Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club statement taken from official website

lovely stuff

'The club is approaching an important period in its short history and I want to keep supporters informed of developments as they happen so will be posting updates on a regular basis. As you will have noticed the Council are putting recommendations to a meeting on 8th October concerning the future of QE Stadium. Once it was known Southbury Stadium would disappear we have sought a new home for football in the borough and the most natural successor was the QE Stadium. So it has been 10 years of talking to councillors and MPs to get us to where we are now. During that time we have made substantial commitments to community activities and have shown we can run a successful senior football club, keeping it financially stable as it grows, and can work successfully with others notably in partnership with Brimsdown Sports & Social Club. I recognise many will have concerns about a move to QES

The statement says it all for me, the fact that we the supporters can also put ourselves up for election on the board as well is wonderful.

Well done the board of Directors for taking us this far, we now pray that your efforts and the supporters loyalties are fully rewarded with a new Stadium come the councils decision in early October.

Although not yet counting my chickens (as ciaren said) I just wish that the 1893 mob are'nt too proud to not also anticipate our good cause for excitement and have the guts to join us as a United club that can look forward and upwards and bury the past as one long 'London Borough of Lazarou' nightmare.

IF.

IF is a very BIG word.

IF Town get the nod for the QE Stadium, there must be a VERY VERY Strong possibility ( if not damm certainty ) that 1893 will be "in Brimo" before we have had time to pump our balls up !!

1893 have their own agenda and that clearly does not involve Town including a United format.

I have mentioned this before but I'll say it again.

The Brimmo site ground is only good enough for the Brimmo level of football.

I will offend many now by saying Brimmo is the back end of Enfield, in the corner out the way that only serves those 100metres radius to the grounds.

The place has served ETFC well to establish ourselves and make a name and build a club that includes multiple teams of both sexes and all ages and still growing.

We need our own home in a location that matches the ground work to date and the future.

If 1893 were to get into Brimmo they'll be nothing more than a Ryman 1 north club as thats the potential of that site. Sorry I dont mean to wind up but as I'm deeply involved in football in my own capacity as a local coach and it's just my opinion.

Gentlemen . Steve Whittington has asked me to tell you that the EFC1893 board have a meeting on Tuesday night with the supporters committee and others before the Hullbridge game , We havn't had a chance to get together with everybody on this as yet please be patient and you will be advised in due course.

Two things. Firstly, I didn't see any mention of 1983 being mentioned in the LBE press release thingy, nor did I see any reference to us having to merge with them to enable the move to take place? Secondly, don't FA rules still say that in the event of merger the newly formed club starts at whichever the lowest division of the two clubs involved is? If that is the case, assuming both clubs remain in their present divisions, a 'merger' is definitely not an option.

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
Two things. Firstly, I didn't see any mention of 1983 being mentioned in the LBE press release thingy, nor did I see any reference to us having to merge with them to enable the move to take place? Secondly, don't FA rules still say that in the event of merger the newly formed club starts at whichever the lowest division of the two clubs involved is? If that is the case, assuming both clubs remain in their present divisions, a 'merger' is definitely not an option.

Okay,
So a way forward.

We, ( both Clubs ) agree a "merger" to One Club.

Town fight off relegation and stay in Div N.
Town loan some players to 1893 ( if they are better than they already have ( don't know ) and 1893 WIN promotion to Div N

Both teams now in Div N - Merge.

Job Done.

Play at Brimo until new Home for "Enfield United" is ready.

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant

Dunno what your implying here.

Whether 1893 are mentioned or not they are from the same phoetus therefore the aims of both sets of supporters is to eventually put the past behind them and move forward and upwards and live in the same house again.

There will be some tinkering neccessary ( i'd be amazed otherwise) if a merge should happen, but hey, let the tinkers tinker and the supporters support.

Originally Posted By: TopGun
Gentlemen . Steve Whittington has asked me to tell you that the EFC1893 board have a meeting on Tuesday night with the supporters committee and others before the Hullbridge game , We havn't had a chance to get together with everybody on this as yet please be patient and you will be advised in due course.

Best news Ive heard for ages, If anything at all comes out of this move then this will be the best most welcome news of all.

'Our board did meet him and his committee and effectively offered co chairmanship and places on the board with a view to having a new Enfield FC in place.'

Sorry, but what happened to ETFC and, 'our' constitution does not allow for board places to be 'offered' to people unless they have been voted on? Can this be clarified?

If a merger of some sort happens, then it happens. However, can we at least know how the new organisation would be constituted? Maybe it's a bit too early to think about such things?

Sensible posting from OT.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United

Dunno what your implying here.

Whether 1893 are mentioned or not they are from the same phoetus therefore the aims of both sets of supporters is to eventually put the past behind them and move forward and upwards and live in the same house again.

There will be some tinkering neccessary ( i'd be amazed otherwise) if a merge should happen, but hey, let the tinkers tinker and the supporters support.

I'm not implying anything. What I am saying is that if our move to the QE2 is not conditional on us merging, why should we? If we have tenure at the new ground, what is the benefit to us to merge? 1983 would only join with us very reluctantly, and then only if there is something in it for them. Remember overtures have been made before by ETFC, and rebuffed. I remember only too well the Sunday/Park football jibes when we first started, and the 'we are the real EFC even though that club folded and we are based in Ware' comments.

Many people see this as a cure all fix, but ask yourself one thing, if 1983 had been included in these plans for the QE2 Stadium instead of ETFC, would they now be offering to merge with us, saying it is for the greater good and all is forgotten, or crowing from the highest rooftop about the 'Real Enfield' coming home?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
'Our board did meet him and his committee and effectively offered co chairmanship and places on the board with a view to having a new Enfield FC in place.'

Sorry, but what happened to ETFC and, 'our' constitution does not allow for board places to be 'offered' to people unless they have been voted on? Can this be clarified?

If a merger of some sort happens, then it happens. However, can we at least know how the new organisation would be constituted? Maybe it's a bit too early to think about such things?

Sensible posting from OT.

For almost the first time ever I agree with Andy. Board and co-chair positions are certainly not something that can just be offered to someone. ETFC was set up as a fans club, and any positions like these must be voted on by the members, otherwise the club may as well just be sold to the highest bidder who can the assume total control.