Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Looks like Bad News for Hartley

Hi Nut , i am well thanks , looking forward to the season with Hanworth Villa.

Will be hard for them , but that will be a good task for them .just as it was with BGFC a few yrs ago,but will see .

Three teams voted in to Division 1. Eversley, Bedfont Sports and Croydon MO - I believe they are actually the Croydon reserve side from last year and will play at the same arena as Croydon. Think the rest are the same except Cobham to come down plus Hartley Witney subject to all the above. Constitution of this could not be done, of course, as we await the outcome of HW appeal on Thursday, then have to have another meeting to vote on it. The meeting was quite lively and there were lots of opinions flying around, but one matter that I think needs to be looked at is the prospect of a 23 team league, which I honestly feel will make the league look ridiculous. If HW win their appeal and Croydon are to come across, we may as well go to 24 for one season, bringing Cobham back, then relegate the bottom two at the end of the season, regardless of any teams being promoted, so that season 2010/11 starts back at 22. We did all get our training balls (15) and water bottles with bag, though, so not a totally wasted evening.

If HW win their appeal then I think that may well be a likely outcome which, although it would reprive us, would be yet another sham for this league (IMO)!

Haha are they the balls that come via the only sponsorship I know of that you, the teams of the league, actually have to pay for (what a brilliant sponsorship deal was struck there)!!!

Originally Posted By: Jurg78
Haha are they the balls that come via the only sponsorship I know of that you, the teams of the league, actually have to pay for (what a brilliant sponsorship deal was struck there)!!!
To be fair Jurgs the Mitre deal gives the clubs 11 (I think) match balls for a quarter of the RRP and then the same again free of charge. Similar to the Southern League deal.

Originally Posted By: manager50
Three teams voted in to Division 1. Eversley, Bedfont Sports and Croydon MO - I believe they are actually the Croydon reserve side from last year and will play at the same arena as Croydon.

Just to avoid confusion, this is Croydon Athletic you are talking about.

So Croydon Athletic are in R1S.
Croydon will be in CoCoP
Croydon Athletic's ressies will be in CoCo1

Originally Posted By: bomaya
Originally Posted By: manager50
Three teams voted in to Division 1. Eversley, Bedfont Sports and Croydon MO - I believe they are actually the Croydon reserve side from last year and will play at the same arena as Croydon.

Just to avoid confusion, this is Croydon Athletic you are talking about.

So Croydon Athletic are in R1S.
Croydon will be in CoCoP
Croydon Athletic's ressies will be in CoCo1

You mean Wandsworth & Norwood wink

AFCW ressies have played at Croydon Athletic for the last two or three seasons and I haven't heard of a change, so where do CA's ressies play?

Just looking at CA's website, it says they have not renewed the agreement to host AFCW reserves next season. It also says CA will not be fielding a reserve team, so all very confusing.

Not confirmed, but my understanding is that Croydon MO are indeed Croydon's reserve side from last season, and nothing to do with Wandsworth & Norwood.

Certainly last season, our reserves did seem to be a separate entity from the first team. I was only aware of 1 player who played for both the reserves and 1st team

Originally Posted By: TRS

You mean Wandsworth & Norwood wink

AFCW ressies have played at Croydon Athletic for the last two or three seasons and I haven't heard of a change, so where do CA's ressies play?

Just looking at CA's website, it says they have not renewed the agreement to host AFCW reserves next season. It also says CA will not be fielding a reserve team, so all very confusing.

AFCW were told many weeks back that they would no longer be able to play at the Crem. They will now be playing at Walton Casuals.

CA told the Suburban League just before the AGM that they would be withdrawing despite winning promotion to the Premier division.

It is an assumption that CA think CoCo1 is superior to the Suburban League and will benefit their "reserves" more. I assume the name change and treatment of them as a separate side enables them to get round any admnistration problems of having two teams in the same pyramid.

I've just been catching up on all the news after our coastal break.

The most important part of RC's statement to Dan Jones of the Dorking Advrtiser is:-

"But, if the decision goes against us for any reason you can definitely expect us to appeal, in fact I would expect the league to appeal to the FA on our behalf."

I think you'll find our legal-eagles are pretty clued up as Mole Valley District Council can very well confirm !!!!!

Originally Posted By: nut250
im good mate ,
yes looking forward to it mate ,

hows you and your new club , i knew you was not a btk like green pea and the bgfc boys

I hope you are including me in that. Butts it did look like you were speaking on behalf of a group and I have to agree with GP on that one. Also you are a legend I can't stop giggling about speakong is that near Peking...