Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase Draw

Krooner

Frimley Green v VCD Athletic

Croydon v Camberley Town

Dereham Town v Molesey

Tough draws for all 3 but you cannot expect anything less at this stage. Good Luck to all 3 though

I was dreading getting someone from the Eastern Counties league as they are very good sides generally. Must admit that I was just hoping for a home draw and not fussed about the opposition. Just a pain to have to goscout them that far away. I guess I could always follow my last 2 rounds philosophy and not do any preperation.

Like he said tough draw, tough trip - Dereham is about 1/2 way twixt Kings Lynn & Naaarwich - so your looking at about a 3hr trip.

Currently on the coat tails of Lowestoft in the ECL above a small gaggle of clubs vying for 2nd spot. Can't see Lowestoft being caught though - interestingly this years 'minnows' in the 'big' Cup (Leiston) are currently 5th - 5 points behind Dereham with SEVEN games in hand!

In their two Vase games so far Dereham have beaten Newmarket (ECL Div One) & Kirkley & Pakefield (ECL Prem).

Looks like they have plenty of goals in them 46 from 17 league games - some fellah Beaumont seems to get most of them (16)- pen portrait says he's only 18.

Another chap Howell ex-Naarwich academy has got 13 goals.

See their own website for more details:

Dereham Town FC

Good luck on the 6th - bit far for me to travel - may try harder to get to Frimley this round - would have gone this Sat. but my lad chose Malmesbury v Trowbridge! tongue

Don't know 'owt about VCD - near the bottom of the Kent league but in their 9 league games they've scored 11 and conceded 11 - so as (I think) TC said above, Frimley could be capable of progressing since they are home.

... having said that VCD seem to get better results away this season.

VCD Athletic

Won't be following Camberley this round either - I've been to Croydon - saw them vs the Chicks in a Ryman league One game a few years ago - tedious game between two awful sides sleep - if I remember correctly all the action in the last few minutes of the match - Croydon won 2-1 and I'm sure there were one or two missed pens in that time - horrible 'arena' type ground - spectators are miles from the action.

Although they're in our league, I can't offer much information on VCD Athletic, as I haven't actually managed to see them. They've finished 2nd in the Kent League for the last 2 seasons, and started off this season as favourites for the title.

However the Kent League this season has turned upside down this season with Holmesdale and Tunbridge Wells at the top, and VCD 2 from bottom!

To be fair VCD have got quite a few games in hand, and it is pretty close in the middle of the table (from 3rd to 15th), so they should be in the top 5 or 6 by the end of the year.

They've got much the same side as they have had for the last 2-3 years, so they're still a good outfit

Our (Croydon) league position isn't much better (3 from bottom), but again we've got games in hand as well. However with only 2 more league games scheduled over the next 6 weeks, that position is unlikely to change until the New Year. frown We're playing a bit better than a position of 3 from bottom would suggest, but we've had an unsettled season to say the least - onto our 3rd manager already!

I can also Croydon still have a "horrible arena type" ground, and that we're still capable of missing penalties!

Just to add to this we went out to Croydon in the Vase and they were not a great side so I think Camberley will beat them.I think we gave away 2 penalties and the game was tight all the way through till the last 5 mins. Good luck to all taking part.

If Croydon are going to join, why does some-one need to move across. The 1st division could take two down!

3 down from Prem Knapmeister if there are 3 clubs able to come up. You know clubs with floodlights wink

If that happens do you really think clubs will vote for 4 down. We only finally got Badshot Lea cos Reading agreed to switch.

There's always debate each year about whether Croydon will be joining the Combined Counties League. But basicially its down to the FA. And with the Kent League struggling for numbers, I can't honestly see it happening.

From a personal perspective, I would certainly like to see us join the CoCo, as it means I could probably get to a lot more games!

Krooner,

Don't you worry about those pesky floodlights!