Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friday gossip

well everyone loves a bit but I am led to believe 3 division one teams are in serious danger of getting the boot if the FA enforce particular guidlines !

and to top it all off 3 teams are waiting in the wings to come in should this happen.

Full marks for anyone guessing the 6 teams involved

Gossip has to have an element of truth in it,and with the current economic climate,I would be very suprised if the F.A. would like to Decimate Step 6 level Football ,any further than it is now.Nigel will take your post as a lesson out of Fergies book MIND GAMES.

well considering i've heard it from 3 different sources i'm afraid its very real.

and considering theres 3 clubs wanting to come in have the right setup it will make no difference whatsoever to step 6 apart from clubs with better facillities.

Infact if one of the clubs dropped out of CCL you'd be delighted going by previous posts

well considering i've heard it from 3 different sources i'm afraid its very real.

and considering theres 3 clubs wanting to come in have the right setup it will make no difference whatsoever to step 6 apart from clubs with better facillities.

Infact if one of the clubs dropped out of CCL you'd be delighted going by previous posts

Hi NLN

1st I've heard of this but I would guess that Chobham might be one of the teams due to where they play. Coulsdon Utd maybe as I don't think they can get lights? and possibly Crescent Rovers - no idea if they can get lights. CB Hounslow don't have lights either but the ground is enclosed. I think I heard Farleigh might get lights too. Then again what's stopping a groundshare to stay in?

Could be wrong tho lol

Who's the incoming contenders?

WJUK

Can't you just tell it's that time of the footy-season again ? Rumours, rumours and inuendo's.

My 'spies' tell me that Chester will get re-instated due to a legal technicality.

Portsmouth are to be relegated to the Hampshire Farmers League.

.....and..................

Osama Bin Laden has alread signed for Chertsey !!

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

2 out of 3 wacko

for the 3rd team look right at the top of the table

Incoming teams are spelthorne. Hayes and farnboro north end

Yeah forgot about them as they share with the cricket club although I'm sure a ground share or two could fix this.

Hayes Gate play at Yeading although I heard Hayes & Yeading are moving there next season after selling Church Road so not sure if there agreement continues. They are currently 2nd in the Middlesex Premier and should finish top two.

Spelthorne Sports (nice little club) but only 6th at the moment in the Surrey Elite league

Farnborough North End near the bottom of their league but I believe it's the same level so no problem. Maybe Fleet Spurs as well?

I guess it depends on whether the FA throw teams out or not.

WJUK

Just to try to clarify things a little bit: the FA has stated that all clubs playing at Step 6 (i.e. our Div 1) should attain Grade G as at 31 March. Grade G means having floodlights, cover for min 100 people, including 50 seated plus hard standing on at least two sides of the pitch etc. etc. At present only about 4 or 5 clubs in the Division reach this standard, often through ground sharing.

The FA has gone on to say that those clubs who do not have a Grade G will be shown as "relegated" but they may not actually be relegated until such time as there are clubs with the required grading available to replace them. The League may look specifically at those clubs who are deemed not to have even the basic requirements for football at this level, post and rail being an example, but I can confirm that no decisions have been taken at this stage, especially as the deadline for acquiring the grading is not yet up.

T.R.S. Totally agree with your comments,They are driving the Non League game out of existence,more and more Clubs are struggling to make ends meet as it is.Not just the ones in C.C.L.Kent Prem. 16 Teams,Div1 in that league no sides with graded grounds to come up.The Football Foundation gives Clubs £660k to build Fancy changing rooms,but if you cannot get backing from your Local Authority to match some of that money,you get nowt.Respect is easy from the Ivory Towers in Soho Square,or have they sold that now,and moved to Wembley,they need to get out and about talking to Clubs personally,asking them how they can help.Then they would gain my Respect.

There was a list of step 7 clubs who've applied for promotion in one of the non-league rags.

Hayes Gate have definitely applied but it didn't say to which league. You'd assume it'd be the CCL but it might not be. The Hellenic League will take teams from that area as well.

There was no mention of Spelthorne Sports but then the Surrey Elite isn't yet an official step 7 league in the eyes of the FA which means, if I'm correct, it counts as any other league outside the National League System in that any team in any position can apply to join the official pyramid at it's lowest level locally (which'll be CCL1 in our case).

