Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL Forum Refs assessment

spy. To level 5 is based upon Assessments. From Level 5 to 4 is a combination of Assessment marks, club marks and passing a fitness test.

Off to start a seperate thread on the rest.

I can see it now Mewwy. You are at the altar and the Vicar says "Do you" and you look all flustered and then say you realised you made a mistake and award a drop ball between the vicar and bride :)

We know a joke about that, don't we, boys and girls ??

Sorry Bommie.

I would depend on where the ball was. So if the player made the tackle and the ball went out of play I would change it to a corner/throw/goal kick depending.

If the ball was still in play and wasnt going out I would honestly struggle to say what I would do but I guess I would have to award a drop ball but, touch wood, I have never been in that situation yet.

Sorry Bommie.

I would depend on where the ball was. So if the player made the tackle and the ball went out of play I would change it to a corner/throw/goal kick depending.

If the ball was still in play and wasnt going out I would honestly struggle to say what I would do but I guess I would have to award a drop ball but, touch wood, I have never been in that situation yet.

Yep, ball was still in play underneath our defender in fact! There are photos by Simon Roe but i's hard to see from them about the decision.

Cove 3-2 Dorking Thurs 18th March

7/10 for the referee and his assistants.

Tried to let the play flow and was happy to talk to all the players. Only mistake, depending on your point of view, was that he didnt send off the defender who tried to divert the ball wide from a certain goal. Instead he punched it further into his own net. Ref gave the goal and then booked the player. Letter of the law probably states that he should have been sent off.

Over to you Kroons baby!!

Overall a good refereeing performance.

I presume you are considering DOGSO (Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity). In this instance, the defender did not deny anything... there was a goal! So I would say playing the advantage (goal) and booking the player for handling the ball was the correct course of action.

then i stand corrected, but dont you big time charlie referee's start thinking you're all that now!! :smashfreakb:

i actually congratulated the referee on a brave decision because sending the player off probably would have ruined the game. Fortunately the player who punched the ball didnt know where the goal was or he would have gone!!

Coulsdon v Hartley Witney,Excellent Refereeing by Mr.Wood and his Assistants,he played the advantage well,talked to players well,was clear and concise with his decisions and explained to the Players that he had given them every chance not to be booked,in other words it was not the first misdeanour by them.Going to Bookham tomorrow will it be 4 First class Refs I have seen in the last 4 games,Beeney,Calderon,Wood and ? you can live in hope 9/10

Kroons,Every Ref has his day,maybe I caught him on a good day,lets hope you have one soon.

.... and I thought the expression was, 'Every Dog Has His Day', Smudgie !!

:bolt:

Coulsdon v Hartley Witney,Excellent Refereeing by Mr.Wood and his Assistants,he played the advantage well,talked to players well,was clear and concise with his decisions and explained to the Players that he had given them every chance not to be booked,in other words it was not the first misdeanour by them.Going to Bookham tomorrow will it be 4 First class Refs I have seen in the last 4 games,Beeney,Calderon,Wood and ? you can live in hope 9/10

Chances of that happening are very slim would have thought

How about changing the marking system slightly.

Clubs have to give the ref a mark out of 100. Instead of a total mark, have 5 categories worth 20 marks each such as

Appearance:

Communication:

Application of the laws of the game (difficult given so many managers/secretaries don't know the laws of the game):

Management:

Decision Making:

I'm there is probably a guide out there, but perhaps categorising the marks will help the CoCo/FA understand better where improvements need to be made (albeit in the views of the club)

Camberley 0-4 Cove

Ref marks 8/10 (coloured guy with the dread locks)

Only 2 general moans was that firstly he missed what i felt was definitely a pen to Camberley. Ref said that he was 30 yds behind the play and couldnt see and give an honest decision so looked to his lino who was in line and he didnt give it either. Not really refs fault.

He was too eager to book players when they didnt agree with his decisions. Got to say that after he warned me that the next moan would probably result in a card i shut up! Didnt fancy being sent off and then suspended for the final and then crying like Gazza!!

Everything else he generally got right and controlled the game very well!

How about changing the marking system slightly.

Clubs have to give the ref a mark out of 100. Instead of a total mark, have 5 categories worth 20 marks each such as

Appearance ?????????? :

Communication:

Application of the laws of the game (difficult given so many managers/secretaries don't know the laws of the game):

Management:

Decision Making:

I'm there is probably a guide out there, but perhaps categorising the marks will help the CoCo/FA understand better where improvements need to be made (albeit in the views of the club)

Over to you, oh Great Leader, young Kroons !!!

:bootyshake: :97: