Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Willis

townerboy

Yep it was as bad as it reads i'm afraid, but he is human afterall just as the excellent Rudi Hall is, who gave the ball away cheaply and led to Cheshunts second equiliser, what do we do , slaughter him too, course not.

Willis took about 8-9 crosses cleanly and punched away at least 3 others and saved 2 one-one situations, so apart from one poor mistake he was a worthy performer who is more than worth his position.

Bearing in mind the percentage of action he has to endure from our inept defence I think he comes out of it quite well, if he just had a few bits to deal with and made mistakes it would be different.

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
are you his dad/agent?

LOLx10. No and from your opinion i'd starve if I was his agent. Football can not be judged over a handful of games in an extreme 'Ken Bates' like manner. What Willis needs is a defence that will not leave him so exposed again and again game after game.

We did'nt let any less goals in when the other keeper was playing.

I like Willis I think he shows some good Technique, better than the keepers we have had previously, although I agree JJ has been missed.

Lets sought out the back four and get someone to 'shoot' Rio, then we'll move further forward for this season

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Forget about dropping the ball..My biggest concern is that he didn't ever look like stopping any shots when one-on-one with a striker.

Enough is enough.Time to bring Chopper back.

I agree with some of the comments regarding the defence and have made my comments on other threads ie How can Campbell be played at centre half etc.

However, a good defence starts with a good keeper that the defenders are confident in.

I agree with the "bring back Chopper" comment.
Certainly against Tilbury last week he showed that he is still a very good keeper.

We all know Chops reads these forums - so let's start a "bring Chopper back" campaign.
7 day-er management team !!!!!

Originally Posted By: ForestGump
I dont think you want Andy Hall back, he a 55 yard grass-cutter go through his legs in the 85th minute today!

Chopper is a lovely humanbeing BUT history is history.

I felt against Tilbury ol Brucie shaded it over Chops for good game. Chopper gave us a twirl for a long time so we know his strengths and weaknesses. All keepers at this level have them. I prefer Brucie for now.

AD Agree whole heartedly. Many people seem to have forgotten Chopper's last days at the club when his form dipped badly. I also think that Chopper is a lovely fella but as a goalie we had his best days.

I was not at Cheshunt so did not see Willis' error. So I have yet to see him have a bad game. And, lets face it, we dont have much back up in this position.