Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

08/09 Title Challengers!!!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
If owning a nice house in the country, both having new motors and 3 holidays a year makes money our God then so be it.
Far preferable to living in rented accommodation and not knowing when you are going to be evicted whilst traveling around London on an oyster card...

Very interesting, I'll let members make up their own minds and we'll see how many agree with that middle class opinion, I actually feel sorry for you

Don't waste your pity on us, look at your own first.................

....and it's Upper Middle Class I hope, I'll agree with Mr K here, I far prefer the stability that hard work brings and if you have a problem with that then I can only assume that you have no ambition, surely anyone selfish enough to have children makes sure they can provide the stability first, or would you prefer that we were all still living in caves?
I can only guess that your worrying concern over our private lives and financial standing stems from a perverse jealousy usually only harboured by underachievers and spineless morons - now I am late, got to rush..................

cooked

cooked

Originally Posted By: Mrs Keeps
Don't waste your pity on us, look at your own first.................
....and it's Upper Middle Class I hope, I'll agree with Mr K here, I far prefer the stability that hard work brings and if you have a problem with that then I can only assume that you have no ambition, surely anyone selfish enough to have children makes sure they can provide the stability first, or would you prefer that we were all still living in caves?
I can only guess that your worrying concern over our private lives and financial standing stems from a perverse jealousy usually only harboured by underachievers and spineless morons - now I am late, got to rush..................
cooked

A very, very interesting perspective on life today, again I will let other members make up their own minds including Urchin Mentalist!

Football Man - For once you are spot on, I was indeed left open mouthed by Mrs Keeps extraordinary comments, particularly about having children, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one! I'll be interested to get Urchin Mentalist's view.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Sorry...

Rhodes 30
Mrs Keeps 15

However, this does mean Rhodes is beating a woman, which isnt right in today's society (unless you live in Essex)

duck

Work stopped play

Mrs K putting in some extra hours today - I am sure she will finish this game at a later stage laugh

I think everyone was surprised by Hanwell Town's disappointing season, eleven away defeats, including London Colney's only home win, were far too many and clearly something was wrong at Reynolds Field.

have to disagree with you there rhodes. I was there last season and it was a case of us just hittin a bum note and waiting for new players to gel together. biggest one was losing to kingsbury 1-0 when they only had 9 men for the last 35 minutes of the game and we just couldnt score even thou we had around 20 shots at goal. but we did turn it around even thou it was too late. but I predict top 6/7 for them this season!!

Football Man - For once you are spot on, I was indeed left open mouthed by Mrs Keeps extraordinary comments, particularly about having children, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one! I'll be interested to get Urchin Mentalist's view.

Why....having children is an extremely selfish decision and one that should be given a lot of thought, questions one should ask oneself must surely include

Can we afford this - Losing a wage or finding the extra for childcare costs (if you want to carry on working) - feeding them - clothing them - school fees (sometimes applicable) - treats, days out etc...

Are we in a stable enough relationship - your relationship may be great whilst you have only each other to consider, but think on .... when Husband/Father wants to spend all his free time playing silly beggars on Fans Focus or touring the city chasing the latest in a long line of footballing idols....(just a thought) and wife/mother needs a break/bit of attention or perhaps kids are crying out for quality time with said father.... what happens if said father can't be ars*d and decides to put his own selfish pleasures first? - broken homes abound! - tax payer has to step in and help out with the hand outs!

Why do we want children - big question here - take a look in the mirror, do you really want to replicate that? - genetically this is not always a good idea?

What will we do with them once we get them - cleaning chimneys is outlawed now, selling matches is pointless every ones got lighters - so you can't make any money out of them for a few years - so really what was the point after all? Of course there is always selling them - that's a viable option, lots of desperate people out there who for some reason or another have been unable to have children - and like the child that is told they cannot have a bag of sweets - they want them that much more, at any cost!

So tell me Rhodes what was your selfless reason for having kids?

Lets face it, be honest, it's one big ego trip for us all !!!!!!!!

evil2 evil2 evil2 evil2 evil2

Butler4-4-2 - I'll ignore the last off topic post as it tells me and, I'm sure, other members all we need to know about Mrs Keeps.

I hadn't twigged that you were a Hanwell Town fan when you have posted previously so a belated welcome to the Forum. You must have still been very disappointed with a ninth place finish taking into account you came down with Beaconsfield SYCOB the previous season who romped away with the Championship. Reynolds Field is usually a formidable place to visit yet you lost tamely to Biggleswade Town, Broxbourne Borough and Chalfont St Peter and drew five times so 'hitting a bum note' seems a lame excuse, albeit one for the book.

a bum note is just my way of cutting it short!!! I am not a fan, I was on the coaching staff having join Chris Boothe at xmas time. the difference between us and sycob is the financial bit and the massive egos of some players!! you can do really well at this level if you have the players that want to be there and are not just there for the dollars for example Chalfont st peter. any how if you have players that just turm up willie nillie and opperate without a ressie team then this is where you start to struggle this is where I come in, took the job, bought in sum new faces and it took a while to adjust, when we did, we did very well indeed.

