Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 3rd April

Hartley 4 2 Farnham

Although a well contested game the Scoreline flatters Farnham as we had so many great opportunities. Happy with a win what ever the score. Grabbed my self a brace too :)

Premier Division

Bedfont P-P Horley Town

Bookham 1-1 Wembley

Chessington & Hook P-P Ash United

Colliers Wood Utd P-P Sandhurst Town (at Cobham FC)

Cove 0-3 North Greenford Utd

Croydon F.C. 1-1 Chertsey Town

Egham Town P-P Banstead Athletic

Epsom & Ewell P-P Dorking

Guildford City P-P Badshot Lea

Hanworth Villa P-P Camberley Town

Molesey P-P Raynes Park Vale

Division 1

CB Hounslow Utd P-P Croydon Municipal

Chobham P-P Bedfont Sports

Crescent Rovers 0-3 Knaphill

Farleigh Rovers P-P Mole Valley SCR

Frimley Green 1-2 Eversley (at Eversley FC)

Hartley Wintney 4-2 Farnham Town

Sheerwater 1-1 Coulsdon United

Warlingham P-P South Park

Worcester Park P-P Cobham

croydon 1-1 chertsey

another frustrating afternoon as chertsey dropped more points at a sunny and chilly croydon arena, chertsey as always tried to play the right way but in the final 3rd lacked cutting edge with john pomroy once again having to settle for a place on the bench and gavin bamford not even in the squad. a few half chances fell chertseys way in the first half but kwabena aygei being unable to stretch his leg far enough to hook in a steve goddard cross. the 2nd half was brighter from both teams and chertsey took the lead when a belter from sam belcher bounched down off the underside of the bar and was adjudged by the linesman to have crossed the line the right side for chertsey!!! croydon kept pushing forward and chertsey kept giving the ball away cheaply which led to a scambled late equaliser for the trams, with only minutes to go a long throw from goddard seemed to strike a croydon arm in the box, the referee agreed and pointed to the spot!!! up stepped dean papali who sent the keeper the wrong way but also sent the ball wide of the post!! but for a liam stone one on one save in injury time chertsey could have left with no points at all!! chertsey now need a favour from cove today to re-ignite there title challenge.....................................

No favours from Cove today. Didnt take our early chances and paid the penalty with NGU taking 2 of their 3 chances in the 1st half. We had 4 good chances and either missed or the keeper saved. 2nd half we had most of the possession but that was cos NGU went 3-0 up after the ref gave a corner for the away team that never ever was a corner. From this they scored and were cruising. After that they let us play in front of them and we couldnt break them down.

On to Camberley Monday who will want revenge!!

Oh.....and we were missing about 5 players who would usually have started today. Thats my excuse!!

No favours from Cove today. Didnt take our early chances and paid the penalty with NGU taking 2 of their 3 chances in the 1st half. We had 4 good chances and either missed or the keeper saved. 2nd half we had most of the possession but that was cos NGU went 3-0 up after the ref gave a corner for the away team that never ever was a corner. From this they scored and were cruising. After that they let us play in front of them and we couldnt break them down.

Oh.....and we were missing about 5 players who would usually have started today. Thats my excuse!!

And that is why NGU will win the league because they have 5 or 6 match winners......Here is a tip for when you play against them.....play 4-3-3...and go long dont mess about just get at there back 4..make sure your back 4 dont attacta nd always have 1 mifielder holding.....simples

Bookham 1 Wembley 1

Another game off at the Rise and so to Meadowbank .Wembley played with 10 for first 10 min until their keeper arrived. Virtually the first chance he spilled and Bookham took the lead from the second rebound. All in all a terrific performance from Bookham who worked their socks off and may ae themselves with this level of performance. Only blot was the defensive mistake that lead to Wembley equaliser .Really enjoyed the game which was well refereed too.Nice to meet JR as well .

