Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Close Season Rumour Thread

Originally Posted By: TRS
Mick Sullivan now confirmed as new Manager of Leatherhead, according to Levred Moler on the Ryman forum.

Well it was confirmed on the Merstham website first thing this morning! Leatherhead's site is a bit slow.

A sad day for Merstham FC but let's see what the future brings.

Originally Posted By: TRS
Mick Sullivan now confirmed as new Manager of Leatherhead, according to Levred Moler on the Ryman forum.

Saw Mick at the Vase final today and yes it is correct, good luck to him at Levered wink

Also heard English has left Chipstead

Originally Posted By: Green_Fingers
Here's a rumour SL - all that money you & the lads won in the Vase this season is being spent on grass seed for Frimley Rec. Bit far-fetched? wink

Thats is one hell of a waste. As I was leaving the ground on Saturday, the pigeons were tucking in to their grass seed feast!

Originally Posted By: Gussy
Wembley & Hendon to merge reserves will be made up of current Wembley 1st team and fringe Hendon Players.

Source = Supporters trust

*snap*

Sorry... that was the sound of my sides splitting. Must admit, it doesn't sound as unreasonable as some rumours I've seen about us over the years (how many predicted we wouldn't see out this season) but it's still not based on fact.

Originally Posted By: Hendonboy
Originally Posted By: Gussy
Wembley & Hendon to merge reserves will be made up of current Wembley 1st team and fringe Hendon Players.

Source = Supporters trust

*snap*

Sorry... that was the sound of my sides splitting. Must admit, it doesn't sound as unreasonable as some rumours I've seen about us over the years (how many predicted we wouldn't see out this season) but it's still not based on fact.

I'm claiming that smile

Originally Posted By: Alb Ee's
Originally Posted By: Teflon
Also heard English has left Chipstead

Hardly surprising considered the slagging he gave their committee in the NLP last week.

Quite where the likes of Chipstead can whistle up the money to "compete" in the Rymans is anyone's guess.

Well, allegedly Chipstead DO have a lot of money in the kitty (from the likes of the Cup run this season) but the committee do not like to spend it on players.

Originally Posted By: duncs
so what is happening to Bracknell town then JR,nobody knows which league they will be in next year and yet you've been told Dorking have been promoted,I think if it carries on like this we will end up with too many teams in the CCL Premier.SL when are you taking over at Frimley Green looks like (from the outside)the new management team didn't set the world on fire.

Duncs, internal promotions and relegations, and by that I mean between divisions like CCL Prem and Div 1, it makes no difference what other teams are doing, providing the team going up has the correct grading.

The Bracknell situation is quite simple. If Team Bath, or any other team pull out then they chould relegate one less from from the Southern League Prem, promoting the same from the two Div 1's. The only way that Bracknell could or should be saved is if a team either pulled out of one of the Southern League Div 1's and they had the best record of the teams in the relegation places, or if one of the teams in the promotion places from the leagues below did not meet the grading for the Southern League, again they would have to have the best reacord of the relegated teams.

Thanks for that Malc, and Meadowbank DOES have the grading !

Originally Posted By: Alb Ee's
It's fairly common knowledge that Team Bath are leaving the pyramid completely and playing College football again next season.

You never could trust those Egyptians !

bolt

Teffers is going into business with legendary Australian spin-bowler Shane Warne in a well known 'hair transplant' advertisement.

Source = A regular Bookham player/poster. (AGAIN - The 5th Ammendment)

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Teffers is going into business with legendary Australian spin-bowler Shane Warne in a well known 'hair transplant' advertisement.

Source = A regular Bookham player/poster. (AGAIN - The 5th Ammendment)

that's not a rumour BJR it's TRUE wink