Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Heybridge Swifts

Lord Horn

Anyone give me any info on the Swifts? They are playing Wroxham in the FA Cup on Saturday and due to Wroxham having booked their clubhouse out for a wedding reception (yes, really), the game has been switched to Norwich United's ground which is about 10 minutes walk from my house. Thinking about going along to cheer on Wroxham with the hope that they battle their way through the next 2 rounds and draw The Fleet at home in the 4th Qualifying Round. Hopefully this would then be switched to Norwich United's ground again so that I would have a ten minute walk to watch the Fleet play! Just like living in Swanscombe!

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Anyone give me any info on the Swifts?

swifts play in the ryman premier (currently bottom) and are a young pacy outfit who should be too strong for your local mob but by the same token short on confidence I would think and susceptible to a cup ambush...just changed managers and a fair bit of coming and going taking place...

Thanks for all the info chaps. Thanks for the details UU - I realise that Heybridge are two levels higher in the 'pyramid' than Wroxham. I also found that the Heybridge website has some wonderful pics of their match against the mighty Urchins! Wroxham have at least three ex-Norwich players including Danny Bloomfield, Alex Notman and Matthew Halliday so it will be interesting to see how they perform. Still dreaming that end of October will see the likes of Paul, Kev and Kenny in my local boozer....but, there again...

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Hopefully this would then be switched to Norwich United's ground again so that I would have a ten minute walk to watch the Fleet play!

I'm just booking the wedding reception now.....

Congratulations Paul - I'm sure that you and Sarah Jane will be very happy together!

boxing

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Nice Scout Campsite just outside Wroxham, people very friendly and helpful..................I seem to remember!

I didn't think you were the camp sort Les!

laugh

It's the scouts he's interested in....

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Nice Scout Campsite just outside Wroxham, people very friendly and helpful..................I seem to remember!

I didn't think you were the camp sort Les!

laugh

It's the scouts he's interested in....

Well......The Girl Guides(Scouts) turned me down! bigcry

What an excellent afternoon - watched Wroxham come from behind at half-time to beat Heybridge 2-1 in brilliant sunshine (with a good bar). Interestingly stood with the Wroxham WAGS, whilst receiving updates from Yorkfox on the Fleet's progress at Barrow...and in the meantime Scotland's no. 1 saves a penalty at Oakwell to give Norwich a point. All in all a quite rewarding footballing afternoon.