Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

UPDATES

TonyM

Ronks if thats the case then you know a thing or two about keeping. I'm now nearly 30 and have been keeping since the age of 7. I've trained with Pat over the years and saw his potential years ago. You may understand why I have a air of sympathy for the fella as I too have recently gone through a bad patch after having a bad ankle injury like Pat did. This resulted in me quiting halfway through this season. I took alot of stick from a club which I was very involved with, loved playing for and was committed to. When keepers make mistakes it normally costs the team. Pitch players can make mistakes all day and knowone may notice. In my opinion its too easy to give keepers stick. Quite a touchy subject for me so I appologise to those that do not agree.

In 18 months I broke my ribs twice and tore a tendon in my shoulder (making a routine save to my right in the second minute). Each injury took away a little bit more of my bottle until it got to the point that is was not worth even trying (and my missus said she wouldn't take me to the hospital any more!).