Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pitch Condition.

Hi all, just wondering what sort of condition everyones pitch is in at the moment after all the hot weather we have had.Be interested to know if you have seen it in last few days or so.It looked like we had lost ours for a while but it now looks good,good bright colour and bald patched have taken really well.

Cobham is looking nice. Had work done on it - goalmouths leveled, re-seeded etc and looks gd. Was a bit brown in patches but the recent rain has helped that out. Will see how the Cobham bobble is on Sat, but seemed smooth under foot when i walked over it last week.....certainly better than the training pitch!!

Redding Way (Knaphill F.C) is now looking good after initial problems.

Its reseeded, returfed and has just had a 4 tonne roller on it!. Nice shaded green stripes up and down and is having a fertilser treatment on it on Monday to help thicken the grass and make it look more greener then it is at the moment.

Watering no problem as it has two large sprinklers on it day and night.

Lets hope it hold out during the winter !

I would say fingers crossed! And yes it was a 4 tonne roller, used only once a season as it compresses the ground, why what do you use on the magical lammas pitch?!

Meadowbank suffered in the sun after we'd weeded & seeded.

Parts have had to be re-turfed. This rain of late has definitely helped though.

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Meadowbank suffered in the sun after we'd weeded & seeded.

Parts have had to be re-turfed. This rain of late has definitely helped though.

According to the Leatherhead Lip it's "a ruddy shambles on Dorking's part" that the Advertiser Tophy is off. Made me wonder why they can't host it at Fetcham Grove if their pitch is so great.

We have had to cancel home friendlies to stand any chance of having a decent pitch ready for the coming season. Not a decision we took lightly.

I don't know why it couldn't be hosted at Fetcham Grove.

I understand that the match against Leatherhead will be played at the Brockham pitch as a friendly and DFC and Leatherhead are attempting to re-schedule the Advertiser Trophy for later in the season.

I'm sorry if I can't be more specific, but family life is a little hectic at the moment.