Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

top of div 1

Well Well TC I did hear that Farnborough had asked the question about putting a reserve team in Div 1 but had been rejected. Also watch out for Wokings academy players donning Guildford shirts next season.

My footy season is now effectively over.

A side that cannot possibly go up probably become div champs.

You're 'Avin a Giraffe, Surely ??????

Chelsea robbed by a referee that even Specsavers refused to sponsor, and Septic Blotter probably laughing all the way to the bank !

Don't think I'll bother to watch Surrey CC either, as even they've turned into a cr@p side !

Oh well - F.1 to watch and training Horley Ladies for me from now on.

what happened on the sideline last night? did JC give Pritchard a well deserved slap LOL

http://www.westfieldfc.org.uk

NLN - Watch it Fat Boy or you will get a well deserved slap. LOL

Comer(potty mouth) took his frustrations out on a couple of poor Mitre match balls by booting them at the Knaphill bench after a exchange of words with the Knappers Gaffer. Both Managers sent to the stands and will more then likely be reported to the F.A/League.

Big JR - Staines Lammas won it last year and did not go up, any comment on that? Not thstb you were bothered as you were being relegated! As for Chelsea lets face it you will never win the Champions League as all your players are getting on a bit now! Still there's always next year!!!

Chelsea robbed by the ref. Possibly as he was poor. When I see Drogba tumble to the ground my first thought is always "Dive". I look forward to the day when Drogba is toilet, and there have been a few of them, and a fan having paid a huge amount of money to watch him runs on and confronts him aggressively and using choice language. Presume Chelsea as a club will defend the fan saying it is his right, passionate game blah blah fecking blah. Or will they ban him and call him an idiot ?

Rant over smile

Trentender and BJR I know where you are both coming from.

It is silly that a team that wins the division cannot get promoted. In the short term, I would be happy playing for a team that was successful each year, but would become extremely fustrated that my team could not get promotion.

I would like to think that if Knaphill do not go up this year, that if they found themselves in the same siutation next season, they would already have the required facilities.

I think it is a shame that Staines Lammas have had two good seasons on the trot, but cannot get promoted. Obviously it is difficult getting the required planning permission to make the necessary changes and hopefully (and I am sure it is) that is the excuse rather than a club cannot be bothered to improve the ground.

At the same time, the league needs to take a look at itself in allowing teams to compete at this level without at least floodlights. I know that Frimley's ground is far from the best, but along with Farnham and Westfield, the ground has hosted Premier Divison football before and could quite easily do so again if seats were not a requirement.

Make the minimum requirement fixed barrier, enclosed ground, and floodlights and then give the clubs a years grace to get the seats in. They don't do it, they are relegated. Obviously there is the risk that the league becomes even more of a joke by promoting and relegating like a yoyo but I'll think your find that the attitude of clubs will change. Certainly at the moment, Frimley's attitude is if we are in the promotion hunt, we will make the necessary improvements, and I think rightly so as it is a huge financial committment to put seats in, rather than gamble on seats on the change the club may get promoted.

Lets not forget though, the same thing has been going on in the Hellenic Carrot Cruchers league far longer than it has the CoCo

Don't quote me on this but don't the big wigs at the F.A and not the C.C.L set the criteria for grounds?

When Knaphill entered the league in the 2007/2008 season the C.C.L visited Redding Way and said they wanted to use Knaphill's 'modern' ground as a bench mark for exisiting clubs and future clubs who wish to enter the league. They wanted clubs to look at Knaphill's facilties and use it as an example.

Okay we know Redding Way has not got floodlights, seated stand, hard standing all the way round yet, bar(all forthcoming), however we were asked to put some simple things in place:

Secure walkway for players and officials.

Dugout capable of housing 8 persons.

Turnstile/Kiosk.

Referee's Bell.

Telephone in clubhouse.

Seperate area for match officials, visiting officials etc.

Post and Rail - (Already in place)

Decent pitch - No argument there, the best in the C.C.L(providing it does not rain too heavily!)

Now we completed all the 'simple' requirements, however on visiting a number of away grounds most of these were not in place! And the worst thing about it not one C.C.L official has been down to check whether we carried out there requests.

Since then we are gradually improving/upgrading/imageing Redding Way which bear in mind is used by Woking Academy with no imput/contribution from them! Simple things like Next Match signage, Welcome to Redding Way signage etc, those of you that have been there know what i mean.

I know these things don't get you into the Premier and beyond but we are just finsihing our second full season in senior football. I agree the minimum requirement or one off should be floodlights to play at senior football but one thing is for sure we will continue to improve Redding Way with the neccesary requirements to take the club onto the next level thankfully with the full support of the local community, councillors and Woking Borough Council.

At the end of the day we are carrying instructions from the league.

No point having a decent pitch TE with no drainage !

Do like the seperate changing rooms for management though !

As harsh as it seems, at this level of football clubs that play on recreation grounds shouldnt be in this league, i thought that was the whole point of the Surrey EL being set up.

BTW how many clubs are there below step 6 with lights? the only ones i can think of are Cranleigh

Are you being constrained by your local Authority, TE ?

BJR,

If I can just interject for a second. My esteemed friend TE is quite correct regarding the facilities and the plans for the development at Redding Way. Woking Borough Council have been and are continuing to be very supportive of our efforts. They however own the ground and as such hold the purse strings to most of the upgrading required. We had started talks regarding lights back at the start of this season, indicating when they needed to be in place. Unfortunately, for their own reasons, they have been dragging their feet. We hope to announce a timetable for the ugrading required in the next few months and have it ready for March 31st 2010.

If we had a 'Sugar Daddy' or knew, as we sat with 6 players at the start of pre-season last summer, that we would have the opportunity to take the title, then we may have done things slightly differently. However we did not have that premonition or the financial clout for

Knappy, I was impressed with your set up which is light years ahead of some other Div 1 venues (even without a bar!) with room for seats. I guess expense aside, there shouldn't be trouble getting lights as the houses are not that near.

For purely selfish reasons, I hope you fail to take the title tomorrow but if you do (and I think you will) it will be fully deserved.

Originally Posted By: The KnapMeister
BJR,

If I can just interject for a second. My esteemed friend TE is quite correct regarding the facilities and the plans for the development at Redding Way. Woking Borough Council have been and are continuing to be very supportive of our efforts. They however own the ground and as such hold the purse strings to most of the upgrading required. We had started talks regarding lights back at the start of this season, indicating when they needed to be in place. Unfortunately, for their own reasons, they have been dragging their feet. We hope to announce a timetable for the ugrading required in the next few months and have it ready for March 31st 2010.

If we had a 'Sugar Daddy' or knew, as we sat with 6 players at the start of pre-season last summer, that we would have the opportunity to take the title, then we may have done things slightly differently. However we did not have that premonition or the financial clout for

Interested to see if Knaphill can get Floodlights Bar and Seats at Redding Way, not that I am jealous or a trouble maker but it might just work to Guildford City's favour as our own Borough council would say such a development would not be condusive with the Green Belt. But then Woking Council haven't got their heads as far up their own a***s as ours. Good Luck