Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Wader - If you can't believe a match report then what can you believe, that's what I was going by when I said that Hanwell Town lost tamely to you at Reynolds Field back in September. Actually I received a flattering approach from a Ryman League Division 1 Club today but I'm just enjoying my 'retirement' at the moment, it's also far too early to say whether I will be following in the footsteps of 'my mentor' next season but I very much doubt it, I don't beleve in going to matches just for the sake of it, or in my mentor's case to be seen.

Originally Posted By: Wader

I'm not having a go, just making a point that what you state so boldly and with such authority is actually not based on your first hand experience.

This applies to practically everything that Rhodes posts!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - If you can't believe a match report then what can you believe

I would always take any match report with a huge pinch of salt. There are numerous occasions when I have been at a game only to read a subsequent match report that bore no relation to what I saw. This, I find, is especially true for games when the away team wins as the match reports in the non-league papers are invariably written by someone from the home team.

In the same vein I never base opinions on games based on what I see on highlights programs, like MotD, as in the past I have watched the entire match on Sky only to see the edited highlights paint a completely false picture of how the game went.

In my opinion only if you have seen a game from start to finish with your own eyes can you give a proper review of that game.

Also, when I wrote home match reports for the Non League Paper, they would often change things around to fit the available space, etc. and would often change the meaning and context of my original report to the point that it bore very little resemblance to the game itself. Even in my days at Ilford, the local paper would change the report to the extent that somebody who wasn't actually there was trying to tell me what had happened in the game. I often wondered what the point was of writing a match report at all. Might as well have just given their journalist the score and scorers and let them write up what they think might have happened. And, of course, clip Rods would have believed it all!

Originally Posted By: blues06
Rhodes u talk the most sh*t i've ever heard!! i feel so sorry for the next club u become involved in!!

I must not pick on Rhodes

..............Oh Sorry........did I say that out loud giggle

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Even in my days at Ilford

Yes we know all about that don't we. I'm actually confused as I got the Hanwell Town v Biggleswade Town report from the Hanwell Website with nothing added or nothing taken away so what are you trying to say, the report seems very well balanced and unbiased so I have no reason to believe that Hanwell didn't lose the game tamely with Biggleswade simply making a smash and grab raid.

What are you talking about, I work for the Ministry of Defence. Is Craig Hammond still at Garden Walk.

ive just found out who the new management team is at hanwell town and its very impressive, im sure they will attract good experienced players and i wouldnt be surprised if they was up there come the end of the season and also a good f.a. vase run is on the cards.... should be intresting.

Rhodes - The Kentish Town FC website needs updating! Since you left I think its all gone down the pan! The website I mean.

Yes Hanwell should do better with the new management team, always seemed to be happy to be there and there abouts, they have a good ground etc so should try to push out of Spartan and upwards.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Rhodes - The Kentish Town FC website needs updating! Since you left I think its all gone down the pan! The website I mean.

Yes Hanwell should do better with the new management team, always seemed to be happy to be there and there abouts, they have a good ground etc so should try to push out of Spartan and upwards.

Bosman08 - What SSML team are you afiliated to out of interest. Firstly why are you telling me this and secondly Hanwell Town have always had a good ground unless you mean they have left Reynolds Field, if so where does this leave Sport London e Benfica, perhaps that's why Special1 has gone to ground.