuff, a few quid here and there for players expenses etc, you had better change your tune about all your local fixtures being played in midweek. And as I have said before to you, if you don't like travelling midweek more than 30 miles to a fixture, perhaps you should give up football now!

To be honest I'm surprised at you. You clearly know what you are doing on the pitch. For matters off it and reading the daft stuff you have contrived in this thread, I suggest you leave that to someone who does.

And youre comments about teams bringing yours down to their level is arrogant, insulting, ill-informed and typical of someone who has no humility, grace, class or knowledge.

Do you ever hear good professionals, Managers or players talk like that? They might think it but would never have the arrogance to say it. I have read all the negeative comments about you and as a relative newcomer to this site didn't know what all the fuss was about. I do now. Its obvious you have never been involved in football anything just above park level but talk like someone with a wealth of experience.

I feel better now.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Sorry Special 1 but I have to agree with Rhodes here. You are clutching at straws in what seems a bad loser type of way with your assertions. It should make no difference whatsoever who you had to play early doors, on a Saturday or midweek, home or away. That you mention the teams who are in the prmotion hunt is irrelevant, only the bookies are taking any notice of the pre-season odds in August. The fixture secretary hardly arranges anything of that ilk in August with that in mind.

And you are wrong, oh so very very wrong about your local fixtures being played in midweek. If you have any aspirations whatsoever of making it at a higher level you need to be incredibly mindfull of the extra revenue that a Saturday derby fixture can bring in - something that the leagues fixture secretary better bear in mind for next season or I will hit the effing roof! I can assure you now that if he pairs us at home to Bigg Utd or Langford in midweek I will make the most stringent complaints to the league and The FA.

If you want money for nice kit, training stuff, a few quid here and there for players expenses etc, you had better change your tune about all your local fixtures being played in midweek. And as I have said before to you, if you don't like travelling midweek more than 30 miles to a fixture, perhaps you should give up football now!

To be honest I'm surprised at you. You clearly know what you are doing on the pitch. For matters off it and reading the utter tripe you have contrived in this thread, I suggest you leave that to someone who does. Rhodes has got you on this one and I agree with him.

Re all the crap about traveling to midweek games i agree Wader,
if they can't handle it they should play in the ACTH League.
I think at this level though clubs should have grounds that
enable the fixtures to be played throughout the season on a weekly home and away basis where possible, not a block of
fixtures at start and end of season playing home/away.
Having said that,teams like KTFC and Haringey will always
finish the season with a glut of home games because of the
effect a drop of rain has on their pitches.

You just play who youre put against and the best team wins the league, the worst comes last. We all have difficult fixtures and journeys and it will even itself out over a season. No-one forces anyone to enter a league so there cant be any complaints about travelling.

Newby has a good point about local games being midweek but do the league consider that? But just as some teams have players who cant make Tues. away games some play players from different leagues (Not right in my opinion but if they feel the need). Swings and roundabouts.

Special One - it seems that u carry a grudge with KTFC and i sense some jealousy on your part, at the end of the day ur team were not good enough to compete with the big boys and when it counted u were quite not good enough and i see no advantage at playing a few matches away at the start of rhe season, and it is right what they say that the copthall pitch cannot handle loads of rain but the mamnagement realise this and the pitch will be sorted out at the end of the season, to ensure that we are in a position next year to have a better chance to fulfill all our fixtures, which is more than some clubs will do. And if the monsoon continues KTFC will have to play some games away to finish thier fixtures what advantage would that be...........none, so do me a favour and take ur head out of your [****!!****] and smell the roses instead of smelling shyte.

Originally Posted By: ICU JImmy
You just play who youre put against and the best team wins the league, the worst comes last. We all have difficult fixtures and journeys and it will even itself out over a season. No-one forces anyone to enter a league so there cant be any complaints about travelling.
Newby has a good point about local games being midweek but do the league consider that? But just as some teams have players who cant make Tues. away games some play players from different leagues (Not right in my opinion but if they feel the need). Swings and roundabouts.

that reminds me.......all teams should have a playground.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
I think at this level though clubs should have grounds that enable the fixtures to be played throughout the season on a weekly home and away basis where possible, not a block of fixtures at start and end of season playing home/away.

The simplest solution where a team has to play its first five or six league games away is that they play the next five or six league games at home. That way, they are back on a level playing field by the end of Septemmber or early October.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
That way, they are back on a level playing field by the end of Septemmber or early October.

Apart from Royston, New Bradwell, Ruislip (& Tring) etc who play on a nice slope all season long!

Football Man - That sounds fair enough, we would have been up for that however after eight away games including Hoddesdon in the Vase and VCD Athletic in the London Senior Cup we had one home game against New Bradwell St Peter on 15 September followed by two more away games at Haringey and Winslow so it's not exactly our fault as you seem to be suggesting.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1

that reminds me.......all teams should have a playground.

Winslow United and Brache Sparta have them which is really handy as I make a point of bringing the kids to those games which earns me brownie points with her indoors, Biggleswade United also have a kids play area albeit not a playground.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Special One - it seems that u carry a grudge with KTFC and i sense some jealousy on your part, at the end of the day ur team were not good enough to compete with the big boys and when it counted u were quite not good enough and i see no advantage at playing a few matches away at the start of rhe season, and it is right what they say that the copthall pitch cannot handle loads of rain but the mamnagement realise this and the pitch will be sorted out at the end of the season, to ensure that we are in a position next year to have a better chance to fulfill all our fixtures, which is more than some clubs will do. And if the monsoon continues KTFC will have to play some games away to finish thier fixtures what advantage would that be...........none, so do me a favour and take ur head out of your [****!!****] and smell the roses instead of smelling shyte.
I am glad the subject matter had the desired affect. Consider yourself hooked, lined and sinkered. giggle
Now I know how Rhodes gets his kicks!