Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Close Season Rumour Thread

Reading Town FC have Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy taken away from them because the gypsies next to Scours Lane broke in and nicked it.

Source - Reading Chronicle

Originally Posted By: TRS
Who is this 'Telfon' you speak of? hairout

BADdy and RTFC to be transferred to the Spartan South Midlands evil

Source: I never divulge my sauces .

I do !!

02PAC54-md.jpg

So far only one relegated from premier and thats Cobham, Hartley wintney might be reprieved but Binfield have applied to come in, but thats down to the FA leagues committee and not the CCL so may be forced on the CCL meaning HW get relegated, Hanworth Villa and Dorking promoted, it's believed that Chipstead will be reprieved in the Ryman and Bedfont Green promoted (but they dont know where yet!!!!)and none relegated from Ryman. Of course no of this is for definate but this is how the league saw it last night.

Div 1 new possible clubs, Croydon Municipal (was Croydon Reserves) I think it was also Eversley and Bedfont Sports applying but again nothing definate yet.

The FA league committee are meeting Today, tomorrow and Thursday to decide the [****!!****] up sorry make up of the leagues step 1-4

Therefore we wont know for sure until late this week or early next.

What a joke!!

How many teams have had a reprieve in the past 4 or 5 years?

From step 4 - Godalming, Slough, Corinthian Casuals, any more?

I agree with someones comments on this forum about giving a club that finishes high up enough for promotion the chance to play higher as long as they get in place the requirements to stay in that league. Its a joke when clubs get reprieves for having a sh1t season. And there are a few clubs that regularly finish at the bottom of the step 4 leagues. Give another club the chance to stretch their wings a bit!!

Originally Posted By: Teflon
So far only one relegated from premier and thats Cobham, Hartley wintney might be reprieved but Binfield have applied to come in, but thats down to the FA leagues committee and not the CCL so may be forced on the CCL meaning HW get relegated, Hanworth Villa and Dorking promoted, it's believed that Chipstead will be reprieved in the Ryman and Bedfont Green promoted (but they dont know where yet!!!!)and none relegated from Ryman.

Yeah Chipstead have been saved but Crowborough are down to be replaced I assume by Horsham YMCA.

It really is about time the step 5 leagues lobbied for two clubs to be promoted from each league.

Every league above step 4 has 4 clubs relegated, and the ridiculous rewarding of failure by reprieving relegated clubs has gone on since the last reorganisation.

How exciting would the finish to the season be if 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th went into a promotion play off? I personally hate play offs, but it would give so many clubs something to play for in April.

Originally Posted By: Terrence Collina
Reading Town FC have Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy taken away from them because the gypsies next to Scours Lane broke in and nicked it.

Source - Reading Chronicle

I remember the first year Wimbledon played at Reading Town, some of our fans unwisely parked in the road leading up to the ground. Coming out at the end, I think every one of the cars had windows smashed in! Fortunately, I had let the train take the strain.....

Originally Posted By: Teflon

The FA league committee are meeting Today, tomorrow and Thursday to decide the [****!!****] up sorry make up of the leagues step 1-4

Therefore we wont know for sure until late this week or early next.

There will be blood, much gnashing and a wailing, plus toys of various shapes and sizes hurled from prams before the week ends. And then of course the next month will be taken up with all the appeals and other clubs at Step 3/4 possibly taking voluntary relegation.

Originally Posted By: PB!
Even play offs between clubs up for reprieve and 2nd placed teams at Step 5??

PB crawls out of the Woodwork - will there be any response to the rumour associated to him?

As I said earlier, there are several managers seeking positions.

Kama-Sutra anyone ?

chloe