Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best and Worst Grounds In The C.C.L

2008/09 & 2009/109(take into account pitch, dressing rooms and general facilities, surrondings etc)

Best Premier Division: Badshot Lea(Farnborough F.C), Bedfont Green(Windsor & Eton F.C)

Worst Premier Division: Egham, Bookham(Dorking F.C)

Best Division One: South Park, Knaphill, Staines Lammas, Hartley Wintney

Worst Division One: Chobham, Coulsdon Utd,

Dont think we should include clubs who groundshare!!!

We need to know which team in your opinion has the best Step 5 ground..... not the best ground someone borrows........

Can only comment on Div 1.

Best:- South Park

Worst:- Warlingham (before deal with Merstham) as Chobham have a clubhouse on site.

Haven't been to Knaphill or Eversley so can't comment. Bedfont Sports is a nice little ground, railed off etc for those who don't know it.

I agree JJ, just council owned grounds and public recreation parks please wink

Enjoyed trips to all of the CCL Premier grounds over the years, probably Horley Town (great facilities & fresh grub) edges it for me if we're not counting groundshares else Badshot Lea wins it easily. None are perfect and each have their pros like the bacon cheeseburgers at Cove, great Bovril at Bedfont, superb pitch at North Greenford, welcoming people at Epsom & Ewell, feel of a senior ground at Wembley and Molesey etc...

Did you not play Bookham last season Duncs?

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Dont think we should include clubs who groundshare!!!

We need to know which team in your opinion has the best Step 5 ground..... not the best ground someone borrows........

Why??????

yes we did GP but I wasn't at the game so I couldn't really make a judgement,still a bit confused about this ground share buisness poor old Hartley get relegated but 2 clubs in this league are entering thier 17th season of ground sharing,why can't they merge together and become 1 club?

Originally Posted By: duncs
yes we did GP but I wasn't at the game so I couldn't really make a judgement,still a bit confused about this ground share buisness poor old Hartley get relegated but 2 clubs in this league are entering thier 17th season of ground sharing,why can't they merge together and become 1 club?

That's 'poor old Hartley' that finished second bottom with a shocking record whistle

Ash United Good - friendly club, pitch ok at times, nice and neat CCL Club

Bad - away changing too small, pitch very heavy in winter wet months. Lights not bright enough

Banstead Athletic - Good - bar, size of ground

Bad - slope on pitch, grass always too long. Pitch always in poor state.

Bedfont FC - Good - nothing

Bad - pitch usually poor, aviation fuel smell, noisy, small changing

Bookham FC (dorking) - Good - the bar, the view

Bad - pitch awful state (usually), stand in need of repair, changing rooms awful, showers awful

Camberley Town - Good - Good surface, nice bar, nice stand, plenty of parking

Bad - slope on pitch

Chertsey Town - Good - half decent stand, pitch usually ok

Bad - no parking, awful away changing room, ground in need of repair (looking shabby)

Chessington & Hook United - Good - clean ground, pitch surface usually good, subs bench huge

Bad - slope on pitch, bar not great.

Colliers Wood United - Good - nothing

Bad - next to a major busy road, away changing room, slope on pitch, pitch not usually very good

Cove FC - Nothing...perfect in every way!! wink

Dorking FC - as bookham

Egham Town - Good - large away changing room

Bad - pitch is always shocking

Epsom & Ewell FC - as banstead

Guildford City FC - Good - nothing

Bad - running track, having to fetch the ball all the time, no bar or club house, pitch usually bad

Horley Town FC - Good - pitch normally good, away changing good and showers, great grub, big bar, nice ground.

Bad - not a lot....

Molesey - Good - pitch ok, changing room big, bar nice, ground and stand generally nice.

Bad - not a lot.

North Greenford United - Good - pitch always good, nice bar, nice grub average ground.

Bad - porta cabin changing room, ground very open

Raynes Park Vale - Good - nice grub

Bad - slope on pitch, pitch in general apart from the corner areas, ground in need of bombing and starting again, away change too small

Sandhurst Town - Good - pitch always decent, nice ground, good away changing room

Bad - very small bar - not really a club house, More like club shed!

Wembley - Good - pitch usually nice, nice away change, nice ground in a [****!!****] hole of an area, ok bar.

Bad - slope on pitch, never allowed to warm up on pitch

Best team to visit - Horley

Worst team to visit - Colliers Wood

You missed out:

Croydon FC Good - decent stand, tram stop, plenty of scope for a picnic at the start/end of sesaon with far reaching views. Excellent freeview reception due to the proximity of the Crystal Palace mast(s).

Bad - running track, so binoculars required. Must be the bleakest place imaginable on a cold wet Tuesday night in January. A little too near Selhurst Park for comfort wink

Originally Posted By: TRS
Originally Posted By: duncs

That's 'poor old Hartley' that finished second bottom with a shocking record whistle

Not biting on that bit of ancient history

Since the end of last season, we've formed a new youth squad to encourage local youngsters into the Club, have moved our Reserves to what we consider a more competitive League and have a virtually new 1st team squad....oh, and probably one of the best set ups in the CCL (so I'm told). Nothing 'poor' about any of that wink

Have to say Nut, Krooner took a hell of a pasting with the rain on Tuesday night but stood up well during the game which a lot of people thought would be called off.

Still looked good today so well done.

Quote:
have moved our Reserves to what we consider a more competitive League

Not quite sure why the CCL allows Reserve teams to desert to other Leagues.

12th out of 18 for Hartley Reserves last season - tells me you were out of your depth and certainly will be punching below your weight this season.

Win the Reserve Diision first and then maybe move on

Originally Posted By: HTFCSUPPORTER
Thanks for all your positive comments on Horley Town.
I would say that on the whole most grounds are pretty good.

I was down at Horley Town's ground Thursday evening for the ladies training, and I was most impressed with the state of the pitch given the heat we've had !

The facilities and bar are fantastic.