Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

staines v margate updates

ooh!!bodyform

Although I wasn't there yesterday, what I find amazing is that a squad of players, who were supposed to be fighting to avoid relegation, could not get motivated despite approx 100 Margate fans making the journey to support them in the final game. What happened to all the talk of local players fighting for their local club. No matter what anybody says about the club deserving to go down, the reason we don't deserve to go down, and its not because of the players, but because we have consistantly had the BEST FANS IN THE LEAGUE!!!!

Not that its really important, but did anyone else think the referee and linesmen were excellent yesterday and got at least 95% of the decisions correct ?

We ended up 19th because of our performances over 42 games-not just yesterday, ;and whilst it is easy to be wise in hindsight;i wonder whether TY is reflecting upon his team selection where he left two of our most 'experienced'(i use the word loosely ) and older (think they are both over 21 ) players on the bench-in Corbishley and Gregory .

Once a panic tackle led to the first goal-we really did look like

we were caught in the glare of the headlights and did not know where to turn.

Originally Posted By: michaelmichael
Not that its really important, but did anyone else think the referee and linesmen were excellent yesterday and got at least 95% of the decisions correct ?

No I didn't.
The penalty was not one and he missed ours in the second half giving the free kick just outside the box.
As for his use of the advantage rule he played on after a Margate player caught the Staines player until the move broke down and awarded a Staines free kick on three or four occasions in the first half, however five times in the second half our player was fouled, the ref played the advantage and the move broke down straight over but play was not brought back.
Consistancy was not one of his skills
Also despite carrying Thomas around I did not feel welcome at Staines at all

Originally Posted By: Frankie100
Also despite carrying Thomas around I did not feel welcome at Staines at all

I agree Frankie from the moment thier overenthusistic stewards stopped our lads singing on the balcony before the match started to having to shell out

Originally Posted By: Margateboys
Makes u really wonder why the council are against maybe if we look at how the club is going will give u the answers could be RIP Margate fc im gutted at least Thanet Utd didnt get relegated,

The only reason Thatnet Utd did not get relegated that first year was the Southern League was expanded and restructured. Funnily enough we were being p1ssed around by Thanet Council then, had to get rid of most of our players and use local sunday league players as a team.

I have seen it all before but will be back with the family next season to encourage the lads (whoever puts the Margate shirt on their back) and trust they will play to the best of their ability for the team.

On the pitch on Saturday (apart from morris, pratt & robinson):

*Lack of passion (will to win for the fans & survival),

*Lack of urgency (no consequence as no care for club, only wage?)

*Lack of togetherness/unity (fighting for each other, for team)

*Lack of grit (any big tackles made in an attempt to intimidate Staines? to make them think twice about playing football?)

*Lack of determination (any self respect? any pride in ones performance?)

*Lack of composure,

*Lack of leadership (so so quiet all over the pitch..so disappointing, not just the captains job..)

*Lack of repsect for Neville & Terry..

*In the bar after.. jokes..? smiles..? i don't get it?

No consequence

Surely relegation is the worst thing any footballer (in the game of football, not life) should suffer?! surely the players were gutted and disappointed and surely they shouldn't have the "ho hum" attitude so soon after one of the darkest days Margate have experienced?

A sad sad time...

Agree 100% with that FB. Relegation hurts especially when we deserve to be where we are. The lack of fight on Saturday was evident for all to see. I just hope TY takes that all into consideration when he offers contracts for next season.

Was it a mistake to play in white.

coolsmoke

LOL joseba we could have played naked Sat and still not won. I understand that Thanet Council have always been a bunch of idiots but we dont help ourselves at all in all areas. What club knocks its own ground down and builds one with portaloos and a new painted bar woop woop we are a laughing stock sadly. Im proud to support my own town team just that we are dying very slowly and all the the supporters are waiting by the bedside hoping and praying we dont!!