Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and the new manager is.......................

I refuse to join a battle of wits with someone so obviously un-armed. duel

I saw that coming!!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
...I think a management team including Me,Gazza,and MR Happy would stir things up a bit.The big question is.Who would be our Kitman?? Any volunteers?

Now we're talking, we would certainly have a cracking dressing room, best team spirit, a great never say die attitude & the most entertaining football ever seen at the brimerbau......however not sure that the "entertainment" would be for all the right reasons! evil evil

Sorry to let you down, but....

Already Chairman of a Football Club with 21 teams in it,

Age 6 years up to Men Seniors and Girls and Ladies teams.

Plus I am Manager of one of the Senior teams.

I am happy ( sometimes anyway evil ) just to drive over to Enfield to watch.

It would be interesting to see the application list !

If the closing date for applications is tomorrow, then surely the contest will be between those who have applied. If there's nobody good enough, according to the board, then that's when the invites would go out. Wouldn't they?

Anybody with HR experience around to confirm or deny.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Are you saying 'we' are a premiership outfit?

We are Ryman one North with a playing side that increased in number throughout the season whilst the home gates dropped!

I'm saying lots of clubs,actively go out seeking the people they feel will be the best candidates for the job and ask them in for an interview. Anyone good isn't going to send in a CV to us ,as they will already be in a sucessful managerial job.Only concidering postal applicants is the equivalent to only signing new players IF they send in a CV and if they are not with another club. confused Ie.the ones who know one else currently wants.

As far as I am conerned, the following from the official website means interested parties are asked to send their cvs in to DB.

'If interested please send your CV to Dave Bryant, Director, Enfield Town F C, 10, Buckingham Close, Enfield EN1 3JG or call him in confidence on 07957 552392. Applications must be received by Monday 25th May.'

Why would a good manager not send in their cv?

Most players we bring in do NOT apply to join us or send us their CV's.Our club identify them as potentially someone who could improve our team,and we approach their current club in order for permission to talk to them and pursuade then to join us..Why should it be different for when trying to find a manager?

Surely the board have a short list in mind, and I would also imagine they have a candidate in mind, you cannot appoint a manager on CV's alone, if that is the case Dad you should put your CV forward, with your past career, you would bring discipline, be a good communicator & they would be as fit as a fiddle, No?

Oh god what have I done? evil