Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games Thursday 14th

El Gaffers Merstham lost 1-3 to Leatherhead,the turning point came when the REF awarded a Penalty against his side,when they were 1-0 up,he must of been the only person in the ground who thought it was.Out of 50 people canvassed NONE said it was.So C.C.L. is not the only League with poor Officials,Leatherhead 3 (Hutchings 2,K.Terry) v Merstham 1 (G. Gordon)

Kev Terry got 2 ? I'll never hear the end of it in our local hostelry !

El Gaffers Merstham lost 1-3 to Leatherhead,the turning point came when the REF awarded a Penalty against his side,when they were 1-0 up,he must of been the only person in the ground who thought it was.Out of 50 people canvassed NONE said it was.So C.C.L. is not the only League with poor Officials,Leatherhead 3 (Hutchings 2,K.Terry) v Merstham 1 (G. Gordon)

Kev Terry got 2 ? I'll never hear the end of it in our local hostelry !

B.J.R. suggest you visit SPECSAVERS,read my post again with your glasses on.

Well, even if he got 1, it's going to cost me a pint. He's been recovering from a nasty injury.

Mewcenary, dd Side of Pitch say HI,if so cough up.

Yes i did, that's £5.00

Where's my assessment then???? :P

Didn't even get a burger. That said, the players warned against them during the handshake...

Hi Mewcenary thought you and the otherr officials were very good last night, but as you said you

had very little to do in the second half as Bedfont were on top kicking the oppositte end.

But what did you make of the ref over ruling the assistant ref when the Bedfont player was through and

was pulled pack by the defender and then the ref spent nearly five minutes talking to his assistant

only to give a droped ball.

I do not know the refs name but thought he was very good, dealt with all the issues by talking to the players

rather than booking people

Ref 8 out of 10

Linos 8 out of 10

Mewcenary have you been down bank yet with your penny jar.Your words not mine'When someone says hello I will get my Gold Members Star,I'm waiting,Sreet cred an all,innit.

I am a man of my word. Hence I would make a very honest man of Kroonsies.

Hope you're better in the Gold Members Cup than I was Mewc. You've made Smudgers day - reckon he can up his commission rate now :)

Mewcenary have you been down bank yet with your penny jar.Your words not mine'When someone says hello I will get my Gold Members Star,I'm waiting,Sreet cred an all,innit.

I am a man of my word. Hence I would make a very honest man of Kroonsies.

Advice,do not take on an impossible task.409.gif

Hi Mewcenary thought you and the otherr officials were very good last night, but as you said you

had very little to do in the second half as Bedfont were on top kicking the oppositte end.

But what did you make of the ref over ruling the assistant ref when the Bedfont player was through and

was pulled pack by the defender and then the ref spent nearly five minutes talking to his assistant

only to give a droped ball.

I do not know the refs name but thought he was very good, dealt with all the issues by talking to the players

rather than booking people

Ref 8 out of 10

Linos 8 out of 10

Thank you for your kind comments. Unfortunately, the potential-DOGSO situation that you mention is one I can't comment on. It was discussed within the team after the match but it would only be for the referee to comment any further. Sorry!

Cove 3-2 Dorking FT

Sorry it's a bit late !

At Cove on Thursday night, Dorking again will feel aggrieved not to have come away from the match with a share of spoils, having felt that they could have come away with all three points in the Chessington game as they looked the stronger team in the second half after Taylor Mollat’s 47th minute equaliser.

Dorking went ahead against Cove in the 15 minute, Jamie Pendrill rounding the keeper to give Chicks the lead. Cove, who had themselves played the previous Tuesday in a 4-1 win over Dokring’s fellow strugglers Raynes Park Vale, equalised just before the half hour, and then took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when Dorking’s 17 year old keeper Doug Still punched a ball clear, only to be caught out as a lobbed effort evaded the young keeper’s clutches to make it 2-1 to the home team.

Cove then made it 3-1 on the hour mark when Jeffers latched on to a ball at the edge of the area, and curling the ball round Still to seemingly make the game safe. Dorking had other ideas though, with Dan Davies making a return to the side after a 12 month absence particularly influential in midfield, and the best goal of the game on 81 minutes from sub Andy Miller opened the game up again, Miller side footing the ball home after an incisive passing move had carved the home defence open.