The nearest other teams on the list are AFC Wallingford and Highmoor IBIS from Reading. I strongly suspect these two would be Hellenic -bound as that league seems to have a monopoly in that area now.

It's possible the Surrey Elite and CCL have an agreement that only one or two of the top three may be accepted for promotion subject to facilities. I believe the CCL has that sort of agreement with the Middlesex League but I may be wrong. There were rumours earlier that Battersea Ironsides and Epsom Eagles may be looking at coming up if they can get a ground with the right facilities. They're both in the top 3 of the Surrey Elite. Bletchingley are second but I know nothing about them. They only joined the league this season after winning the Crawley & District last season. Have they got a decent enough ground to come up if they wanted to?

Whitelaw can no doubt confirm or deny any of that if he feels able. I know this sort of thing can sometimes be treated as sensitive information by some clubs and leagues.

Chobham are struggling financially so they may do themselves a favour and voluntarily go down a level, if not two to the Surrey Intermediate (Western). If that saves the club from going bust it may be their best option.

As you can tell, I love this sort of talk. It brings out the anorak in me. Admit it, anyone involved in football other than playing at this level is a bit of a statto/anorak at heart.

Guys just something that I have good knowledge of.

Battersea Ironsides had a pre agreement to groundshare at Colliers Wood but Battersea have now decided to pull out of that as they dont think they will be good enough to compete in division one and believe that the money that it will cost to groundshare would be better off spent elsewhere.

Epsom Eagles are close to agreeing to merge with Banstead next season. This is pretty much done and dusted.

Croydon municipals will not carry on next season as they cant find a ground to groundshare as they have fallen out with Croydon FC. Which in turn allows another div 1 team to go to the arena which I suspect maybe Farleigh Rovers.

Staines Lammas will groundshare at Ashford town next season in order to hopefuly gain promotion 2011/12

Mole Valley CANNOT be promoted this season as the groundshare they have with Cobham was in place after the deadline.

Battersea Ironsides had a pre agreement to groundshare at Colliers Wood but Battersea have now decided to pull out of that as they dont think they will be good enough to compete in division one and believe that the money that it will cost to groundshare would be better off spent elsewhere.

Epsom Eagles are close to agreeing to merge with Banstead next season. This is pretty much done and dusted.

Croydon municipals will not carry on next season as they cant find a ground to groundshare as they have fallen out with Croydon FC. Which in turn allows another div 1 team to go to the arena which I suspect maybe Farleigh Rovers.

Staines Lammas will groundshare at Ashford town next season in order to hopefuly gain promotion 2011/12

Mole Valley CANNOT be promoted this season as the groundshare they have with Cobham was in place after the deadline.

IS IT APRIL FOOLS DAY,OR 5th of March,YOUR REMARKS ABOUT CROYDON MUNICIPAL ARE SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH THEY ARE LAUGHABLE.I COUNT DIXON GILL AND BEN McCARTHY AMONGST MY FRIENDS,IN FACT THIS WAS MENTIONED AT THE ARENA ON WEDNESDAY,AFTER GRAEME CUPITS REMARKS TO ME THAT WARLINGHAM WERE MOVING TO WHYTELEAFE NEXT YEAR,THUS LEAVING MERSTHAM.DOES GRAEME CUPIT HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND FOR SPREADING SUCH RUMOURS,THE ANSWER IN MY OPINION YES.HE WAS INVOLVED AT WARLINGHAM BEFORE ANOTHER FRIEND OF MINE CHRIS TUCKER,TOOK THE MANAGERS JOB,HIS SON THEN PLAYED AT CROYDON F.C. IN GOAL,BUT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND A BETTER KEEPER WAS FOUND.IF YOU ZACH WISH TO RING ME MY NUMBER IS 0208 405 8279 AS YOU PORTRAY TO SUPPORT WARLINGHAM BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.CROYDON MUNICIPAL WILL BE PLAYING AT THE ARENA NEXT YEAR,TAKE THAT AS GOSPEL. apologies for my caps lock fellas.409.gif 97.gif

Edited by Smudge

Smudge apologies if I have upset you I have indeed been miss iinformed! I only say that as I had spoke to someone at Farleigh who were adamant that they would be at the arena next year. As for Warlingham at whyteleafe next season its a small very small possibility.

