Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The FA Cup

Horace - That's a very interesting reply seeing how nobody has been to visit Lee from the Club as yet, or write to him for that matter, and I don't expect that they are even aware he has changed prisons recently, he is extremely disappointed by this having won the Championship for them last season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - You're up early this morning, I thought you were a man of leisure particularly now you don't have Hertford Town to worry about. I would have thought that Alfreton Town v Ilkeston Town was close to being the match of the round for you too as both teams are from your old stomping ground aren't they, I also like the look of Wroxham v Kings Lynn which is all ticket.

Alfreton and Ilkeston were deadly rivals of my home town team Heanor Town back in the 60's/70's when I lived there. A 2 leg Derbyshire Senior Cup final between Heanor and Ilkeston (3 miles apart) drew crowds of over 4,000 to each game!

Horace - That was the sort of informative reply I was hoping for originally and not a silly comment about Lee Scott, thanks.

Sorry to stray from the thread topic but Rhodes comment about Lee Scott winning the league for KTFC was ignorant. To win anything takes a massive effort during the whole competition, League or Cup, over a long period of time from players and staff. No one man wins anything in football. Makes a big contribution yes, but wins it, no.

As good as Lee may be, when he played as part of the KT team that beat us he didn't score, had a quiet game and told the manager he was a ****. He didn't win anything that day apart from a bit of respect from our centre-backs who said he was aggressive without overstepping the mark, and they had a bit of a chat with him while our keeper was picking the ball out of the net, six times.

It's nice to see Sutton United's name up in lights again, their name will always be associated with the World's greatest competition. Do we know why Havant & Waterlooville have to come in at the 3rd Qualifying Round stage after their exploits last season.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

Chelsea and Man Utd may as well start at the Semi Final stage each season

Greg Dyke - Actually they may as well as they always get there, it's not like the good old days when you could always rely on United losing at a Bournemouth and Chelsea losing at a Orient.

Evesham United v Chasetown
Havant & Waterlooville v Godalming Town
Belper Town v Prescot Cables
Guiseley AFC v Sheffield
Buxton v Blyth Spartans AFC
Curzon Ashton v Mossley AFC
Retford United v Newcastle Benfield
Droylsden v Gateshead
Eastwood Town v Harrogate Town
Alfreton Town v Ilkeston Town
Stalybridge Celtic v Durham City
Fleetwood Town v Frickley Athletic
Whitley Bay v Nantwich Town
Southport v Boston United
AFC Hornchurch v Merstham
Boreham Wood v Brackley Town
Hendon v AFC Telford United (at Wembley FC)
Hitchin Town v Hinckley United
Kingstonian v Hayes & Yeading United
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Whyteleafe
Tamworth v East Thurrock United
Wroxham v Kings Lynn
Leiston v Coalville Town
Dover Athletic v AFC Wimbledon
Halesowen Town v Maidstone United
Bishop's Stortford v Rugby Town
Harlow Town v Crowborough Athletic
Bury Town v Worthing
Atherstone Town v Chipstead
Ware v Sutton United
Horsham v Paulton Rovers
Basingstoke Town v Bashley
Oxford City v Chesham United
AFC Totton v Fleet Town
Ashford Town (Middx) v Chippenham Town
Frome Town v Team Bath
Burgess Hill Town v Eastleigh
Dorchester Town v Gosport Borough
Bath City v Aylesbury United
Newcastle Blue Star v Hucknall Town (Sunday)

The Doog is King - Why not get into the spirit of things, what is your FA Cup tie of the third qualifying round this weekend.

