Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mid Week KO Times

Jurg78

Being new to Div 1 this season, what times do the clubs without lights usually KO their mid week home games (when natural light allows)?

We have Staines Lammas on the first Tues and I don't believe they have their lights installed as yet.

According to the weekly Bulletin, all next weeks 'unlit' games in Div One KO @ 18:30.

The only one that isn't is MVSCR - and I'm not quite sure where they'll be playing on the 11th v South Park - s'pose it might get reversed or they may be 'borrowing' your place?

Sure its been covered elsewhere on this Forum.

Not sure how long they keep MW KO's @ this time - don't suppose they can go much earlier - what with people having to leave work etc.

Got a vague idea that they sometimes KO at 18:15 thru Sept until it just gets dark too early?

To be kept up to date, you can always get yourself on the mailing list for the Bulletin - assuming you're not on it already - send an e-mail requesting it to Alan Constable - League Fixture Sec.

[alanc52@aol.com]

From memory I think (locally) the CCL1 has almost the highest proportion of 'unlit' grounds 12 out of 21 - maybe the Hellenic One East is worse off slightly with 11 out of 18 - though Kintbury have some but don't use them and Newbury's are still pending repair?

Cheers guys. Had heard of the 6:30 time but wasn't sure. Certainly makes it harder to get a full squad available what with work commitments etc.

Would it not be easier for any midweek games (as there doesn't seem to be that many in Div 1 - only til early Sept) to always be played at grounds with lights?? As nearly half the teams have them then that would almost cover a full fixture list on a Tue/Wed.....or is this not possible?

It is a big bug bear. As you point out Jurg, it is a mad rush to get players togetehr for midweek games that kick off at 7:45. For a 6.30 kick is just stupid and unfair. You cannot prepare properly and cannot warm up properly. Teams that have lights are penalised.

Exactly!

Surely for the handful of midweek games that Div 1 appears to have they could arrange it so that these are always played at a flood lit ground.

I can't imagine teams such as ourselves would mind if a good majority of their home games ended up being midweek to accomodate this.

Sounds feasible BUT bear in mind a couple of the CCL1 'lit' grounds are 'groundshares', so need to be slotted in to the other clubs fixtures - plus there's a chance that the Reserve sides need to be scheduled in too - not sure many clubs like to 'overplay' their ground this early in the season?

In my experience clubs who have lights and get a lot of home games during midweek tend to moan about it and I can see their point on that. One club had a real moan in the local rag around here last year cos they struggled to get a full team up for kick offs at 2 with teams without lights.

Best thing for it is to make sure you are in the Premier smile

what are mole valleys SCR reserves gonna do this year? do they have a ground. I hear the 1st team wanted to play at a local rec ground but this was rejected by CCL management

Also whats happening with Eversley- apparentley the ground isnt ready yet. Maybe someone on here can shed some light

Originally Posted By: Non League Nigel

Also whats happening with Eversley- apparentley the ground isnt ready yet. Maybe someone on here can shed some light

.. had a trawl round but 'caught' nothing yet - the Eversley club site has a news item: "Take a look at the new ground...." but selecting that option doesn't take you anywhere - currently.

Eversley Football Club Website

... not quite sure where else to look - I started to try and search the local press but not entirely sure which rag covers that bit of N.Hants - and my Bookmarks for local newspapers keeps locking my browser - probably need a reboot! frown

I spose you could informally e-mail one of the Eversley contacts listed maybe the Club Sec. - under the auspices of a visiting fan wanting some info re the match next Tuesday - depends how approachable they are - in my experience most are OK.

According to their own PSF lists they were supposed to be playing a double-header at home to Liss last Sat (1st). The results are shown so the games were played somewhere! Doesn't show Cantley Park as the venue - like it does with the other PSFs
Will keep digging as and when....

I will try to clarify one or two of the points raised on this thread.

It is now fairly common knowledge that through no fault of their own, Mole Valley SCR have lost the use of their ground. Negotiations for a ground share agreement are ongoing and should be concluded tomorrow (Friday). As soon as I know it is in place, details will be announced and their fixtures will be amended as necessary on a week to week basis. This will cause come alterations for other clubs but hopefully most would agree that the League should do its best to keep the club in the league which it has done.

Efforts are also ongoing to enable their reserves to play elsewhere at a ground with facilities acceptable to the League

Eversley have hit a small snag in that they cannot use their new changing facilities until the facilities have been signed off by the Building Inspector. From the League's perspective, we would have liked to have known about it a little earlier but the latest information is that the matter will be resolved next week and that the only fixture likely to be affected is the Westfield match next Tuesday which is being switched.

As far as early season, early evening kick-offs are concerned, I appreciate that they are unpopular and I try to keep them to a minimum. There are none after 20 August.

With 21 clubs in Div 1, there just have to be one or two though as the season goes on for long enough anyway and the reason that clubs without lights get them in the first week in particular is that it is only in early and late season that they can play midweek matches at home whereas clubs with lights can play them at any time. Also, as someone has mentioned, clubs with lights tend to be unhappy if they are given too many home floodlit matches (not all I realise). It is quite difficult balancing up fixtures in a division where one third of the clubs have lights and two thirds (approx) don't.

Obviously I must not disclose any confidential matters and will not get involved in any arguments as to the rights and wrongs of anything but I would be willing to come on here from time to time this season to explain and answer queries when I can if you would like me to. It may not always be instantly though!

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
what happened to your self-imposed exile then??

I just couldn't cope with Weebs taking over without doing something.

Got your own ground yet ?

Jurg will be seeing you at some point this year! signed for Hartley! think youll mount a challenge for the Div 1 title!

know of any other teams that will be decent?

Hi Royals26,

Attached is a link to photo's of the development at Eversley:

http://www.eversleyfootballclub.co.uk/2009/08/05/take-a-look-at-the-new-ground-as-it-develops/

I am the Chairman of Eversley FC and I'm happy to answer any questions on the club.

As already stated we are just awaiting the sign off from the building inspector and then the new ground will be available to use.

Regards,

Daniel