Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club statement taken from official website

lovely stuff

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I have mentioned this before but I'll say it again.

The Brimmo site ground is only good enough for the Brimmo level of football.

I will offend many now by saying Brimmo is the back end of Enfield, in the corner out the way that only serves those 100metres radius to the grounds.

The place has served ETFC well to establish ourselves and make a name and build a club that includes multiple teams of both sexes and all ages and still growing.

We need our own home in a location that matches the ground work to date and the future.

If 1893 were to get into Brimmo they'll be nothing more than a Ryman 1 north club as thats the potential of that site. Sorry I dont mean to wind up but as I'm deeply involved in football in my own capacity as a local coach and it's just my opinion.
You people are the pits .

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Hold on a minute OT, 1893 can't get into Brimmo without our say-so anyway, remember>
Says who ?

The Goldsdown Holdings Lease from the Council. You really ought to get a copy!
So you mean to tell me that your going to maintain two leese's or do you expect another few years of free tenancy . You lot have more cheek than a school of puffer fish JUST GO !

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
.... Also removing Stands etc seems highly unlikely.

Really? I thought the idea was that we could take them with us when we got a new stadium, not the cowshed on the far side but the sponsored seated area & the stand behind the goal certainly, they will definatly be useful at the QE.

We have been told in the past that the stands will go with us when and if we move out of Brimmo. Part of the 'Sponsor a Seat' campaign highlighted this fact.

Do we really know what the stadium will look like and the costs involved, especially stands and floodlights?

Originally Posted By: The Horse'sMouth
As a exile. I find it very hard to comment. But after watching developments I basically think that 1893 can now get stuffed.

I for one have always felt ETFC was a means to an end and that was EFC playing in Enfield again outside the control of Lazarou. Laz is now gone and we have offered the olive branch to EFC 1893 on numerous occasions and been rejected. Enough is enough.

Let them stay put with zero support in Ware. When they have no money left and come begging at our door, we should tell them to join MFM and his umbrella on the planet Mars.

I sympothise totally with your comments and its hard to argue with you otherwise.

However, I like to think we can be bigger and better with our offer of friendships, afterall, 1893 are also ex EFC but on a vastly smaller scale.

I for the life of me (again I dont mean to offend) can not see how they will prosper higher than Ryman North 1 and thats if they get out of the ESL. They have no home, small numbers of supporters and play approx 8-10 miles from Enfield. Its also a lot of work for small returns.

The only thing I can presume is that somebody is making a few bob out of 1893 and wants to continue doing so. I dont know that for a fact, it's just an outside inckling I have.

As for Town, once the stadium kicks off I forecast our attendences will at least double at Ryman North level in my view and will increase (in my view again) to four figures if we become a Prem team.

However to achieve this we need our board to have all the loyal ground troups on hand and to maximise all the good associates and local contacts we have.

Roll on the official statement for the stadium.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Hold on a minute OT, 1893 can't get into Brimmo without our say-so anyway, remember>
Says who ?

The Goldsdown Holdings Lease from the Council. You really ought to get a copy!
So you mean to tell me that your going to maintain two leese's or do you expect another few years of free tenancy . You lot have more cheek than a school of puffer fish JUST GO !

If, and it's a big if, Town do not continue to provide the Benefit in Kind by maintaining the Goldsdown Road pitch for the benefit of both clubs, then it would seem appropriate to revisit the rental position. A hiring fee arrangement may be more appropriate, however, as it would reflect the actual usage by both clubs and the costs attributed to maintaining the pitch for both clubs. Brimsdown would be paying too, at that point.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Originally Posted By: The Horse'sMouth
As a exile. I find it very hard to comment. But after watching developments I basically think that 1893 can now get stuffed.

I for one have always felt ETFC was a means to an end and that was EFC playing in Enfield again outside the control of Lazarou. Laz is now gone and we have offered the olive branch to EFC 1893 on numerous occasions and been rejected. Enough is enough.

Let them stay put with zero support in Ware. When they have no money left and come begging at our door, we should tell them to join MFM and his umbrella on the planet Mars.

I sympothise totally with your comments and its hard to argue with you otherwise.

However, I like to think we can be bigger and better with our offer of friendships, afterall, 1893 are also ex EFC but on a vastly smaller scale.

I for the life of me (again I dont mean to offend) can not see how they will prosper higher than Ryman North 1 and thats if they get out of the ESL. They have no home, small numbers of supporters and play approx 8-10 miles from Enfield. Its also a lot of work for small returns.

The only thing I can presume is that somebody is making a few bob out of 1893 and wants to continue doing so. I dont know that for a fact, it's just an outside inckling I have.

As for Town, once the stadium kicks off I forecast our attendences will at least double at Ryman North level in my view and will increase (in my view again) to four figures if we become a Prem team.

However to achieve this we need our board to have all the loyal ground troups on hand and to maximise all the good associates and local contacts we have.

Roll on the official statement for the stadium.

Hopefully, all supporters of 1893 recognise that they are welcome at ETFC at any time. Their Board's decision is irrelevant in that regard.

Brimsdown rover = made my day. Smile all across my face. i hope we take all of the stands, all of the ground etc that you wouldn't have had unless we had moved in with you, and you can go back to the pitch marked out on the playing field.

Fella's, little snipes at our local cousins is a negative piece of action. I'll continue saying If we get our stadium, cos its still not a done thing till it is done, then I would wish Brim Rovers and 1893 the best of luck in the future and hope all their aspirations are met.

As a Towner I'll be looking how we can now move on and up and what I can do for my club to achieve our goals and aspirations.

My recollection is that 2 of the 3 sections of seating stands (why are they called stands when they have seats?) belong to ETFC and it was always intended that they come with us if and when we move. I assume that is part of the reason that demountable stands were purchased. I believe that the 3rd section is owned by Brimsdown.

I am not sure about the terrace stand.

As we have a joint 30 year lease at Brimsdown, I can't see how anyone can simply 'move in' willy nilly. Unless there is a covenant of some sort, which is quite likely, we could sell the lease, possibly, but I can't see us being dim enough to accommodate a business rival.

Originally Posted By: fickle yid towner
I will offend many now by saying Brimmo is the back end of Enfield, in the corner out the way that only serves those 100metres radius to the grounds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
whoever said that is totally clueless and should stay quiet forever.

Whatever happened to freedom of speach?