Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's getting better - slowly.

Playing the ball on the ground, and passing to keep possession, a big improvement.

And Lance stunned Rico, Darius, Stacey and Sacha by actually throwing the ball out.

We looked a classier side for it, too.

I'm yet to be convinced that a 4-3-1-2 line up is our best option though, as we have 3 defensive battlers in the middle, no width and little creativity.

We simply must start with Murray or Hand or both.

There is little point in winning the midfield battle , then

not having the guile to lay on the 'killer' though pass beyond the defence.

What we got instead was lots of good inter-passing with a final lob up to Gash or Delicate who were up against a back 4 the size of American wrestlers.

We needed much more guile and subtlety than we saw today.

I personally think that the 4-3-1-2 formation doesn't work, i thought when george came on and stacey changed to the right flank the midfield had width and we should of attacked their left back a lot more in the second half. Their burly centre backs didn't stand a chance when we were knocking the ball to the feet of gash and moore we were proving to be more effective. Delicate looks a reasonable player needs to work on his match fitness a bit, but very similar to gash and chases a lot down. The bench worried me a bit today, a gk, a defender, 2 defensive midfielders and a left winger. Why no Ibe?

My preferred option, which bores everyone to death is 4-4-2 - with width on both flanks.

I like a holding playmaking defensive minded centre midfielder and another ball winner about 30 yards ahead.

Call it a diamond, or 4-1-3-2, but it does give more attacking options than we had today.

I personally thought we played for the draw, and got out of the game what we deserved.

Liam's subs worry me too.

No Ibe, Shakes or Bowes.

We all know Georges limitations, he will run and run, but we will rarely, if ever get an end product.

Plan B, as always, was too little, too late.

Subs need to have the ability to change the course of the game and be match winners.

I'm unsure whether George ever will be.

The tactics changed, and we looked better for it, but unless you are bringing on a better player than the one you replace, surely the tactics can be changed simply by moving the incumbants on the field.

Personally, the switch should have been Slatter for Gash. Slatter wide right, Long wide left, Barratt and Stone in the middle, Moore and Delicate up front.

I should be manager!!

No you shouldn't because personally i disagree, i think when george come on, he showed flair and that was what we were lacking, he may not always get the end product, but he will scare the hell out of defenders.

Although i will have to agree, the subs did worry me, Bowes should be given a chance, one that he hasn't had yet.

I also can't believe why ibe doesn't start, never mind make the bench, he starts scoring, and then we leave him out ?

Beats me ?

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
but unless you are bringing on a better player than the one you replace

Subs need to make an impact, yes, but rarely is any bench blessed with BETTER players than those in your starting XI.

As for Bowes, I'm pretty sure he's gone back. His month must be up, isn't it?

Originally Posted By: ebbsfleet is for life
wish we go back to the old school days 1-2-3-5
now that would be exciting loads and loads of goals trouble is in which net

Brian Clough said more than once....The more you have attacking, the more they have to put in defence...........But then again, what did he know? evil

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Brian Clough said more than once....The more you have attacking, the more they have to put in defence...........But then again, what did he know? evil

Ossie Ardiles tried that at Spurs a few years back and proved that there is a limit to the number of attackers you can play

And, in fairness, Bowes, having made three sub appearances, is a Fleet veteran compared to the mighty Cedric, whose tour of all Norfolk football clubs must be complete, meaning he's now moved onto Suffolk.