Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your Police

barrowboy

Don't mean to keep going on about this but regarding the weekends match with Barrow a bit more info has come to light regarding Saturdays match.

The main issue we have is why your police said that there had been trouble in our previous 2 away games and that if you didn't segregate they would turn up and bill you accordingly.

Firstly we never had any incidents in our previous 2 away games at Tamworth & Eastbourne to think what would make the police say the things they did? It seems they are hiding behind the Intelligence line as an excuse as both our safety officer and Police Liaison Officer both said that they didn't anticipate problems and as such Ebbsfleet wouldn't need to segregate on Saturday.

Were your police using it as an excuse to try and get some cash out of you?

If they have some information about us that would make them react the way they did we'd like to see it?

As you'll be able to see on our forum on a couple of the topics a few aren't happy with the reaction from your police assuming that Digitalis post was as posted on the "Did this happen" topic is word perfect (we have no reason to doubt it).

Have your club and the police had a fall-out? Might be an idea to ask for the intelligence reports next time?

It would be very hard to obtain police information , no matter what part of the country you come from.

Besides at your ground back in September it was rumoured that a Cambridge Unired Fan's drum was wrecked .....not very intellegent that.

Forget it mate, enjoy the rest of your season and hope to see you again next season.

Originally Posted By: barrowboy
Don't mean to keep going on about this but regarding the weekends match with Barrow a bit more info has come to light regarding Saturdays match.

The main issue we have is why your police said that there had been trouble in our previous 2 away games and that if you didn't segregate they would turn up and bill you accordingly.
Firstly we never had any incidents in our previous 2 away games at Tamworth & Eastbourne to think what would make the police say the things they did? It seems they are hiding behind the Intelligence line as an excuse as both our safety officer and Police Liaison Officer both said that they didn't anticipate problems and as such Ebbsfleet wouldn't need to segregate on Saturday.

If they have some information about us that would make them react the way they did we'd like to see it?

As you'll be able to see on our forum on a couple of the topics a few aren't happy with the reaction from your police assuming that Digitalis post was as posted on the "Did this happen" topic is word perfect (we have no reason to doubt it).

Have your club and the police had a fall-out? Might be an idea to ask for the intelligence reports next time?

The Club did for the Aldershot game..............Cleared the faithful out of their usual places to accomodate the Thousands of Aldershot fans, the Police said were going to attend..............In the end only a couple of hundred(not sure of the exact numbers) turned up!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: barrowboy

The Club did for the Aldershot game..............Cleared the faithful out of their usual places to accomodate the Thousands of Aldershot fans, the Police said were going to attend..............In the end only a couple of hundred(not sure of the exact numbers) turned up!

Don't forget moving the kick off time for the Trophy semi final to 12 o'clock to avoid trouble.

Originally Posted By: Our Team
It would be very hard to obtain police information , no matter what part of the country you come from.
Besides at your ground back in September it was rumoured that a Cambridge Unired Fan's drum was wrecked .....not very intellegent that.
Forget it mate, enjoy the rest of your season and hope to see you again next season.

The incident regarding a drum being kicked (not wrecked) was when we played Cambridge City in an FA Trophy tie and happened quite a few years ago, not this season.
The reason I raised it is that I don't want our supporters to be given a bad reputation when we don't deserve it. FYI this isn't the first time this season the police have got their info about us mis-represented and if a mistake has been made I'd like it corrected.
There is also an issue for your own club here in that they would have had to fork out to pay for police to turn up if they hadn't segregated (simply on the police say-so). They were told it wasn't even needed and I'm sure you or any of your fans don't want to pay more for un-necessary police and segregation measures?

All the best for the rest of the season.

The Plough were also warned to expect trouble (presumably by the police) and so we were served our drinks in plastic cups until they realised we were no threat and then reverted to proper glasses. I couldn't even get any glasses for two cokes and just given two cans. I then had to ask for straws as I didn't want to drink straight from the can. I keep looking in the mirror to see why my old female face gives out the message I am a soccer hooligan. Makes you wonder exactly who compiles these police reports and why they can't be accountable for the information they contain as the consequences spoil what should be a good day out supporting the team you love.

