Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The FA Cup

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Chalfont St Peter v Team Bath

Chalfont St Peter 0 Team Bath 1 (full time)

Some results still missing, a draw was the last thing Hendon wanted:

FA Cup Second Qualifying Round

Nantwich Town FC 4 - 1 FC Halifax Town

Kendal Town FC - Mossley AFC

Southport FC 3 - 2 Vauxhall Motors FC

Frickley Athletic FC 1 - 0 Clitheroe FC

North Ferriby United FC - Newcastle Blue Star FC

Whitby Town FC 2 - 2 Blyth Spartans AFC

Stocksbridge Park Steels FC 1 - 2 Curzon Ashton FC

Wakefield FC 0 - 3 Fleetwood Town FC

Droylsden FC 2 - 1 Bradford (Park Avenue) FC

Winterton Rangers FC 1 - 1 Newcastle Benfield FC

Durham City FC 4 - 0 Rossendale United FC

Whitley Bay FC 3 - 1 Hyde United FC

Guiseley AFC 2 - 2 Garforth Town FC

Buxton FC 1 - 0 Burscough FC

Prescot Cables FC 2 - 1 Salford City FC

Workington FC 0 - 0 Harrogate Town FC

Gateshead FC - Witton Albion FC

Stalybridge Celtic FC 4 - 0 Farsley Celtic FC

Sheffield FC 4 - 1 Bacup Borough FC

Coalville Town FC 2 - 1 Stafford Rangers FC

Lincoln United FC 0 - 1 Eastwood Town FC

Rugby Town FC 5 - 1 Long Eaton United FC

Shepshed Dynamo FC 1 - 2 Alfreton Town FC

Chasetown FC 1 - 1 Rothwell Town FC

Hucknall Town FC - Cradley Town FC

Belper Town FC 4 - 1 Redditch United FC

Boston United FC 2 - 1 Stamford AFC

Retford United FC - Romulus FC

Stourbridge FC 1 - 1 Brackley Town FC

Halesowen Town FC 3 - 0 Gainsborough Trinity FC

Southam United FC 1 - 1 Atherstone Town FC

Stewarts & Lloyds FC 2 - 3 Ilkeston Town FC

Kings Lynn FC 2 - 1 Worksop Town FC

AFC Telford United 3 - 2 Corby Town FC

Worcester City FC 0 - 1 Tamworth FC

Hinckley United FC - Solihull Moors FC

Bromley FC 0 - 1 AFC Hornchurch

Thurrock FC 0 - 5 Boreham Wood FC

Dunstable Town FC 2 - 3 Chipstead FC

Folkestone Invicta FC 1 - 2 Horsham FC

Wroxham FC - Heybridge Swifts FC

Burgess Hill Town FC 0 - 0 Bognor Regis Town FC

Bedford Town FC 2 - 2 AFC Wimbledon

Welling United FC - Whyteleafe FC

Bishop's Stortford FC 3 - 2 Wingate & Finchley FC

Hitchin Town FC 0 - 0 Stanway Rovers FC

St Albans City FC 0 - 0 Harlow Town FC

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2 - 2 Hendon FC

Merstham FC 1 - 1 Thamesmead Town FC

Leighton Town FC 0 - 1 Crowborough Athletic FC

Dartford FC 0 - 1 Hampton & Richmond Borough FC

Staines Town FC 0 - 0 Hayes & Yeading United FC

Maidstone United FC 3 - 2 Fisher Athletic FC

Bury Town FC 2 - 1 Chelmsford City FC

Hemel Hempstead Town FC 1 - 2 Ware FC

Carshalton Athletic FC - Leiston FC

Sutton United FC 3 - 1 Billericay Town FC

Cambridge City FC 1 - 1 Worthing FC

Kingstonian FC 4 - 0 Braintree Town FC

Dover Athletic FC 3 - 1 Needham Market FC

East Thurrock United FC 3 - 0 VCD Athletic FC

Arlesey Town FC 1 - 4 Ashford Town (Middx) FC

Paulton Rovers FC 1 - 0 Bitton AFC

Fleet Town FC 5 - 0 Newport Pagnell Town FC

Poole Town FC - Frome Town FC

Bath City FC 2 - 0 Clevedon Town FC

Aylesbury United FC 4 - 1 Mangotsfield United FC

Weston Super Mare FC 2 - 4 Chesham United FC

Eastleigh FC - Farnborough FC

AFC Totton 2 - 1 Thatcham Town FC

Havant & Waterlooville FC 2 - 2 Shortwood United FC

Bashley FC - Maidenhead United FC

Basingstoke Town FC 3 - 1 Hamworthy United FC

Oxford City FC P - P Tiverton Town FC

Aylesbury Vale FC 1 - 1 Gosport Borough FC

Dorchester Town FC - Newport County FC

Chalfont St Peter FC 0 - 1 Team Bath FC

Truro City FC 1 - 1 Chippenham Town FC

Just got back from Chalfont v Team Bath. Chalfont were terrific and dominated their opponents (who are second in Blue Square South) for long periods. But they lost due to a twice-taken penalty early in the game. Chalfont hit the bar with almost the last kick. Rhodes, you'll be glad to know a certain Takumi Ake was playing for the visitors. However, even he was outshone by Chalfont's right back. Didn't catch the team line-ups before the game but he's a black guy (possibly Lee Togwell?). Played very well indeed.

