Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Very well done Town!

Steph

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
According to the AFC Sudbury Forum, we got a scrappy goal and a soft goal after being 1-0 down at H/T. Mind you, they all count and well down to the Town.

Rubbish,
We were 0-1 down at H/T but Ricci had, what looked like a good goal ruled out for "something" by the "local Ref" that we always get up country.

Great work by Luke who won the ball 3 times against a big defender to lay on for Ricci to slot home. Second was a great shot by Jonesy from edge of box ( or may be outside ) beat keeper top corner. Poss a good keeper would have saved it !!

The carrot crunchers got most upset !!

Suds No 11 Broadly got very upset and could have been sent off in a "player gathering" around the Ref after Campbell was fouled near the end.

Good performance showing great spirit.

Good to have a chat with the few Dartford supporters who drove up for the game.

Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Originally Posted By: the_wise_one
Not a fair result town should have won by more a great performance well worth the trip.

Best win of the season (and i could not be there cry but a very well done to the players).

We know when town goes to Suffolk we will get no favours from the partisan referees, that is life the disallowed goal is part of being a town manager.

What I heard from Mr Safety officer in my updates was we were on top at half time and he was confident we would do ok in the second half. Jonah hit a screamer on 75 mins and Ricci and Luke both had good games.

We also should have had a penalty for handball,but the Lino decided to raise a very suspect off-side flag against us instead.

Willis,Harvey,and Foster had thier best games yet in a Town shirt.After a quiet first 20 minutes Luke Marshall had a excellent game on the wing.Gave that Ginger right-back a real test.Carroll had a solid game at right back (still out of his natural position -in my opinion).Bastian put in a very competent display at left-back.Tickner was the man of the team and put in a very dependable display. Jones and Rudi looked a good parnership in the middle.Manny Sackey worked hard out wide and showed some good touches,but didn't really join up with his teammates that often though.Ozzie was a man on a mission.Wish he played with that spirit and presence every game.Ricci was a class above their defenders all night (although he can still be frustrating to watch at times).

Allow me to clear up a few points.

Town played well in the second half after Sudbury had the upper hand in the first. Ricci scored with a miskick that wrongfooted the keeper after being set up by Luke's persistence. Andy Jones hit a shot from 20-odd yards six minutes later that seemed to catch the keeper by surprise - think it might have swerved late as well.

Ricci's first half effort was disallowed because he was a couple of yards offside. There was nothing wrong with the refereeing.

Sudbury were their usual hospitable and friendly selves, and the two Dartford fans in attendance very complimentary about how much we had improved since we lost to them.

So that's one defeat in seven. We must be doing something right.

I though the first half was even.Sudbury had more possesion,but we arguably created more clear openings in front of goal.

surprised no one spotted the deflection off a Town defenders head/shoulder for the sudbury goal.For me, our keeper would have saved the shot without that slight change of direction that the ball took.

The sudbury fans were great and the overall set up of the club was friendly and well organized.The crowd in the shed did become more aggressive and hostile after we took the lead,but that is only to be expected.

I enjoyed the match and the hospitality in the bar afterwards also the humour of staff in the changing room area as Mr Safety Officer and myself were clearing up after our team.