IS IT APRIL FOOLS DAY,OR 5th of March,YOUR REMARKS ABOUT CROYDON MUNICIPAL ARE SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH THEY ARE LAUGHABLE.I COUNT DIXON GILL AND BEN McCARTHY AMONGST MY FRIENDS,IN FACT THIS WAS MENTIONED AT THE ARENA ON WEDNESDAY,AFTER GRAEME CUPITS REMARKS TO ME THAT WARLINGHAM WERE MOVING TO WHYTELEAFE NEXT YEAR,THUS LEAVING MERSTHAM.DOES GRAEME CUPIT HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND FOR SPREADING SUCH RUMOURS,THE ANSWER IN MY OPINION YES.HE WAS INVOLVED AT WARLINGHAM BEFORE ANOTHER FRIEND OF MINE CHRIS TUCKER,TOOK THE MANAGERS JOB,HIS SON THEN PLAYED AT CROYDON F.C. IN GOAL,BUT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND A BETTER KEEPER WAS FOUND.IF YOU ZACH WISH TO RING ME MY NUMBER IS 0208 405 8279 AS YOU PORTRAY TO SUPPORT WARLINGHAM BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.CROYDON MUNICIPAL WILL BE PLAYING AT THE ARENA NEXT YEAR,TAKE THAT AS GOSPEL. apologies for my caps lock fellas.409.gif 97.gif

Ohhhhhh dear. Once again smudge, you've made yourself look a total [****!!****] !!! If Chris Tucker is such a good friend then you would know that despite being involved with Coulsdon now I am still an avid and staunch supporter of Warlingham FC, as Chairman Steve Rolfe and Tucks will confirm. Tucks and I were appointed as joint mangers in pre-season but I found it difficult to joint manage having always been my own man and so I resigned. Tucks and I remain friends ( I was at his wedding in the summer, I suppose you were washing your hair !!) and speak at least once a week and regularly text each other and NOBODY is more pleased than I to see him getting it together at last. Only last week he deregistered 2 players so I could sign them. It is common knowledge that Whyteleafe are struggling and approached Warlingham, Farleigh and Mid Day Sun, but I did not say the deal had been done but merely being negotiated. A point already made on at least two occasions in this forum AND commented on on Merstham's guestbook !!! As for dragging my son in to this I think its you who's harbouring the grudge when I pointed out that your result sheet last week showed the goalscorer as Adam Rea which is pretty good going when he's white, the goalscorer was black and Rea wasn't even in the ground !!!! I'll accepy your apology next time our paths cross. IF YOUR MAN ENOUGH !!!!!

Graeme you must remember when you spread rumours to get your facts right,something that liars find hard to do.I said Chris Tucker was a friend,not a good Friend,having worked with him for 4 years at Croydon Post Office,and having not seen him for a few years,it would be strange of him to invite me to his Wedding, but he has bought me a Drink on the last 2 Occassions I have seen him this year,strangers do not do that.Being a regular poster on this site now for 3+months it has not to my knowledge been mentioned that Warlingham or Farleigh were negotiating a ground share at Whyteleafe,I have however checked the Merstham guestbook back to September 09 and can find no mention of such a deal.Not being privy to Municipals Result Sheet whatever that is,I cannot comment,but I will say this Adam Rea has not been available for Municipals last 3 games,so could not of scored,where does it say he did,please inform me.As for apologies,I do not think I owe you one,and as for being Man enough, I have never in my life hid from anyone,I have no need too,what you see is what you get with me,because if you tell the truth and have no Malice or axe to grind people respect you.And if I'm wrong I do apologise,but never to you I'm afraid.Call me if you want to discuss any points further,I'll ring you back 0208 405 8279

Only thing I can add to this is that I was pretty sure the ground share deal between Merstham and Warlingham was for two years. Of course something may have changed in the meantime I suppose.

You're absolutely right Bomaya, it is a two year deal with an option to extend. I drew up the contract, but I understand from talking to Tucks on Friday that as a reult of the mention it got on Mersthams guestbook (if Smudge can't find it, Kevin Austen probably deleted it !!) Merstham I believe (can't confirm) are looking at a possible re-negotiation as they know that Warlingham are struggling, as of course everyone is at the moment. Anyone who groundshares have the problem that if you havent got a big backer or pulling good crowds you are going to struggle, its a lot of money