Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club statement taken from official website

lovely stuff

Like i've said the past is the past and should a merge happen then i'm all for a touch of tinkering to make things work i.e welcome 1893 members on the board, co-chaimanship, but I think you'll find that after 2-3 years everyone will have to stand for a supporters democratic election.

It's only natural for past comments to be brought up and thrown into faces, cos the comments probably offended. But thats history in my books.

No i'm sure 1893 would not have offered us a place or as much a say should the roles be reversed and as we presume they will be. But that should be taken as a compliment from the council, who are 'forcing' a potential merger as it is a more stable scenario and would only realistically happen this way round.

Lets not bring up the past cos clocks can not be turned back, lets plan for a future, that message goes to all those 1893'ers who may read this.

Not here to rake up the past but just to make the point that there are articles and memorandum in place which, at the moment, do not allow for places on the board to be 'given' out.

We are currently going through a democratic system whereby 4 board members are up for election and members have the ability to stand for election. Why bother if we could just 'give' places away?

Mind you, people can always be co-opted onto the board.

It's good to know I have a new friend in PV. Mind you, it may not last that too long!!!

Maybe co-opted places were what was meant. But if it meant a 'united' Enfield club I would gladly vote for some 1893 directors to join the board. Cerainly some harsh wrods have been said by some in the past, on both sides, but only through passion for the club - whichever one it may be - and bygones can be bygones. With our common enemy gone I see no neeed for further conflict.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
IF.
IF is a very BIG word.
IF Town get the nod for the QE Stadium, there must be a VERY VERY Strong possibility ( if not damm certainty ) that 1893 will be "in Brimo" before we have had time to pump our balls up !!

1893 have their own agenda and that clearly does not involve Town including a United format.

So, reading this weeks Gazzett,del Football....
Was my previous comment that wide of the mark ??

I wait to be proved wrong.

We need to be very careful 1893 do not start chatting to the Council about Brimo and "there need to return to the Borough"

Mark my words.
Do not trust 1893 or their Chairman / Board.

We need to be very careful 1893 do not start chatting to the Council about Brimo and "there need to return to the Borough"

If we were to leave Brimo then surely we'll be taking our property with us - principally I'm thinking of the Stand. As tenants could we not then insist on an extortionately/pretty high rent were we to sub-let to 1893?

Or perhaps we could hang onto Brimo and let the Reserves play there?

IF.
IF is a very BIG word.
IF Town get the nod for the QE Stadium, there must be a VERY VERY Strong possibility ( if not damm certainty ) that 1893 will be "in Brimo" before we have had time to pump our balls up !!

1893 have their own agenda and that clearly does not involve Town including a United format.

So, reading this weeks Gazzett,del Football....
Was my previous comment that wide of the mark ??

I wait to be proved wrong.

Mark my words.
Do not trust 1893 or their Chairman / Board. [/quot

Correct me if I am wrong, but IF we do move to Donkey Lane I thought the plan was that our Ladies, Reserves & Youth Teams still play at Brimmo. We would not have formed Goldsdown Sports & taken out a new 30 year lease with Enfield Council if we where to move out Lock Stock & Barrel would we?

Moving to Donkey Lane does not mean that we have to sever all ties with Brimmo. Also removing Stands etc seems highly unlikely.

Anyway that's my two bob's worth. Roger, Over & Out..............................

As a exile. I find it very hard to comment. But after watching developments I basically think that 1893 can now get stuffed.

I for one have always felt ETFC was a means to an end and that was EFC playing in Enfield again outside the control of Lazarou. Laz is now gone and we have offered the olive branch to EFC 1893 on numerous occasions and been rejected. Enough is enough.

Let them stay put with zero support in Ware. When they have no money left and come begging at our door, we should tell them to join MFM and his umbrella on the planet Mars.

Originally Posted By: The Horse'sMouth
As a exile. I find it very hard to comment. But after watching developments I basically think that 1893 can now get stuffed.

I for one have always felt ETFC was a means to an end and that was EFC playing in Enfield again outside the control of Lazarou. Laz is now gone and we have offered the olive branch to EFC 1893 on numerous occasions and been rejected. Enough is enough.

Let them stay put with zero support in Ware. When they have no money left and come begging at our door, we should tell them to join MFM and his umbrella on the planet Mars.
Looks to me like they told you lot to get stuffed , Who can blame them . You people are not liked at brimo and most want you out lock stock and Barrell . How about you lot giving the brimo members a date of departure so we can have something to look forward to , Perhaps organize a street party . As for reserves and ladies remaining then they pay rent , Just do us a favour and GO .