How come nobody has posted this afternoon's FA Cup results:

FA Cup Third Round Qualifying

Belper Town 4 - 1 Prescot Cables

Guiseley 3 - 3 Sheffield

Buxton 0 - 1 Blyth Spartans AFC

Curzon Ashton 4 - 3 Mossley

Retford United 1 - 0 Newcastle Benfield

Droylsden 3 - 2 Gateshead

Eastwood Town 2 - 2 Harrogate Town

Alfreton Town 0 - 0 Ilkeston Town

Stalybridge Celtic 1 - 6 Durham City

Fleetwood Town 2 - 0 Frickley Athletic

Whitley Bay 1 - 5 Nantwich Town

Southport 0 - 2 Boston United

AFC Hornchurch 2 - 0 Merstham

Boreham Wood 0 - 1 Brackley Town

Hendon 1 - 2 AFC Telford United

Hitchin Town 1 - 2 Hinckley United

Kingstonian 1 - 3 Hayes & Yeading United

Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 - 0 Whyteleafe

Tamworth 3 - 1 East Thurrock United

Wroxham 0 - 2 Kings Lynn

Leiston 1 - 0 Coalville Town

Dover Athletic 0 - 0 AFC Wimbledon

Halesowen Town 1 - 4 Maidstone United

Bishop's Stortford 2 - 1 Rugby Town

Harlow Town 1 - 1 Crowborough Athletic

Bury Town 1 - 0 Worthing

Atherstone Town 1 - 1 Chipstead

Ware 1 - 2 Sutton United

Horsham 2 - 1 Paulton Rovers

Basingstoke Town 2 - 2 Bashley

Oxford City 2 - 1 Chesham United

AFC Totton 5 - 2 Fleet Town

Ashford Town (Middx) 1 - 0 Chippenham Town

Frome Town 2 - 2 Team Bath

Burgess Hill Town 2 - 1 Eastleigh

Dorchester Town 1 - 0 Gosport Borough

Bath City 0 - 1 Aylesbury United

Havant & Waterlooville 2 - 1 Godalming Town

Evesham United 2 - 0 Chasetown

I guess they may not have been posted on this forum as there are no SSML clubs left in the competition but still nice to see them here to peruse. Great result for Aylesbury United.

Chasetown going out is a surprise as is Ware.

Of the teams left it would be nice to see Bishops Stortford, Blyth Spartans, Hampton & Richmond, Harlow Town & Hornchurch progess through to the 1st Round proper.

Syd Lexic - Yes I hope that Hornchurch draw a Leiston or a Burgess Hill Town at home on Monday lunchtime rather than a Ebbsfleet, a Stevenage Borough or a Crawley Town away as following our visit there yesterday I don't think I've ever seen a more hospitable Club, Uncle Urchin did everything but wipe our backsides for us didn't he.

Syd Lexic - Yes I hope that Hornchurch draw a Leiston or a Burgess Hill Town at home on Monday lunchtime rather than a Ebbsfleet, a Stevenage Borough or a Crawley Town away as following our visit there yesterday I don't think I've ever seen a more hospitable Club, Uncle Urchin did everything but wipe our backsides for us didn't he.

Yes it was a great day, good weather, good company & the right result.
Had Unc offered to wipe my bum I would kindly declined though !!!

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Chasetown going out is a surprise as is Ware.
Of the teams left it would be nice to see Bishops Stortford, Blyth Spartans, Hampton & Richmond, Harlow Town & Hornchurch progess through to the 1st Round proper.

A surprise? Really? The difference between Rym Prem and Div 1 is something you would acknowledge surely?.

Ware (7th Div 1) have beaten Leyton (8th), Maldon (10th), Northwood (11th), Thamesmead (15th), Ilford (19th) and Witham (rock bottom of the division). Hardly sparkling stuff. Add losses at mini crisis club Enfield Town (14th) and Tilbury (12th) and I don't think it smacked as a massive surprise to many that they went down to a 12th placed Premier club. Indeed Wares best result of the season so far is arguably a draw at Aveley!

Never really liked Hampton & Richmond. Nightmare to get to for an evening match, the Beaver running about the place is fun enough but the stewards that tell visiting fans to be quiet, confiscate air horns and mouth blown horns and ask you not to sing songs as the older regulars like a bit of peace and quiet is all too much frankly grin