butler

I was at the Chalfont St Peter v Beaconsfield Premier Division Cup Final and St Peter didn't strike me as having pound signs in front of their eyes whereas SYCOB did, St Peter seemed to play for the shirt and were unlucky not to take the game into extra time, they deservedly beat Brimsdown two weeks later in the Challenge Trophy Final. Even in the Cup competitions Hanwell seemed to struggle going down 3-2 at home to Kingsbury in the Trophy 3rd Round and 1-0 at home to Chalfont St Peter in the Premier Division Cup 3rd Round but as you say hopefully next season will be a lot better, good luck anyway.

Reynolds Field is usually a formidable place to visit yet you lost tamely to Biggleswade Town, Broxbourne Borough and Chalfont St Peter and drew five times so 'hitting a bum note' seems a lame excuse, albeit one for the book.

That all seems a bit churlish Rhodes. Especially as you didn't see any of the Premier campaign last season. To say they lost tamely to us and Chalfont (who both finished in the top 3) and Broxbourne (who on their day were a very tough nut for anyone) says to me that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to what happened last season in the Premier Division. I wouldn't pretend to know about or pass comment on Division 1 as I hardly watched a match. Or was all your Premier knowledge gleaned from reading this forum or 'something you heard'?

Now next season you can of course follow your mentor Football Man and go to a variety of matches from any Division you like and then pass comment accordingly. We look forward to hearing all about it then. I'm sure you won't let us down.

Wader - Trust you to make a post like that, you know perfectly well that past Hanwell Town sides would wipe the floor with teams like Broxbourne Borough who, as you rightly say, are a tough nut to crack on their day but that is once in a blue moon. I think your comments are based on me saying that Hanwell lost tamely to you at Reynolds Field which, according to the match report below, they did:

HANWELL TOWN 0 v BIGGLESWADE TOWN 2

SATURDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2007

MOLTEN SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

Our lack of a cutting edge in front of goal, so evident in our FA Cup defeat at Barkingside the previous Sunday raised its ugly head again last Saturday when we were beaten 2-0 at home by Biggleswade Town. Our cause has not been helped by the continuing absence of leading goalscorer Keith Rowlands who is struggling to recover fully from a long term ankle injury. We were also without the injured Simeon Charles and Russell Mundy , the suspended Danny Edwards as well as Dean Scarlett and Jake Jenkins away on holiday. However, their absence was partly offset by the return to the club of Sean James and Warren Williams with Sean in particular very prominent in the opening stages with his strong runs down the left flank. However it was Biggleswade who took the lead in the fifteenth minute when Daniel Heron burst through our attempted offside trap to calmly slide the ball past Paul Taylor. We were playing some neat controlled football but rarely looked like breaking through an organised Biggleswade defence. Five minutes before the interval we had Sean to thank for us not falling two behind. An intended cross field pass by Anthony Rowlands was intercepted by Bradley Harrison who had a clear run to goal. Harrison rounded Paul before directing his shot towards an unguarded goal only for Sean to appear from nowhere to block the ball on the line.

At half time we made two substitutions with Vigan Qehaja and Alvin Bubb replacing Williams and Daley Joseph as we switched to our more normal 4-4-2 system and the move almost immediately paid off with Charlie Baverstock putting Bubb through but as Aaron Springham advanced from between th Biggleswade posts, Alvin lifted the ball over the keeper and the crossbar. On the hour mark, Paul made a fine save as he dived at the feet of Jamie Steele. Seven minutes later we had our best chance of the game when an astute pass by Jason Tucker put Victor Osobu through on the right, but Victor's fierce drive was blocked by Springhams' face and the ball deflected for a corner. Our fate was sealed sixteen minutes from time when Victor needlessly gave away a free kick right on the edge of our penalty area. Jack Weeden sent his kick right across our goal area and we somehow allowed the ball to reach the unmarked Heron on the far post who had an easy task to score from close range. Nine minutes from time we made our final substitution, Altonio Stennett coming on to make his debut in place of Charlie who as always had not stopped running all afternoon.

Side: Paul Taylor, Antony Rowlands, Sean James, Milo Brown, Blake Goodman, Jason Tucker, Warren Williams, Daley Joseph, Charlie Baverstock, Aziz Khoshimov and Victor Osobu.

Subs: Vigan Qehaja and Alvin Bubb for Williams and Joseph (45) Altonio Stennett for Baverstock (81)

That you need a match report to glean your information merely proves the point I was making. You didn't watch the Premier Division last season so your comments about it will necessarily be taken by most with a pinch of salt.

I'm not having a go, just making a point that what you state so boldly and with such authority is actually not based on your first hand experience.

You didn't respond to the point I made about you next season, running free through the divisions of your choice to watch your matches of preference. I bet you're looking forward to being a free spirit in that way, like Football Man.