Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

staines v margate updates

ooh!!bodyform

theseare mostly young lads and they were never going to be good enough .some blinkered people said at the start of the season oh itll be ok they will improve but they havnt.it isnt the players fault most of them will never be good enough to play at this level once you reach your peak you cant improve , its the same in all walks of life --too much was expected of them.

So true Steve, trouble is so many people are blinkered with heads in the sand kidding themselves, you only have to watch the standard of football this year its been poor and ive seen Thanet Utd to Conf level so i can comment. Overall a total disaster for not the board or players but us the SUPPORTERS 3 relegations were a laughing stock sadly!!

Think about it. The theory is. Fisher fold. Team Bath withdraw.

That's 2 teams leaving Connie South and dropping out altogether (ok they might apply to county leagues)...but because the usual number of teams get promoted into Connie South/North (two from each division of step three), and this is where we may benefit, because the Ryman/BGB/Unibond would then be short of teams as 2 (or more) 'relegated' to Ryman/BGB/Unibond clubs would be out of existance.

Therefore the 19th placed side with the best record (Whitby) would be invited to continue in the Prem to make up the numbers, if another team is needed then it's Margate, and the next side would be the 19th from the BGB (third best record of those in 19th).

That's of course IF it happens. Don't like to see anyone fold. In truth we probably won't know where we stand for a few weeks.

We DESERVE to go down YES. However a reprieve seems very likely especially with what's happened over the past few years. Rams Builder you don't seem to know what your talking about because if Fisher Athletic go bust margate WILL be reprived to replace Fisher in the Ryman Premier.

Today we was shocking, a great away turn out from the Margate fans today and I'm totally gutted that we threw away all hope in the opening 10 minutes going 2-0 down. If we go down I will still be there on the terraces come August no matter what.

I know mate. There have been some performances this season - too many - where you could go home and say we can't complain if we're relegated, and today was one of those. Funny you mention the cricket. We were talking about it on the way home. We are Kent!

Lets cut the crap fellas on todays performance we neither deserve or have the right to be in this league. All the mathematical permutatitions aside we are down, and if not then we deserve nothing less... first half we were poor and the second half (with their three best players being taken off) we were average at best. You cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear saying comes to mind - so the feeling would be ( much to the dislike of many on here ) we need to start again, albeit from the bottom, but hayho we will still be here supporting OUR team.............. wont we????

Looking forward to next season already.

Godalming - Went to school in Milford just down the road.

Croydon - Lived there for some time,

Folkestone - Always enjoy my visits to Buzzlines Stadium.

Dulwich - They have to open the special gate to let me ingrin

Merstham - Used to drink down the raod at Gatton Bottom.

Walton Casuals - My old rowing club is next door.

Whytleafe - Nice place with a good few pubs in.

Burgess Hill - My Uncle used to live there and still have friends there.

On the other hand it does mean we will have to go to Sittingbourne and as for that other dump will not go there.

coolsmoke

As for the trouble amongst OUR supporters, handbags at dawn and less alcohol for those that cant handle it and more vocal support for the team they came to see rather than aiming raucous and abusive chants towards the ref and his linesmen. I know the afore mentioned officials have been BAD this season but when this affects the Supposed support of the team then it is neither beneficial or necessary - rant over.

We need a new start at the Gate even this side wont get us out Ryman South we need experience grit and a bit of quality with fighting mentality. Dont go into the Ryman South thinking we will walk it because we mont and loads of other clubs would love to put us to the sword being one of the biggest sides in Ryman South, dont count your chickens like those idiots did today.

No matter what league , i will be there and maybe a relegation on footballing terms is what we need , I live alot and remind myself about the Conf days but today made me realise that we are now along way from that and as Danny has said starting from the bottom could be the best thing for us .

The team has to be restructured and Terry and Nev probably know who they want but it can`t stop there the non footballing part has to be restructured as well .

This is the best time to do it end of season nothing left to lose .

IF YOU BUY A NEW HOUSE YOU DON`T JUST DECORATE ONE ROOM YOU REDO THE WHOLE HOUSE .

We can`t be relegated again that would destroy us so now is the time to look and go forward move on . Tamworth , Telford , Hornchurch , Dover , Farnborough , Scarborough to name but a few have all droped down the ladder reformed or restructured themselves and are now healthy respectable clubs moving in the right direction .Im affraid the board have to take a real look at life and go in the same direction as those mentioned above . Its not the end of the world but it feels like it but this is what has to be done .

Up the Gate .