Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

best players in the leagues????

Warnock,there's plenty of Average Players in the Premier getting paid decent money as well.In my opinion Div1 could put out a side, that could more than compete against the best the Premier could offer.Being that the Premier Players mentioned are not the Youngest kids on the block,2-0 Div 1 selected over the Premier Big Boys.

Div one used to play against the Reading league I've played twice

meself albeit a few years back in my younger days the manager of

farleigh dave used to do it 2nd name escapes me not sure if they do

it anymore though!

Dave Wilcock I think it was. The last one was a couple of years back. When me and SL were at Frimley, we were asked if we wanted to put anyone forward to play, but at the time we still had an outside chance of promotion and there was no way we were going to put players forward. Also, who wants to go to Scours Lane on a Thursday night!!!

Dave Wilcock I think it was. The last one was a couple of years back. When me and SL were at Frimley, we were asked if we wanted to put anyone forward to play, but at the time we still had an outside chance of promotion and there was no way we were going to put players forward. Also, who wants to go to Scours Lane on a Thursday night!!!

That's the one yeah nice fella I remember the first time it was there the gk got lost

as did most tryina find the ground an dave started in goal fair play to him!

Maybe a game between Div 1 and Premier.........!

Don't they have inter league games anymore? Like ccl v Spartan or Hellenic

The last one I remember was back in late 2007/early 2008 when I got there it was mainly alot of Staines Lammas players, around 8-9 from 16 selected, along with me and another from Feltham.

I know it was a CCL Division One team but there was more clubs than Lammas :smilewinkgrin:

Wattsy the first time I played it was me an two other Lammas and the year after it was just

me and coombsy was at Lammas for near on 15 years don't recall any other time when

more have played think or any other for that fact !

Wattsy the first time I played it was me an two other Lammas and the year after it was just

me and coombsy was at Lammas for near on 15 years don't recall any other time when

cor ur goin back some years sean!!

you know how old I am you took my place whipper snapper ha ha

reminiscing again ain't I ! Over 400 apps for the Lammas still a club

I hold in the highest regard you know that!

When it was just you and coombsy, myself and kenny thurgood managed it (2005/6) We were let down right left and centre and all we had on the bench was danny macdiarmid (carrying a knock) and dave's brother, roger wilcox. We vowed then never again !!! lol still, enjoyed the company of those who did turn up. Good to see you both doing well, good luck for the rest of the season

When it was just you and coombsy, myself and kenny thurgood managed it (2005/6) We were let down right left and centre and all we had on the bench was danny macdiarmid (carrying a knock) and dave's brother, roger wilcox. We vowed then never again !!! lol still, enjoyed the company of those who did turn up. Good to see you both doing well, good luck for the rest of the season

yeah that was at godalming I think ! The ex warlingham duo was

still enjoyable being a part of it ! Rumour has it your at coulsdon now

is this true? What happenend with holmesdale?

The League has more or less given up on representative fixtures basically because some clubs were reluctant to release players and those who were selected often cried off just before the game. These factors, coupled with the logistical problem of getting players to games led to the conclusion that such matches were more trouble than they worth especially as we often ended up fielding an under-strength team. Shame really.

Check your inbox :smilewinkgrin:

nm reading past post you are the bedfont sports skipper but have not posted about your managers,would have thought you would know what is going on???

I am and I'm afraid im not gona comment on the managerial situation as

to put it bluntly it has nothing to do with anyone else I respect all who have

been involved since I've joined the sports I concentrate with what happens

on the pitch an work with whichever manager is in place sorry to disappoint

you!

The League has more or less given up on representative fixtures basically because some clubs were reluctant to release players and those who were selected often cried off just before the game. These factors, coupled with the logistical problem of getting players to games led to the conclusion that such matches were more trouble than they worth especially as we often ended up fielding an under-strength team. Shame really.

Your right it is a shame

I didnt go to Holmesdale Sean, Ken went there, they'd just taken on a new manager and were only in the market for a coach, i helped out at Merstham that season (gr8 year to be there) and then at bookham at the end of that season and last season. Was going back to Warlingham at the start of this season as joint manager with Tucks but it didnt work out. So was just watching my two boys then Coulsdon asked if i would get involved at Christmas, I've managed to get a few players in but wer'e not getting the rub of the green at the moment

Edited by spy

the trouble with picking a league rep side is it depends on whose picking the team,through no fault of thier own the person in charge will only pick players they really know and that is how you get so many players from one area,i tink it would be better to have a manager and 2 assistants from different areas. I know on the few times I played for the rep side the managers were from the ash and hartley witney areas.And who the feck picked TC as one of the best players in this league are you taking the pess now if you had said Sam Cobbett then I would have agreed,Meps you are a donkey.

Well spy having heard who you've just signed I think you have one of the best players in the league now!

lol bomaya, yes indeed, been a closely guarded secret for two weeks until deadline day !!! Unfortunately he's not available on saturday but will debut against worcester park on monday at home

Edited by spy