Dorking pressed for the final minutes, hitting the post with 3 minutes to go and then seeing the ball scrambled off the line as the home side held on to a 3-2 lead.

Cove 3-2 Dorking FT

Sorry it's a bit late !

At Cove on Thursday night, Dorking again will feel aggrieved not to have come away from the match with a share of spoils, having felt that they could have come away with all three points in the Chessington game as they looked the stronger team in the second half after Taylor Mollat’s 47th minute equaliser.

Dorking went ahead against Cove in the 15 minute, Jamie Pendrill rounding the keeper to give Chicks the lead. Cove, who had themselves played the previous Tuesday in a 4-1 win over Dokring’s fellow strugglers Raynes Park Vale, equalised just before the half hour, and then took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when Dorking’s 17 year old keeper Doug Still punched a ball clear, only to be caught out as a lobbed effort evaded the young keeper’s clutches to make it 2-1 to the home team.

Cove then made it 3-1 on the hour mark when Jeffers latched on to a ball at the edge of the area, and curling the ball round Still to seemingly make the game safe. Dorking had other ideas though, with Dan Davies making a return to the side after a 12 month absence particularly influential in midfield, and the best goal of the game on 81 minutes from sub Andy Miller opened the game up again, Miller side footing the ball home after an incisive passing move had carved the home defence open.

Dorking pressed for the final minutes, hitting the post with 3 minutes to go and then seeing the ball scrambled off the line as the home side held on to a 3-2 lead.

What a 1 sided report!

Dorking went ahead against Cove in the 15 minute, Jamie Pendrill rounding the keeper to give Chicks the lead. (Our centre back left a simple header back to the keeper short which the Dorking player latched on to to give Dorking the lead,)

took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when Dorking’s 17 year old keeper Doug Still punched a ball clear, only to be caught out as a lobbed effort evaded the young keeper’s clutches to make it 2-1 to the home team. (keeper punched the ball clear and Cooper from Cove lobbed everyone from 30 yds only for a defender on the line to punch the ball in to his own net. Should have been a penalty and the player sent off for a professional foul/handball on the line. Instead a goal was given and a yellow card dished out to the offending player)

best goal of the game on 81 minutes from sub Andy Miller opened the game up again, Miller side footing the ball home after an incisive passing move had carved the home defence open. (1 angled pass to the right winger was controlled well, who then beat the full back and squared the ball to the goal scorer. Hardly incisive passing move with 2 passes, and not really carved open!)

Dorking pressed for the final minutes, hitting the post with 3 minutes to go and then seeing the ball scrambled off the line as the home side held on to a 3-2 lead. (our stand in keeper dropped the ball from a simple cross, then fumbled the ball thru his legs for the dorking player to prod it goalwards and hit the post for it then to be cleared from the goal mouth)

Where do you gets these reports from??

Dorking played very well but the better team won. If Dorking had the team they put out last Thursday for the whole season they would not be in the relegation position. Some good players in the Dorking team! Hope they survive but i cant see it!

Edited by johnnojudo

Thanks for giving us written proof that you do not understand the Laws of Association Football JJ. If the defender punched the ball into the net please explain why a penalty should have been awarded and the player sent off ?

Edited by Krooner

Further evidence offered up in support of my case.

A deliberate handball in the box is not punishable by a Red Card unless it is "Denyiny a Goalscoring Opportunity. It clearly didnt so the goal was awarded and the player cautioned for Unsporting behaviour. So possibly you may have marked the ref down for that although he was correct and you were wrong !!!

Also if cheating is punishable by a red card does that mean when you claim for a throw in that you know is not yours you should be sent off ?

Edited by Krooner

Splitting hairs maybe?? The cheating comment was tongue in cheek kroons!

Maybe for not being totally honest we should have a firing squad on standby too??

On the other thread i actually stated that maybe it was the right decision! I didnt mark the ref down for that incident. Still 7/10