Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Close Season Rumour Thread

I understand that we will know on Friday of this week what league we will be playing in Next season.

The FA league committee are meeting Today, tomorrow and Thursday to decide the [****!!****] up sorry make up of the leagues step 1-4

will let you know when i do , or GREEN PEA will put on on here.

Sure they're not interested Butts.

Although I have no facts it looks to me like we are Southern SW bound as Horsham YMCA appear to be Ryman South bound, not sure how though as I thought FA rules were that promotion was only open to 1st and 2nd place finishes and they finished 3rd. Can anybody enlighten me of a rule change or why the exeption appears to be so likely?

Horsham YMCA are I believe getting 3 points awarded were the opposition played an illegable player (cant remember the team) this apparently then gets them into a promotion position

..........or is it a case of 'make up the rules as you go along' ??

Horsham YMCA are now not getting the points as said bloke only played against them for two mins.. says a Sussex County official.

HORSHAM YMCA will not be given the points they need to claim the County League Division 1 title.

Sussex County League officials decided this week that teams who had lost points to Chichester City United while fielding an ineligible player would not get those points back. As a result, the Division 1 league table remains as it stands with YMCA in third on goal difference behind Arundel. A top two place was considered required for promotion to the Ryman League. Three points would have been enough to catapult YMCA into top spot, but now Eastbourne United will be crowned champions.

League secretary Paul Beard said: "It would be pretty unfair to Eastbourne United to award those points to Horsham. The player in question played for only two minutes against YMCA, he hardly influenced that result. We decided it would be wrong for a championship to be decided on the basis that someone played for two minutes."

Chichester have until the end of tomorrow (Thursday) to submit any appeal to the Sussex FA charge of playing with an ineligible player, and if found guilty the County League will then make a decision on their punishment.

This also has implications for Horsham FC, but secretary John Lines remains confident YMCA will be promoted, and a subsequent groundshare at Gorings Mead can go ahead, pending the outcome of a meeting later this week.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup

League secretary Paul Beard said: "It would be pretty unfair to Eastbourne United to award those points to Horsham. The player in question played for only two minutes against YMCA, he hardly influenced that result. We decided it would be wrong for a championship to be decided on the basis that someone played for two minutes."

Shame the CoCo could not take that stance for the Reserve League Cup wink

It's official...We are in the Woking and district league after our backer has pulled out. It was only a matter of time..

The fact that we cannot sustain an income of 4k a week with outgoings of 1.5k a week was always going to see us go down..