Croydon 1 Chertsey 1 - Chertsey missed late penalty :)

:brille008: :brille008: :brille008: :brille008: :brille008:

OK serious question ... When is a goal not a goal?

When it's for Chertski. MANY in the stand and at that end said the ball never crossed the line. Ref had no idea and everyone looked at the linesman. He was behind the play and ended up bottling it and saying much to many's surprise (including the Chertski dug out).

Well done Croydon for not letting the goal get them down and they fought back well and deserved their equaliser. Had Hemmings gone down after the first challenge instead of doing the right thing and carry on the Trams may have nicked a penalty near the end, but he stayed on his feet and almost got a either a cross or shot in.

In all honesty, if this is Chertsey's normal game I cannot see how they are near the top, Raynes Park Vale were a lot better opposition the other week.

Still a draw is a draw and a point is a point.

Good luck to all in the last stages of the season, (except those playing against Croydon obviously ;) )

Croydon 1 Chertsey 1 - Chertsey missed late penalty :)

:brille008: :brille008: :brille008: :brille008: :brille008:

OK serious question ... When is a goal not a goal?

When it's for Chertski. MANY in the stand and at that end said the ball never crossed the line. Ref had no idea and everyone looked at the linesman. He was behind the play and ended up bottling it and saying much to many's surprise (including the Chertski dug out).

Well done Croydon for not letting the goal get them down and they fought back well and deserved their equaliser. Had Hemmings gone down after the first challenge instead of doing the right thing and carry on the Trams may have nicked a penalty near the end, but he stayed on his feet and almost got a either a cross or shot in.

In all honesty, if this is Chertsey's normal game I cannot see how they are near the top, Raynes Park Vale were a lot better opposition the other week.

Next year they will all keep up with play if they come to my pre-peStill a draw is a draw and a point is a point.next yer they will all keep up with play if they do my pre-pre season

Good luck to all in the last stages of the season, (except those playing against Croydon obviously ;) )

croydon 1-1 chertsey

another frustrating afternoon as chertsey dropped more points at a sunny and chilly croydon arena, chertsey as always tried to play the right way but in the final 3rd lacked cutting edge with john pomroy once again having to settle for a place on the bench and gavin bamford not even in the squad. a few half chances fell chertseys way in the first half but kwabena aygei being unable to stretch his leg far enough to hook in a steve goddard cross. the 2nd half was brighter from both teams and chertsey took the lead when a belter from sam belcher bounched down off the underside of the bar and was adjudged by the linesman to have crossed the line the right side for chertsey!!! croydon kept pushing forward and chertsey kept giving the ball away cheaply which led to a scambled late equaliser for the trams, with only minutes to go a long throw from goddard seemed to strike a croydon arm in the box, the referee agreed and pointed to the spot!!! up stepped dean papali who sent the keeper the wrong way but also sent the ball wide of the post!! but for a liam stone one on one save in injury time chertsey could have left with no points at all!! chertsey now need a favour from cove today to re-ignite there title challenge.....................................

I think the penalty was somewhat Geoff Thomasesque .... (anyone not knowing what I mean here should google Geoff Thomas, England miss)

I was hoping for much more out of Cherstksi to be honest. There were time where they made Croydon look good. And times they looked a class side. Good luck for the rest of the season

Next year they will all keep up with play if they come to my pre-next yer they will all keep up with play if they do my pre-pre season

LOL ...

I think the linesman on the far side was ace. He was at the Arena against Raynes Park and those three officials were SUPER SMASHING GREAT !

I am not sure where the ref got about 8 minutes of time added on from ... any ideas anyone ?

sheerwater 1 - 1 Coulsdon United

Another solid performance and finally another point on the board. We've deserved a point or two in recent weeks so it was nice to finally get some reward.

