Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Looks like Bad News for Hartley

I'm not sure what the basis of HW's appeal is. They've finished in a relegation place. As we know, nowadays that doesn't automatically mean relegation, and HW must have thought there was a chance of escaping when no club was relegated into the CoCo, only to be dashed by our sideways move.

Did the Combined Counties League, at any point, tell Hartley Wintney that they would be reprieved, because there was no club coming down? If so, then HW have a case, as they will have made preparations for the new season, assuming they would be in the Premier Divison. However if they weren't told that, then they've made a presumption (instead of waiting for the constitution to be ratified at the AGM) and therefore I don't think their appeal will succeed.

I take it from the above that Hartley Wintney have appealed to the FA about their relegation, and the appeal is to be held next Thursday?

For the record, (and to the best of my understanding), when Ryman 2 was disbanded, we did request to come into the Combined Counties. However so did a lot of other teams, and the FA 'persuaded' us to join the Kent League (I think we agreed in the end, but only after the FA told us that if we didn't agree, we would be placed in the Kent League anyway!). Last season (and I think the season before), we requested a sideways move from the Kent League to the Combined Counties, but were told on each occasion that there were no vacancies. This season, the FA couldn't really give us that excuse given that no-one was relegated to the CoCo, hence here we are.

What I am surprised about is that the FA didn't give us the excuse that the Kent League is so short of teams, that it couldn't really sanction us being moved across. The Kent League is a good little league, but is suffering from having too many teams promoted into the Rymans, and no-one ever being relegated back into the Kent.

Originally Posted By: SurreyLegend
Duncs it is interesting you say alot of you will take Hartleys side on this one. Would these be the same people who stood by Frimley Green and the rest when the Ryman 2 clubs came accross?
Frimley were hard done by because they unlike Hartley finished fifth from bottom,outside the relegation positions, Horley however finished fifth! To make matters worse the CCL gave many clubs an extended deadline to carry out ground improvements but refused to give one to Horley and forced them to be relegated,even though all the work to be done was completed before the AGM.

Gp .it has nothing to do with HV. so why you are bringing them up i don't know. i was just saying that some clubs were not happy with Croydon comming across.

I hearby start the 'Save Hartley: Endeavour Mends All League Evils" movement.

On second thoughts, that abbreviation doesn't quite work...

On a more serious note, we Hampshire folk aren't carrot crunchers!

I much prefer driving my tractor and picking strawberries down here in rural umm... Southampton.

Originally Posted By: Sirlagerlot
As Dorking is hardly in Surrey and so close to Kent we could then move the Kent county border to circle Dorking its logic to send them into the Kent League and save good old Hartley. no problems then and everyone happy, apart from Cobham, hows their appeal coming on?

Or we could ban clubs that play in 'orrible athletic stadiums where you need binoculars to follow the play. That would save Hartley and Cobham as we'd get rid of Guildford & Croydon wink

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
I hearby start the 'Save Hartley: Endeavour Mends All League Evils" movement.

On second thoughts, that abbreviation doesn't quite work...

On a more serious note, we Hampshire folk aren't carrot crunchers!
I much prefer driving my tractor and picking strawberries down here in rural umm... Southampton.

What about 'HARTLEY WORTH IT' for a campaign slogan

sorry to say this but if you are in a relegation place tough if you get relegated.

As for Croydon coming over well that is one for the blazers.

Nice to hear the AGM was lively though smile

Anyway one of Camberley's long standng fans passed away this week. Puts all the above crap into perspective.

RIP Alan Collins.

Originally Posted By: PurpleTram
I Last season (and I think the season before), we requested a sideways move from the Kent League to the Combined Counties, but were told on each occasion that there were no vacancies.

To me that's the problem, you have tried to get in before. The CCL said no and didn't relegate anyone before. Then this season they have said yes and are happy to relegate the longest standing club in the league who won the sportsmanship awards voted by the refs (Was this an official award? Did we get a mention at the AGM? No)
I know clubs get relegated for being crap and we were and if they promoted another team from Div 1 then we would take it on the chin. This is the CCL saying that they would rather have Croydon in the league than Hartley. Wessex here we come!

Hartley we worked so hard to get out of the relegation a few years back and then got relegated to Div 1 which was followed by a mass exodus of players. I am afraid I have no sympathy as this is how the league works. No club won their appeal last time. In fact bedfont Green finished below us and look at them now.

Sportsmanship award is a desperate shout.

Originally Posted By: Hartley Hare
Originally Posted By: PurpleTram
I Last season (and I think the season before), we requested a sideways move from the Kent League to the Combined Counties, but were told on each occasion that there were no vacancies.

To me that's the problem, you have tried to get in before. The CCL said no and didn't relegate anyone before.

Didn't know that bit. It has to be said that that does smack of inconsistency from the FA / CCL.

BTW, don't quote me on the excuse being 'no vacancies'. Thats the impression I got, but I'm not in the know as much as I used to be

Also BTW, nothing personal against HW. When I heard we might actually be successful in our attempt to join the CCL, I was looking forward to a trip to HW, until I looked at the league table frown

hangabout everbody we are talking about something that is happening right now not 1 or 2 or 10 seasons ago,what is happening to Hartley is not right and should be sorted out properly, don't be so narrow minded to think it might not happen to your clubs,what happens now will be set in stone and make it very uncomfortable for clubs in this league in the future.just say we at Cove finish near the bottom next year and there are no relegations but Fisher want to come into the CCL,what happens then? don't be complacent it could be you next.