Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tues 9 Feb results

TRS

Westfield 0- Knaphill

Could have been 10. we were terrible and didnt register a shot till 85 minutes. Knaphill were superb and were the best side i've seen for the last 2 years at this level

So how many did the Knappers get then?

Not sure Dorking had a shot on target at all, don't remember it if so. Started brightly but fell behind on about 25 minutes then immediately conceded a penalty as they fell apart to be 0-5 down at half time. Credit to them for drawing the second half, but they were never in it and I just can't see anything but relegation come April.

Westfield 0 Knaphill 4

Westfield 0 Knaphill 4

Thanks for the nice comments NLN, had plenty of them tonight. Westfield were very gracious in defeat. Decent crowd there tonight aswell and will look forward to Clive Youlton's from the Woking News and Mail match report in the paper on Thursday.

Thought we were very good tonight and as NLN said it could have been ten! We just need to be more consistant overall and we might well of been challenging for top spot!. Pleasing thing was we were missing players tonight which is a credit to thoughs lads that came in and done a job.

Onwards and upwards, up next a trip to Hartley Wintney

Banstead 0 Hanworth Villa 1.

Just read a report on this game from a groundhopper.

Some of the floodlights on one side packed up in the 2nd half but after a quick consultation the ref correctly chose to play on - each pylon still had some working bulbs

I wasn't there so can't comment but I will - the same (or similar) thing happened at Epsom & Ewell v Bedfont in November but that game was abandoned with only 2 and a half minutes left. I think six of the 30 bulbs stopped working on that occasion. I wonder how many went out this time?

It was a F'in hard game to come into after not playing for six weeks and the last 8 days in bed :frown:

No complaints about the result Trenty, you just outclassed us all over!!

Edited by Wattsy

It was a F'in hard game to come into after not playing for six weeks and the last 8 days in bed :frown:

No complaints about the result Trenty, you just outclassed us all over!!

Wattsy - what position were you playing for Westfield last night? How come you left Feltham?

Thought Knaphill played well last night and deserved their 4-0 victory. With slightly more composed finishing, they could have scored a few more as well. It will be very interesting to see the result from the Hartley Wintney v Knaphill game on Saturday.

It was my second visit to Westfield this season. As before they offered a very friendly welcome and are a credit to the league. The new development looks extremely impressive as well.

Dorking 0 Epsom and Ewell 5

Thanks for the footage TRS - Very enjoyable. Well were Epsom good or Dorking shocking ? I think yes to both,following a couple of recent team changes we have found a formation that has proved very effective in the last two games against two of the more strugling sides in the league and our forward and wing play ripped Dorking to shreds in the first half. Our second half finishing could best be described as merciful (although we hit the post twice ) the score could have been anything.

Dorking will let a lot of goals if they continue to play like that and when I got home I saw the reason in the back of the programme 51 players and rising .Credit to them for not getting dirty when behind though (see last Saturdays post) .

As for the lights at Merland Rise , this is becoming quite a regular occurence and of the 4-5 times it's happened only 1 referee has seen fit to abandon the game (on 88 mins) . Generally the level of light there with a few bulbs mising is better than some places with all the lights on. Although we didn't really deserve our 2-1 against Bedfont last week it got us back to the score they were so keen to get off the pitch at in November.

It was worth having the rematch for another chance to see the Bedfont 10 getting on so well with his colleagues providing another masterclass in team spirit building.

Frimley green 3-1 CB Hounslow, Frimley played the last half hour with 10 me plus Frimley keeper had 2 go off 5 mins into the 2nd half and forward weeksy had to go in goal

Frimley green 3-1 CB Hounslow, Frimley played the last half hour with 10 me plus Frimley keeper had 2 go off 5 mins into the 2nd half and forward weeksy had to go in goal

HAHA - weeksy in goal !! :97:

Loop how was the pitch, looking forward to Saturday hopefully get our 3rd win on the trot and close in on the teams above us.

Westfield 0- Knaphill

Could have been 10. we were terrible and didnt register a shot till 85 minutes. Knaphill were superb and were the best side i've seen for the last 2 years at this level

Tough game for us on sat me thinks!!

We have convincingly beaten Knaphill twice this season so will give us a psychological edge but i reckon Saturday will be different game if what NLN says is true, also me step bro pazza plays for them!!!

Westfield 0- Knaphill

Tough game for us on sat me thinks!!

We have convincingly beaten Knaphill twice this season so will give us a psychological edge but i reckon Saturday will be different game if what NLN says is true, also me step bro pazza plays for them!!!

We bashed Knaphil up last Wednesday, defensively they are there to be got at, if you have Spence playing up top you will beat them.

Loop how was the pitch, looking forward to Saturday hopefully get our 3rd win on the trot and close in on the teams above us.

The pitch looked fine, well theres still grass on it and thats not normally the case at Frimley, lol Me thinks Frimley are also looking for there 3rd win on the trot, romour has it that Andy myers was playing for u now is that correct mate?

The pitch looked fine, well theres still grass on it and thats not normally the case at Frimley, lol Me thinks Frimley are also looking for there 3rd win on the trot, romour has it that Andy myers was playing for u now is that correct mate?

Have to wait and see loop, just hopeing there frost stays away on friday night, the forecast is too be sunny on saturday so should be no problems