Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ESL League Cup Final

Concord Rangers 2-3 Eton Manor

An excellent game that saw Manor take a two goal lead, only to see Rangers peg them back to 2-2, through goals from Danny Heale and Shane Oakley. Apologies to Manor for not knowing the first two goal scorers.

Just before the break, the forum's own Manor No.9 (Anton Stephenson) finished from close range to give the Manor a 3-2 half time lead.

The second half saw no further goals but no shortage of chances and opportunities for both sides. Rangers piled forward but were met with a resolute Manor rearguard, led admirably by their Man of the Match skipper Steve Willis.

Final word goes to "Big D" Danny Heale on breaking David Hope's (Bowers Utd 1998/99) goalscoring record to retain the Don Douglas Trophy.

applause

Cheers Anton, I've amended my post to acknowledge Steve, I was going on the programme and didn't know the line ups.

Well played mate!

BTW, I gave my seat up in the bar for an elderly chap who said he had been supporting Eton Manor since 1934, some 74 years.

He even remembers Sir Alf Ramsey at the club. A fascinating fellow and a pleasure to meet!

richard that lee smith is still at enfield town.

well done eton manor

Well done Manor . was a good game , and weve shared 20 goals between us (10 each) in our 4 meetings this year !!

Was a good game, but Concord gifted Eton the opening goals. When they equalised I thought the flood gates would open, but fair play to Manor.

Well done Big D though, Hopey is gonna be gutted!!!applause