Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Tree hugger....give us your view on County cup final yesterday?

I thought the better team won in the end.At first I thought Bedfont Sunday were gonna cosat it after Tosie put you 2 up,but Barnes Albion still played a good passing game at times reminiscent of Hayes United, but there problem was no pace up front and none of their strikers were never central when the crosses came in.Saying that the 1 time they managed to get someone central for a cross they scored and then hit the post after a great inter-passing move.

Thought their sub Denver Morris caused Bedfont no end of problems with his pace when he come on.

Great 3rd goal for Bedfont after Phelan set up Tosie for what Bedfont surely thought was winning goal on 86 minutes,before Barnes hit back couple of minutes later to set up extra time.

Saw Denver Morris a couple of years back playing for southall against Yeading in County cup and I thought he was impressive.Understand he and at least 4 other Barnes players play for Harefield united in spartan south Midland League.

Originally Posted By: TRB
Tree hugger...Hayes United was not at full strength, but should still have enough about them to put away Hayes Gate.
Kanani was on the bench,Grant still serving suspension,No Costa for last 2 games, no Privett or 1st choice keeper either.
Made a mistake, as Hayes gate had 3 4 golden chances and not 3, but they took 1 and that is all that matters.
There may also be an enquiry into whether Hayes gate have played an illegal player as Danny Hawkesworth played for Marsh Rangers.Don't know the ins & outs,so we shall wait and see,but I can vouch that he was definetly playing for Hayes Gate on saturday wearing the no.7 shirt,and he also played for Marsh Rangers as recently as 14th March against Bedfont.

Interesting.......very interesting indeed.....so theres possibilities of more clubs losing points due to poor secretarial work....so would this be the same rule that has postponed the Deportivo Vs Bethnal result? - By that I mean a playerplaying for two clubs in one season?

Tree hugger....give us your view on County cup final yesterday?
I thought the better team won in the end.At first I thought Bedfont Sunday were gonna cosat it after Tosie put you 2 up,but Barnes Albion still played a good passing game at times reminiscent of Hayes United, but there problem was no pace up front and none of their strikers were never central when the crosses came in.Saying that the 1 time they managed to get someone central for a cross they scored and then hit the post after a great inter-passing move.
Thought their sub Denver Morris caused Bedfont no end of problems with his pace when he come on.
Great 3rd goal for Bedfont after Phelan set up Tosie for what Bedfont surely thought was winning goal on 86 minutes,before Barnes hit back couple of minutes later to set up extra time.
Saw Denver Morris a couple of years back playing for southall against Yeading in County cup and I thought he was impressive.Understand he and at least 4 other Barnes players play for Harefield united in spartan south Midland League.

TRB.....didn't know you were there......yeh Barnes were the better footballing side by far....I was very impressed with the midfielders, and thought Adam Willis was MOM by far.

I was gutted I didn't get on, but I doubt I would have made much of a difference. You're right in that despite their possesion, they never really looked to threaten Bedfont, I thought they were shaky in central defence, but teir two full backs were very comfortable on the ball, and upfront they were too similar, both coming short, and offering nothing in behind.....their first goal should have been cleared twice by Bedfont but wasnt, their second was a penalty, and their third was a mile offside.....I think at any view in the ground it was offside, except from where the lino was standing.

Yes, the sub did make the difference....was very lively, and against tired legs, proved to be the difference......However, if Tosie had rattled in his hatrick when he blazed wide, it would have made for an intereting last 10 minutes.

Still, we cant win it every year. lol

Cup Final

I missed the pen for bedfont arrived late,but thought on the whole Barnes played the better football, but Bedfont certainly battled and really should of won but for two awfull decisions one by the referee and the other one by the linesman that even had the Barnes players chuckleing at the not offside decision.

Only the referee could now what he give the penalty for and the Barnes players seemed just as shocked as the Bedfont players at his decision.

