Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Water Bottles

bomaya

Actually if he was doing it correctly they should not have been allowed on at all. If a plyer requires s drink he should leave and re eneter the field of play with the refs permission.

Perhaps someone should conduct a risk assessment and let all clubs have it as to wether drinks bottles are thrown or rolled on.

Actually if he was doing it correctly they should not have been allowed on at all. If a player requires s drink he should leave and re enter the field of play with the refs permission.

Perhaps someone should conduct a risk assessment and let all clubs have it as to wether drinks bottles are thrown or rolled on.

Has anyone had this? Last night a lino told the benches during an injury stoppage that water bottles had to be rolled on rather than thrown for health and safety reasons.

Was he correct or was he just far far too busy for his own good?

We were told the same thing a few weeks ago before the game by the ref.

Actually if he was doing it correctly they should not have been allowed on at all. If a player requires s drink he should leave and re enter the field of play with the refs permission.

Jobsworth!

There are too many circumstances where the FA or the League turn officials into robots, like the champions league handshakes before the game, goalkeepers not allowed to wear the same colour shirt as the opposite goalkeeper or black goalie shirts.

Things like making sure the bench areas are tidy and everyone is sitting down I can understand as it looks messy when everyone is standing up, but the correct delivery of water bottles!!!

what ever next!!!

REF :"Come here,whats your name"

PLAYER: "what for? im on the bench"

REF: "you threw that water bottle under arm to your player one more and your off"

One of the problems it seems, is that linos these days are so pre-occupied making sure they keep on top of these more trivial parts of their job - water bottles, standing in technical area, spotting someone with the wrong colour under garments on etc (being assesed doesn't help their cause), that they often then miss the more important things that are happening ON the pitch.

I've seen on more than one occasion when a lino has had his back to play as he is more concerned about what is happening in the technical area/bench!

I suppose in a way I can understand the danger of a FULL water bottle being hurled onto the pitch.

The closest I've been to this sort of situation was when an assistant (lino), asked me to ensure the ladies came to the line for water, NOT to leave the field of play and the water bottle to be passed back and forth over the line !

Personally, I just think the assistant was just angling for a closer view of the player/s requiring water. I didn't ask him if he was CRB checked. Thought that might be pushing my luck a bit far !

:coffee (2):

Smudgey - Not disagreeing with you but if half of them gave up/were removed then the league would really be struggling for officials.

Jurg - referee's give instructions to their Assistants which they follow so a lot of time it will be the Referee telling them to do what they are doing. You can relate it to a manager giving instructions to his players on how to play and despite that not being how they want to play they have to do it or they are out.

Not disputing they are only carrying out instructions they are given, but surely when the game is in play they should be concentrating on that and assisting the Referee (it's what they are there for) and deal with matters off the pitch when the time allows??

Dont disagree with that Jurgie but if it is stressed control of the bench etc there may be the temptation to do that. I do agree what happens inside the white lines is the most important thing. Also may help if managers/coaches concentrated on coaching their side rather than berating match officials.

Well after deflecting an errant water lucazade bottle thrown by a U10's player on Sunday I can fully understand why he's saying it......nearly broke by fooking fingers but suppose it was better than the other guys head which it was hurtling towards !!!! at least it got me a free beer after the game :snack:

I have got an idea. Why don't we have some sort of break in the match. Perhaps call it something like "Half Time" and then players can get drinks without any problems ;)

I have got an idea. Why don't we have some sort of break in the match. Perhaps call it something like "Half Time" and then players can get drinks without any problems ;)

I wish I'd thought of that !!

:drinks:

What a stupid idea, that'll never work nor catch on :smashfreakb: