Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

vase rules?

what are the rules regarding a draw come full time (90 mins) in the fa vase competition???

Read the fa rules but still didnt quite understand.

A few years back when i was at Ash we played Bedfont Green and at full time it was 0-0. We then played 30 mins of extra time. After 120 mins it was still 0-0. No penalties!! We replayed at Shawfield Road which we won 5-0.

Anyone???

From memory, I think extra time can be played in the first game as long as both sides agree before the game. If still level after extra time, it goes to a replay. If the referee is not advised before the original tie that both sides have agreed to extra time if necessary, then if the score is level after 90 minutes it goes straight to a replay.

May have changed mind you!

Taken from the FA vase rules at the FA site:

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/EEB9B1DD53454920B62421A7B9128055.ashx/03%20FAV%20rules%202009-2010%20_yellow_.pdf

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED MATCHES (MATCHES PLAYED

PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)

(a) Extra Time in First Matches

If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes shall be played (15 minutes

each way). Clubs may mutually agree, and confirm on the Match Arrangement Form, to

determine the winner of a match drawn after extra time by taking kicks from the penalty

mark in accordance with the International Football Association Board procedure. The

agreed arrangement must be notified to the Referee not later than 45 minutes prior to kickoff.

yeh it was a cracking strike on the volley. Our centre half scored the other. We saw the best and the worst from our back 4 yesterday!

When you get dumped by the girlfriend you dont sit around and mope - you get back out there and find another bitch.

The Vase is our next bitch as will be yours!!

Just hope we dont **** up in this round of the vase as we did in the fa cup Saturday. I asked the question cos if we are good enough to get thru we would have Deal Town or Ringmer at home. Deal Town is just on the coast above Dover. Not a great journey for a replay on a tuesday night!!

Originally Posted By: Enfield Til It Died

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED MATCHES (MATCHES PLAYED
PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)
(a) Extra Time in First Matches
If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes shall be played (15 minutes
each way). Clubs may mutually agree, and confirm on the Match Arrangement Form, to
determine the winner of a match drawn after extra time by taking kicks from the penalty
mark
in accordance with the International Football Association Board procedure. The
agreed arrangement must be notified to the Referee not later than 45 minutes prior to kickoff.

... indeed but only two games - that I'm aware of - round here, have plumped for this option - and only one involving a CCL club (Sunday's tie at Bedfont: Feltham vs Holmesdale)
Could well have been some more agreed in the meantime - the new FA.com site isn't known for its ability to keep up to date this season. confused S'pose its reliant on clubs informing them of any agreements.

... when the Final Whistle blows in a drawn game it is often confusing in Vase games as a spectator, not being sure whether there will be ET or pens - especially when there's nowt in the programme.

... and why is it ALWAYS the ties that are complete sleep matches which go to ET - invariably when you are along way from home, the weather's cr@p and you need to be somewhere else in the evening!

Can remember taking my beloved to a Vase game @ Southwood (Ramsgit v Mersth.) many years ago - stood through 2 hours of yawningly tedious inaction - didn't have the heart to leave at FT - the Rams were my boyhood team.

RE CCL clubs in the Vase - seems to be a lot of match ups with the Sussex leagues again - would not expect Cove to stumble @ Newhaven - they're a Div Three (STEP07) outfit - but you never know..... crazy

... looks like a good tussle in store for Ash too - East Preston are going well in the FA Cup - dumped out Cambo & Gosport so far.
Three other ties in similar vein:
Chess. & H v E.Grinstead
St Francis vs Egham
Chichester City United (not sure why they don't call themselves "Chichester Schizos" and be done with it!) v CWU.
Think my lad may choose one of these ties for Sat - hope the roads behave better than over BH w/e. eek

There is alot of confusion about this, as I witnessed in the Oakwood v Chertsey FA Vase game last season:

Oakwood v Chertsey Town

As it says in the rules (although i didn't know this at the time) extra-time and/or penalties are an option in the first game as long as both clubs agree, the FA are informed and the ref is informed. I recall Man Utd wanted to use this rule for an FA Cup game last season....

Must confess - re-reading the above I was a mite surprised by the last bit:-

Quote:
The agreed arrangement must be notified to the Referee not later than 45 minutes prior to kickoff.

... another 'fabled' incident has been discussed to death on the NL Forum and the SSML cousin of this one (no prizes for guessing who the main complainant was - once you know the teams involved wink) over last years tie twixt Bigg Town and K&%

Has a friendly Sunday for one team but doesn't start until the following week on Saturdays and the week after on Sundays, top division in both league so think he'll be in for a tough season, What about your rug rats mate ??

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Eldest off into the big bad world of 11 a side. Youngest has first "competitive" Match on Saturday. Both turning into quite useful keepers.

That's good mate, if they need any tips on the entertaining side of goalkeeping let me know bounce