Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 18/4

I bet mine is worse GP it was that last 8 guinness we had I think ...Difference yesterday was our strikers scored..on chances and general play it was even with Epsom playing a bit more football than us...No 10 quality little player but we were allowing him the room and space in which to perform and wondered why our bench did not change our shape a little to stop him...

Few more games to go but I will be on here regularly and would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the banter, fun and sometimes quite clever and interesting conversation..I feel there will be a surprise team at the top next year but also fancy the usual suspects to br there or there abouts..If Epsom can coach their strikers a little it could be theirs but I suppose ( and my final dig at Chertski ) it all depends how many players Spencer is gonna buy and if he has the foresight to step down from a position he knows nothing about and get someone in who does....

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
Originally Posted By: TRS

Just look at that Div 1 table - anyone care to predict the top 3 out of that lot?

well quite trs!
everyone had papers and slide rules but who knows now?

todays match was not as "competitive" as the away game, could have gone either way again, a pen save by coots keeping dorking ahead.

Page v Holden. dfc v mvscr.

3 nil.

please footballing god, it will be enough.

And that was without Lester Boniface or Andy Briant !

Nice to see Lester in the Clubhouse looking his usual 'Super-cool dude !'

MATCH REPORT WILL FOLLOW :

Just orf to jolly old Sarf London to watch a certain lady play for H.T.L. Reserves !

yes weebs i think epsom should certainly be there or therabouts however i fancy north greenford or camberley if they can sort out their consistency which i am sure pb and steve will do over the summer,chertski will be there if spencer gets the right players in or should i say keeps the right players, because they have a good side now but still need 1 or 2 quality players to have a good squad, but any team with pomeroy and mccliesh up front will score a lot of goals.

nice to meet you yesterday and many thanks for the kind words from all even the epsom supporters

Should have added that Epsom & Ewell were terrific yesterday, their committee clapped our players off the pitch and we couldn't have asked for better visitors. They even brought one of their legendary cakes for us, top class! We at BG wish them all the very best...

I was getting fed up of Weeble's constant 'catch us if you can' quote so I thought I'd put you boys 1-0 up to calm your nerves after our convincing start to the match...

In all seriousness, you were better than us in all areas of the match yesterday and when you switched to 4-4-2 you always looked comfortable with the players adapting easily to the new positions. We made too many mistakes and we are showing signs of a tired side at the end of a long season - however a top 5 finish is pretty much guaranteed and a good improvement on last season.

Congratulations to all at Bedfont Green - worthy champions!!

P.S Butts, was that you who I congratulated as I was walking off the pitch?

Originally Posted By: Big J R

MATCH REPORT WILL FOLLOW :

Just orf to jolly old Sarf London to watch a certain lady play for H.T.L. Reserves !

Full match report on the DFC - MVSCR thread.

OK, so the only blip of the weekend was Horley Town Ladies Reserves losing a friendly against London Girls at New Eltham, (YES - I did check my passport and visa before leaving).

HOWEVER, a certain young lady, well know to the Meadowbank faithfull scored our consolation goal.

AND, after returning home, my weekend was complete after watching a certain Premiership side who wear red, LOSING on penalties !

Poor old Sir Alexandria Funguson. My heart bleeds - NOT !

Guildford 0 Bedfont 1

What a week at our club and more importantly what a great performance on Saturday by our boys the tactics were spot on and the boys defended for there lives.

Been around looking at this site for a while now but never posted until today got to say some real good points but this club has been brought into turmoil by a certain individual who finally has gone, i cannot knock the mans commitment but in all honesty the man was clueless about football, because of his attitude on a Saturday referees would favour the opposite team which did not surprise us one bit hence the name BADFONT cry's of break his legs (on other players) most likely didnt help.

What I'm trying to get at the man responsible for Badfont is gone and a new era has arrived so back with the Bedfont please.

I understand arrangements are being made with Bedfont Green on the last day of the season for a good send off.

Well done on winning the league.

Congratulations to Bedfont Green, worthy champions, just a shame Doug wasn't there to see it. We brought him a cake and everything...

A good open game on Saturday, we edged the first half, but were caught with the sucker punch, and an end to end second half where BG capitalised on our errors.

Rattled is spot on, although we are disappointed after leading the division for so long, a top 5 finish is another improvement and a platform to build on for next season. A great achievement for a very young team.

However this season is not over and it's tight at the top, so upwards and onwards starting at Chessington tomorrow.

Thanks Alb Ee's, maybe we can set up a pre-season match and we'll make the cake smile although I doubt it will be up to the standard of Saturday's!

No more Badfont - Thanks for the well done, I'm looking forward to the final day of our season. Just one thing about your post, and I'm not knocking your caretaker manager, if the tactics were so spot on why did the boys have to defend for their lives? smile

Originally Posted By: Green Pea
Just one thing about your post, and I'm not knocking your caretaker manager, if the tactics were so spot on why did the boys have to defend for their lives? smile

Amazingly, both of those statements are accurate.
The tactics were spot on.
But the tactics were to score a goal and defend like crazy for the rest of the match.

They soaked up our pressure well to ensure we never really troubled them, albeit with 9 men behind the ball almost all the time. But hey, when you're in the situation we're both in, that's what you need to do to get results and it worked.

Yes Rattled. that was me , thanks for the good wishes , also hope that you will be with the team to win the league next year, do keep in touch.