Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Looks like Bad News for Hartley

With no-one being relegated into the Prem, I can't see the problem with The Trams being moved over. They are not denying a club that finished in a promotion position which would be wrong. Hartley had a pitiful record and deserve to be relegated, nothing personal! Everyone was moaning a while back when it looked like there may be no promotion or relegation as it makes a mockery of the league, now everyone is still moaning because a club that finished in a relegation spot is relegated...

Duncs what you are saying smacks of the days when you could not get promoted to the Football League unless someone like Accrington Stanley went bust it was just a jobs for the boys club.

How can a club who were so poor not expect to get relegated and how can they have any grounds for an appeal. Croyden will make the league more competitive an so would Redhill have had they also come across.

If you want a vibrant and competitive league then you must have new blood and if ground grading prevents good footballing teams from getting promotion then its in the leagues best interest to find new blood elsewhere.

Its about time The FA stopped all this restructuring farsical. They started, what 5 years ago and still have not finished. I have also just seen on the Kent league that their Premier Divsion is down to 16 teams.

IMO there should be another league created in between the Hellenic and CoCo for the Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire border teams. It is a joke that Binfield and Reading Town have to travel to the west country every other week, and likewise for Croydon to come this way.

I think this is what is getting everyone up, a trip to Croydon once a season. Thank god your not in Div 1 when you have to do it more than once!

Johncrow WTF have you been on today,I wasn't talking about anything other than what is right I don't give a flying feck if the league is stronger or weaker its got nothing to do with it, and why are you going on about Accrington fecking Stanley? Read what I said again, when you've sobered up, and then talk to me

Originally Posted By: Terrence Collina
I think this is what is getting everyone up, a trip to Croydon once a season. Thank god your not in Div 1 when you have to do it more than once!

Ah but TC, there's Croydon and there's Croydon. Rural Netherne and leafy Warlingham ain't really Croydon wink

The best thing about Croydon FC is that it has its own tram stop!

whats all the fuss about? if they finished 4th bottom and we sent down because a team came across then i'd have full sympathy and i guess most other CCL teams would. However the fact remains they came 2nd bottom and conceeded over 110 goals and deserve to go down. All this appeal means we'll have to wait even longer to get next seasons fixtures !!

Originally Posted By: Butts HVFC
Forget it GP. Just do UR job at Bedfont Green . Worry about ur team . not HV.

eh? Not worried bout HV, wish them all the best and stood up in their defence on Friday night which Dave Brown thanked me for in the bar. I was simply, in the nicest possible way, saying to YOU that YOU don't speak for all the clubs with YOUR personal views about Croydon. BGFC are only interested in making friends in football, Croydon included in that.

Originally Posted By: Non League Nigel
whats all the fuss about? if they finished 4th bottom and we sent down because a team came across then i'd have full sympathy and i guess most other CCL teams would. However the fact remains they came 2nd bottom and conceeded over 110 goals and deserve to go down. All this appeal means we'll have to wait even longer to get next seasons fixtures !!

Exactly good point well made. Duncs your opinion of what is right is total b*ll*cks.

GP ... I WAS NOT SPEAKONG FOR OTHER CLUBS, I WAS JUST SAYING THAT SOME CLUBS WERE NOT HAPPY WITH CROYDON COMMING ACROSS , AS SOMEONE ASK , WHAT HAPPENED. , I COULD NOT CARE WHO COM INTO THE FECKING LEAGUE. OK END OF THE MATTER NOW.

Told you it would be fun..................

This may have already been covered in previous posts, but why was there no relegation into the CCL Prem (Chipstead would have come in from the Ryman)? This would have then taken the space that it looks like Croydon will now get.....either that or the 3rd bottom team in Guildford would be probably relegated to be replaced by Croydon!!

I hear the league committee admitted that they basically want HW in Div 1 to make more teams in that league have lights etc as they want to improve the standard of it......which is a mockery when you look at the facilities of some of the clubs still in Div 1.