I wonder if this comment by the referee was true to one of the Barnes players"get in the box and i will give it"

But one of the better finals i have seen of the years, both teams deserve a lot of credit

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

0 4 FC Deportivo Galicia v Bedfont Sports

Saturday's match report from Bedfont's Website:

http://www.bedfontsportsclub.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=756

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger
Tree hugger...Hayes United was not at full strength, but should still have enough about them to put away Hayes Gate.
Kanani was on the bench,Grant still serving suspension,No Costa for last 2 games, no Privett or 1st choice keeper either.
Made a mistake, as Hayes gate had 3 4 golden chances and not 3, but they took 1 and that is all that matters.
There may also be an enquiry into whether Hayes gate have played an illegal player as Danny Hawkesworth played for Marsh Rangers.Don't know the ins & outs,so we shall wait and see,but I can vouch that he was definetly playing for Hayes Gate on saturday wearing the no.7 shirt,and he also played for Marsh Rangers as recently as 14th March against Bedfont.

Interesting.......very interesting indeed.....so theres possibilities of more clubs losing points due to poor secretarial work....so would this be the same rule that has postponed the Deportivo Vs Bethnal result? - By that I mean a playerplaying for two clubs in one season?

The Danny Hawkesworth Scenario is very interesting as on saturday Marsh Rangers game obviously was off agaisnt Newham Borough, and he played for Hayes Gate.Hayes United play Marsh Ranger on wednesday.May be worth going down there to see if he turns out for Marsh Rangers.

He was a Bedfont Green Player last year, also at the start of this season , But has a fall out with the General Manager, He is a silly man if he played illegaly, But the club get done and not him.

Originally Posted By: Butts BGFC
He was a Bedfont Green Player last year, also at the start of this season , But has a fall out with the General Manager, He is a silly man if he played illegaly, But the club get done and not him.

Butler....how are you mate....Its Ben.........Good to see the Green flying.....He played for Marsh the other week, but he was pants....Tommy Owen and Mark Clarke were all over him.

You say that the club get done and not the player, but the club should have a better policy in terms of signing these players.....yes the player should be honest, but surely the club secretary should do their homework before signing, or the manager should take the the balme for playing someone not signed on........it goes back to the Bethnal case......yeh the player supposedley pulled wool over Bethnal's eyes, but surely someone at Bethnal knew what was going on.....they had to check if he owed monies etc, or who else he was signed on for surely? Same with this fella.

The Danny Hawkesworth Scenario is very interesting as on saturday Marsh Rangers game obviously was off agaisnt Newham Borough, and he played for Hayes Gate.Hayes United play Marsh Ranger on wednesday.May be worth going down there to see if he turns out for Marsh Rangers.

So lets see if he turns up tonight....keep us posted TRB

Originally Posted By: Tree Hugger
Originally Posted By: Football Man
1-1

TRB....What happened?

Tree Hugger....Unfortunately could not get there last night.May see Hayes manager or players tonight possibly.

Here's a 'report' from someone on the another Forum although he doesn't touch on the action:

Marsh Rangers (0) 1

Hayes United (0) 1

Middlesex Premier

Admission

The Alec Smith Premier Division Cup Semi Final
1 3 Southall v Bethnal Green United

Bethnal Green United are all over the East London Advertiser like a rash again:

Campbell inspires Bethnal Green to semi-final triumph
25 March 2009

Marlon Campbell produced a sensational display to send Bethnal Green United into the Alex Smith Premier Division Cup final and strengthen the club's pursuit of an unprecedented treble.

United overcame the first-half dismissal of goalscorer Shane Joseph to eliminate semi-final opponents Southall and reach the final of the competition for a second successive season.

Bethnal Green will become the first team ever to retain the trophy if the Middlesex County League club defeat final opponents Willesden Constantine or Hayes United at Yeading's The Warren ground on April 18.

But United boss Justin Gardner admitted his team's glory bid could have been derailed at Southall, but for a towering individual performance from star striker Campbell.

The former Hitchin forward was forced to play as a lone target man after Joseph saw red for violent conduct, but helped his side make light of their numerical disadvantage.

