Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weymouth and other assorted messes.

Krooner

So it looks likely that Weymouth will be going bust and I am sure this will lead to AFC Weymouth being born between now and the new season. They will almost certainly be put at Step 4 of the pyramid.

Do other users of this forum think that it stinks that this is allowed. Plenty of clubs at our level behave themselves financially yet clubs that are run badly are allowed to go bust and drop into leagues still above Step 5. They should be forced to start agian at Step 6 at the best.

Could not agree more Kroons, the only reason they put them at the higher level is due to crowd size I think but saying that AFC womble's started in our league.

Seems an easy way out to clear your debts too !!!!!

i agree that they should start lower, take Farnborough and Canvey Island as further examples.

Granted AFC Wimbledon was a different situation, but I am sure that the CoCo clubs enjoyed the big crowds and it helps puyt more money back into grass roots

Maybe level 5 could but are we talking that level or lower. As we know from this forum Div 1 grounds are not all up to spec and the money they have they all seem to be of the opinion to spend on the pitch and not a stand / standing area. Then there is policing and local residents etc etc so I still think it is a valid point from youself and Tef.

A good thread, Kroons !

Senior first team players on strike coz they ain't been paid ? (It'd NEVER happen in the CCL, would it ?)

.... and just to make matters worse, the fraud-squad are conducting an investigation into the clubs financial dealings !

"Next case, Me Lud ??"

Originally Posted By: Alb Ee's
I agree, they should start at the lowest level of the pyramid, sadly the FA have set this level 4 safety net.

AFC W were an exception as they were a new club. There was a uproar of pious indignation though when they were not allowed to join the Rymans League at level 4.

From whom Alb? We applied to join Ryman 2 and got rejected, hence the application to the CCL. Both were effectively the same level anyway, as they both fed into Ryman One South at the time. Also, in hindsight the CCL was much the better league to have ended up in and I doubt you'll find a Dons fan that doesn't have great memories of those 2 years.

JJ that programe was called football matters, indeed it seemed like Weymouth were destined for league football. They could have been the next Yeovil. Owch can you imagine the bitchiness on this forum if it was around back in the afc wimbledon days!

Still look around most CCL grounds nowdays and most of the stands /new changing rooms are the result of a couple of bumper AFC attendances

Originally Posted By: TRS
I agree, they should start at the lowest level of the pyramid, sadly the FA have set this level 4 safety net.

AFC W were an exception as they were a new club. There was a uproar of pious indignation though when they were not allowed to join the Rymans League at level 4.

From whom Alb? We applied to join Ryman 2 and got rejected, hence the application to the CCL. Both were effectively the same level anyway, as they both fed into Ryman One South at the time. Also, in hindsight the CCL was much the better league to have ended up in and I doubt you'll find a Dons fan that doesn't have great memories of those 2 years.

Not from Kris or the other committee members at the time, but from certain Wimbledon fans who took exception to the Ryman clubs who vetoed the plan, and a lot of internet warriors were issuing silly threats to all concerned. At the time of the application the CCL was a feeder league to Rymans 2, although that did change the following season (AFCW's first).

With hindsight, I'd love to have had AFCW in Rymans 2, a guaranteed 2, possible 3 games would have been a useful boost to the coffers. As it is though, we've still never played them at senior level.

Not from Kris or the other committee members at the time, but from certain Wimbledon fans who took exception to the Ryman clubs who vetoed the plan, and a lot of internet warriors were issuing silly threats to all concerned. At the time of the application the CCL was a feeder league to Rymans 2, although that did change the following season (AFCW's first).

With hindsight, I'd love to have had AFCW in Rymans 2, a guaranteed 2, possible 3 games would have been a useful boost to the coffers. As it is though, we've still never played them at senior level.

That'll teach you for voting against Alb wink

I think your average Dons fan didn't expect to start any higher (and quite right too), but we do suffer from internet warriors. We have a small percentage of idiots and sadly most of them seem to take it upon themselves to be our internet 'ambassadors'. I rarely look at the Conf South forum let alone post on there mainly because of them.