I shouldn't imagine you popped over from the States to watch that match but, as I remember it, the number of Aldershot fans definitely warranted more terracing. This is especially true when one considers that the capacity of the Swanscombe End is actually quite low owing to a lack of sturdy, extended crush barriers. It would have been worse to have over-filled the capacity, or to have turned away Aldershot fans owing to a lack of space, or to have extended their segregated area on the arrival of their fans.

The police have to act on information given the accuracy is irrelevant really.

Forwarned is Forearmed.

So the Barrow fans feel hard done by?

I'm sure were not as bad as these greedy clubs in the Conference who deem it fit to penalise the true supporters of any club (those of us who travel the lengths a breadth of the country) to support our heros.

AKA Oxford Rushden Stevenage etc who CHARGE more to AWAY supporters to get in . That deserves a "watchdog" investigation!

Originally Posted By: Bernard

I shouldn't imagine you popped over from the States to watch that match but, as I remember it, the number of Aldershot fans definitely warranted more terracing. This is especially true when one considers that the capacity of the Swanscombe End is actually quite low owing to a lack of sturdy, extended crush barriers. It would have been worse to have over-filled the capacity, or to have turned away Aldershot fans owing to a lack of space, or to have extended their segregated area on the arrival of their fans.

You didn't see me Bernard? I should have came over abd thumbed my nose at you! doah

The way these things work as far as intel for football, is as follows. Kent Constab would have contacted the football liason officer who covers the Barrow area, so I presume it would be Cumbria Constabulary, most probaly the same officer would cover Carlisle FC as well. Kent would act on the intel provided by Cumbria Const,and not from recent reports from previous clubs Barrow have played.Kent would tell the club to segergate or risk Policing costs for all other games for the rest of the season.It is only the very rich or stupid club that ignores the Police assesment.Barrow must look to Cumbria for the original assesment of potential trouble not Kent Constab.

Barrow's Police Liaison Officer was contacted by Kent Police about us travelling to the match (as was our Safety Officer) and both said we wouldn't need to be segregated and weren't expecting problems. Our Police Liaison guy actually posted this on our forum (goes by name of goodcopbadcop). It was Kent Police who came out with the line of intelligence said we caused trouble at previous away matches which is what we aren't happy about.

Other than the female fans getting access to the toilets and a few questionable stewards, virtually everything else was ok. We thought you segregated as a matter of course not because of being given dodgy info so when we were segregated it wasn't that unexpected. Just think your police need to be questioned about the way they use the 'intelligence' line and stop telling porkies. Hope we don't encounter Kent Police slagging us off again mad

Anyhow everything is good up here now, after our FA Cup win tonight. yay

All Police Forces have a 'Football Surveillance Unit' that liase with each other.

Every club has, (or should have), a Safety Officer.

One of his/her main jobs is to liase with the local Police.

At the end of the day, your Club must be guided by what the Police ask for/demand.

Your Club's Safety Officer SHOULD be easily contactable by club members over these issues.

I've just met with our Safety Officer. My comment on the last thread about problems at the "last two matches" was an error. I should have said "two previous matches".

Apparently there were problems with Barrow away matches at York and Northwich. Our Safety Officer was given this information by the Barrow Safety Officer and the Kent Police. That is why Kent Police insisted on the match being segregated. I didn't like it at the time but I didn't like the alternative either.

I hope the Barrow fans will realise we do take their complaints seriously. Sorry for the problems and I'll do everything I can to ensure they aren't repeated next season, if we meet again!

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
I've just met with our Safety Officer. My comment on the last thread about problems at the "last two matches" was an error. I should have said "two previous matches".

Apparently there were problems with Barrow away matches at York and Northwich. Our Safety Officer was given this information by the Barrow Safety Officer and the Kent Police. That is why Kent Police insisted on the match being segregated. I didn't like it at the time but I didn't like the alternative either.

I hope the Barrow fans will realise we do take their complaints seriously. Sorry for the problems and I'll do everything I can to ensure they aren't repeated next season, if we meet again!

Thanks for the responses from Digitalis.
Been away this week and can only comment now but I wasn't aware of any problems at York. At Northwich a steward overheard a fan joking they'd go on the pitch and on that basis called out half of the Cheshire Constabulary with riot gear, police with tasers and police with dogs (total of 2 riot vans and 18 police cars) yet there was no inclination of trouble in the ground and there wasn't any either.
I will speak with our own Police Liaison Officer about this but I wasn't aware of any problems from Barrow fans at either York or Northwich.