Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL Premier Cup Final Change of venue

Teflon

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PREMIER CUP FINAL WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME DATE AND K.O. TIME I.E. 24TH APRIL at 7-45 BUT THE VENUE IS NOW:

CARSHALTON ATHLETIC

As advised to the clubs today

There will be further details in this week's bulletin but just to explain the background to the change of venue. Earlier this week, two members of the CCL Board attended at Woking for a final discussion concerning arrangements for the Final when it came to light that one half of Woking (apparently unknown to the other half) had arranged a large children's party on the same evening as our cup final, even though the date for our match had been arranged soon after the start of the season.

It would have meant that the main bar/clubhouse at Woking would not have been unavailable for use by CCL people and that it would not have been possible to distinguish between persons attending the cup final and others as far as entrance was concerned.

The Board came to the decision that the two events could simply not go on at the same time and as Woking refused or were unable to cancel the children's event, the decision was taken to re-locate the final.

We wanted a "suitable" ground for the Final and Carshalton were the first club to make theirs available. They have excellent recently re-furbished facilities and hopefully a far better surface upon which to play the match.

It is obviously inconvenient for many of us, especially Camberley, but rightly or wrongly it was felt that we simply could not carry on at Woking.

Doubtless people will express different views but this is simply to explain the rationale behind the change.

Have to say that although kind of Carshalton it is not the easiest place to get too on a Friday evening. As Woking are to blame here I would hope the league will not be holding any finals there for the forseeable future.

Originally Posted By: Randall J
while we're on the subject.can anyone tell me why mvscr V staines lammas in the div 1 cup final is due to take place at Ashford town(staines 2nd ground)???

Presumably because the venue was arranged at the start of the season along with the Prem cup one, before a ball had been kicked. Just be grateful it's not at Egham smile

Yeah feel sorry for our youth team boys (as well as Camberleys), who have to play their cup final there.

Both good footballing sides having to contend with prob the worse pitch in the league. Whoever decided on that as a venue obv needs their head testing!!

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
Yeah feel sorry for our youth team boys (as well as Camberleys), who have to play their cup final there.
Both good footballing sides having to contend with prob the worse pitch in the league. Whoever decided on that as a venue obv needs their head testing!!

Jurg - Frimley have to have the worst pitch in the League surely smile

Originally Posted By: Teflon
After having the pleasure of watching our Ressies play there last Tuesday, I'm still coughing the dust out of my lungs !!!!!

wink

Don't fink anyone will be coffin' wiv the dust this weekend, Teffs !

Stans gorn to find his wellies for termorrow !

bolt

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Have to say that although kind of Carshalton it is not the easiest place to get too on a Friday evening. As Woking are to blame here I would hope the league will not be holding any finals there for the forseeable future.

Depends on your starting point Kroons wink

Shame though, Colston Avenue is no Kingfield. Damn those large children and their party!

Indeed TRS. I just really hope that the CCL committee treat Woking in the same way. If it is back there again next year I will not be happy.

Typical Woking F.C, they could not organise a f**t in a shoebox!

Despite making out they do, they are not interested in anyone but themselves. I hope the C.C.L do not decide to go back there next year, maybe look at Farnborough or even Aldershot?

Shame if they get relegated...NOT!