"The way Marlon played, it looked like they were the ones down to 10 men at times," Gardner said. "He did the work of two people up front - he was winning balls in the air, holding it up, chasing down their defenders. He was like a man possessed."

Campbell had opened the scoring in the 10th minute with a turn and shot from the edge of the area and United looked to be coasting when Joseph raced clear to double the lead.

But Joseph blotted his copybook midway through the first half when the striker responded to rough treatment from the Southall defenders by swinging an elbow at his opposite number, earning a straight red card.

The dismissal appeared to galvanise Campbell, who saw a stunning solo effort ruled out by a contentious offside decision, and United held firm until a mistake from Ajibola Olatunbosun allowed Southall to reduce the deficit late on.

Yet any hopes of an equaliser were dashed when Marlon Boateng nipped in to seal the outcome eight minutes from time.

Bethnal Green United host Deportivo Galicia at Mile End Stadium on Saturday (2.30pm).

Tomorrow's fixtures:

Premier Division

Bedfont Sports v Hayes Gate

Bethnal Green United v FC Deportivo Galicia

Newham Borough (SECP) v Kodak (Harrow)

Willesden Constantine v Hayes United

Tree Hugger....you are right about the Hayes v Bethnal final.Bethnal are in great form right now.Hayes need to be at full strength to win that final cause when they are, they caused BGU's defence problems on the counter attack .Bedfont have their work cut out next week in the Semi final.Did not make it to Hayes game today.Bedfont may still go up,as Southall still have to play top 3.Not sure if they'll come out with all 9 points though, especially the way BGU are playing at present.

Seen on Mitoo site that the Hayes United-Hayes Gate result has disappeared.Looks like the Hawkesworth scenario has cost Hayes Gate the 3 points.

Today's results:

Premier Division

1 0 Bedfont Sports v Hayes Gate

5 0 Bethnal Green United v FC Deportivo Galicia

0 4 Newham Borough (SECP) v Kodak (Harrow)

0 1 Willesden Constantine v Hayes United

5 0 Bethnal Green United v FC Deportivo Galicia

From the East London Advertiser:

United warm to task in rout
01 April 2009

Bethnal Green United overcame a disastrous first-half display to thump Middlesex County League whipping boys Deportivo Galicia and close the gap on Premier Division title rivals Hayes United.

Goals from Shane Joseph, Shane Baptiste and a hat-trick from Marlon Campbell eventually sealed a deserved win for United, who are now just four points behind leaders Hayes with four matches remaining.

The outcome keeps Bethnal Green in the hunt for an unprecedented treble, but boss Justin Gardner admitted that the final scoreline masked an uncomfortable opening 40 minutes at Mile End Stadium, in which his side were outplayed by bottom club Deportivo.

"We were absolutely shocking in the first half and it was probably the poorest performance I've ever been involved with," said Gardner. "We started to show what we can do after half-time, but the spectators must have thought they were watching a different team."

Despite producing a stellar display a week earlier, Bethnal Green struggled against stubborn Deportivo and goalkeeper Phil Skelton was the lone United player to emerge with real credit from the opening 45 minutes.

The former Brentwood stopper produced a remarkable reaction save minutes before half-time to ensure United went into the break with a slender lead, courtesy of Campbell's 40th-minute header.

The home side finally started to gel after the restart and Shane Joseph doubled the lead within five minutes, firing home from Marlon Boateng's pass.

Campbell slid in to convert Kadir Jama's cross after an hour and Baptiste headed in 10 minutes later, before Campbell netted his 11th goal in nine games to seal his hat-trick from the penalty spot.

Bethnal Green, who visit Bedfont Sports in the semi-final of the Middlesex League Senior Cup on Saturday (3pm), will play Hayes United in the final of the Alec Smith Premier Division Cup at Yeading FC's The Warren ground on Saturday April 18. For details of coach travel, see www.bethnalgreenunitedfc.co.uk