Yes Takumi Ake asked me to come to watch the game but I couldn't make it, thanks for the report.

Myself, Spider and Manorborn were also at this game. I wouldn't quite go as far as saying Chalfont dominated for long periods but they certainly matched their opponents and deseved a replay at the very least. The home keeper was a little unlucky with the spot kick as he saved the first effort only to be flagged for moving off his line. He then saved the second effort but the rebound was put in. I agree with you about Chalfonts best player though I would have said he was more of a winger although he wore the 2 shirt. He looked the most lively player on the field and it was his effort that struck the bar at the end. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with Team Bath though having never seen them before I don't know if that was a full strength side. We actually thought the oriental player was their best player which I presume was Ake. He seems to have improved as a player and is more at the centre of the game now. Also not diving and trying to con the referee every two minutes as he was every time I saw him play for Haringey makes him a better player.

Originally Posted By: Lato
We actually thought the oriental player was their best player which I presume was Ake. He seems to have improved as a player and is more at the centre of the game now. Also not diving and trying to con the referee every two minutes as he was every time I saw him play for Haringey makes him a better player.

Lato - You knew full well it was Ake as you've seen him play on a number of occasions, I said from day one that he was capable of playing at a high level and he hasn't scratched the surface yet, I think he can break into the Football League when he finishes his education in Bath.

You knew full well it was Ake as you've seen him play on a number of occasions

rhodes,

1. I have seen Aki play in I think three maybe four games and he spent most of those diving at every opportunity even spurning shooting chances to do so.

2. I didn't know he was playing for Team Bath. How come your close personal friend never told you this to share with everybody. Most unlike you.

3. His name did not appear in the programme.

4. I would have thought that as Ake allegedly asked you to go to the game you would have jumped at the opportunity to inform forum members of this and that we would get the chance to see a 'superstar' in action. More so, that it was at an SSML ground.

5. We arrived late so missed the team announcements

6. Given all that I had no reason to expect Takumi Ake to be playing in the game. As I said though we were impressed by him especially as he seems to have cut the unecessary histrionics out of his game.

2. I didn't know he was playing for Team Bath. How come your close personal friend never told you this to share with everybody. Most unlike you.

Lato - You've been caught with your trousers around your ankles on this one, I made it clear a while back that Takumi was plying his trade at Team Bath and you posted on that very same thread:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/975270/4.html

for once rhodes a lmost a point well made as I had forgotten that. I don't have your elephant like memory (or is it the time and inclination to be able to recall and retrieve the content of each and every one of your mind boggling 15165 threads) Nor do I have your rhino like skin for that matter.

However unfortunately for you the link that you have posted suggests that it is Neutral Fan and Steve R who FIRST make it clear that Takumi Ake is "plying his trade" with Team Bath and you simply endorsed it.

Lato - Thanks for holding your hands up, I'm quite fortunate to possess a photographic memory which is an advantage particularly when it comes to football administraton. Yes I note that you joined the Forum two days after me on 14 July 2006 yet you have only 2094 posts to your name, I have been far more active although you tend to disappear from view for long periods.

Syd Lexic - Yes that's Lato all over.

Were you at a game last night.

mmm..better to be considered a pedant than a sycophant.

Lato - Are you off work today by any chance as you don't normally post during the day.

Lato - Are you off work today by any chance as you don't normally post during the day.

no.

As self appointed chairman of my fan club you are being a little harsh today.

Lato, Spidermanor or Manorborn - What was the Hendon v Dulwich Hamlet game like last night and how did Rak play, I heard he scored a wonder goal at Dulwich so he must have still been on a high from that.

Lato, Spidermanor or Manorborn - What was the Hendon v Dulwich Hamlet game like last night and how did Rak play, I heard he scored a wonder goal at Dulwich so he must have still been on a high from that.

Well now Clippy as you have so predictably asked, I shall pass on the words of a bystander who confirms to me he was there. The informant who shall be known only by the name of 'Paul' tells me, the match was an exciting end to end game of ball. Hendon started well and raced to 2-0 lead only to be pegged back by an energetic Dulwich in the second half. Mr Hudson I believe was substituted at half time (possibly for tactical reasons), and the cost of entry was of a level with other games in the round.

To add to "Paul's" description of the game summarised by Spider above, I think that Hudson may have got a knock in the first half meaning his half time substitution.

Very enjoyable game the undoubted highlight of which was Hendon player getting fouled and proceeding to somersault as he fell to the ground 'in agony' and then roll over about eight times to hoots of derision from around the ground including his own bench. Needless to say he got back to his feet remarkably quickly!!!

Very enjoyable game

So I was right, you were there last night, and I thought you said I couldn't read you like a book!