Pitch was awful, especially down the middle, in one goal mouth and one corner. But Sheerwater worked hard in the morning to get the game on and it was the same for both sides. Thought we were going to nick our first win but it wasn't to be and sheerwater equalised with 7 to go. Made very welcome by Trevor and his happy band as usual, hey ho, onwards and upwards, worcester park at home on monday !!! Now..................when will that first win come, mmmmmmmmmmmmm watch this space !!!!!! :signthankspin:

Crescent Rovers 0 - 3 Knaphill

Another comfortable win for The Mighty Knappers, after a goalless 1st half in which the Knappers had a number of good chances, three goals from

Chris Fox, Matt Baker & Gavin Branch to secure their 9th consecutive win. Another 3 points in the bag and the dream goes on. Still in 6th place as Hartley Wintney

beaten a Farnham Town side who appear to be on the slide, nice pair Brunty!!!

No game Monday for the Knappers, but with

Cobham v Westfield

Coulsdon United v Worcester Park

Eversley v Hartley Wintney

Staines Lammas v CB Hounslow United

we could be chasing the pack again!

The way I see it working out is as follows:

Mole Valley SCR 92

Worcester Park 88

Staines Lammas 85

Cobham 85

Knaphill 84

South Park 80

Hartley Wintney 77

Well done to Coulsdon with a great result against our old foe, Sheerwater. Good luck against Worcester Park on Monday.

Edited by The KnapMeister

Hartley 4 2 Farnham

Although a well contested game the Scoreline flatters Farnham as we had so many great opportunities. Happy with a win what ever the score. Grabbed my self a brace too smile.gif

Brunty,you always big yourself up when you win,but unlucky when you lose,unfortunately you lost all your street cred with me when you did not become a Gold Member.So what ever you say now a days,I TAKE WITH A PINCH OF SALT. Still a great club though Luke and the Boys.

Edited by Smudge

croydon 1-1 chertsey

NOT GOOD CB !

WITH NGU GETTING A RESOUNDING RESULT AT COVE, DO YOU THINK WITH THIS RESULT YOU MAY HAVE BLOWN YOUR CHANCES OF PROMOTION ?

BAMFORD NOT SELECTED ? SURELY HE'S EITHER INJURED OR NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE GAME ?

I JUST CANNOT SEE WHY YOUR MANAGER KEEPS POMROY ON THE BENCH ? IS HE INJURED ? AND WHY ASK HIM TO TRY AND CHANGE THINGS IN THE LAST 5 MINS ? ALSO ISN'T POMROY CHERTSEYS PENALTY TAKER ? HE'S ALWAYS TAKEN THE PENS WHEN IVE SEEN CHERTSEY PLAY OR WAS HE STILL ON THE BENCH AT THE TIME OF THE PENALTY IN WHICH PAPALI MISSED ?

POMROY IS A PROLIFIC GOALSCORER IN THE CCL AS HIS RECORD SHOWS, SO WHEN YOUR OPPONENTS SEE THIS, IT MUST GIVE THEM LESS OF A CONCERN AND GIVE THEM A BOOST. AGREE POMROY IS NOT THE MOST HARDEST WORKING PLAYER BUT EVERY CLUB NEEDS A GOALSCORER ESPECIALLY IN THE CCL (PREVIOUS RECORDS WILL PROVE THIS). CHERTSEYS DOWNFALL CB COULD BE CONSISTANT CHANGING OF YOUR TEAM SELECTION MADE BY YOUR MANAGER. HE'S GOT TO BE SO ANNOYED PAYING OUT ALL THE MONEY HE DOES TO HIS PLAYERS IF CHERTSEY DO NOT GET PROMOTION ?

WAS THERE WATCHING JJ, THAT'S AN HONEST CONCEPTION OF THE GAME. I THINK NGU TOOK THEIR CHANCES AND COVE DIDN'T THAT'S WHY THEY ARE TOP AND ONCE 2-0 THEN 3-0 THEY TOOK THEIR FOOT OFF THE PEDAL AND WERE SATISFIED WITH A 3-0 RESULT.

HAVING NOW PLAYED ALL THE TEAMS JJ, NGU LEAGUE CHAMPIONS ?