Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Sat 3rd April

I think NGU must now be clear favourites for the title.

Played them twice this season and to be honest, both scorelines flattered NGU. We were better than them at their place and more than matched them yesterday. I cant put my finger on why they beat us though. Maybe more clinical in front of goal.

My moan about NGU is that they are the biggest bunch of moaners when decisions dont go their way, they are the biggest whiners when they receive a hard tackle (screaming and rolling around the floor trying to get players booked and then jump straight back up when we didnt get booked), and i witnessed the biggest dive in the box from their captain that even the ref chuckled at but failed to book the player.

Their budget has been quoted around the £800 mark so i expect them to be winning the ccl but i have to say that the squad will get hammered week in week out in the Ryman South next season if they do go up.

They will need to add heavily to their squad cos if they dont it will be the hardest season ever next year for NGU.

After the match the players and management were very polite wishing us all the best in our cup final.

I am not sure where the ref got about 8 minutes of time added on from ... any ideas anyone ?

There was a hold up for a few minutes in the 2nd half whilst the net in one of the goals was being fixed.

Played them twice this season and to be honest, both scorelines flattered NGU. We were better than them at their place and more than matched them yesterday. I cant put my finger on why they beat us though. Maybe more clinical in front of goal.

My moan about NGU is that they are the biggest bunch of moaners when decisions dont go their way, they are the biggest whiners when they receive a hard tackle (screaming and rolling around the floor trying to get players booked and then jump straight back up when we didnt get booked), and i witnessed the biggest dive in the box from their captain that even the ref chuckled at but failed to book the player.

Their budget has been quoted around the £800 mark so i expect them to be winning the ccl but i have to say that the squad will get hammered week in week out in the Ryman South next season if they do go up.

They will need to add heavily to their squad cos if they dont it will be the hardest season ever next year for NGU.

After the match the players and management were very polite wishing us all the best in our cup final.

CHEERS JJ, YES NGU SHOULD BE FAVOURITES FOR THE TITLE NOW, BUT AS YOU KNOW THIS SEASON (FOR A CHANGE) ANY TEAM CAN BEAT EACH OTHER AND STRANGE RESULTS OCCUR, LOOK ST CHERTSEY & CROYDON YESTERDAY, SO THERE WILL BE MORE TWISTS AND TURNS BEFORE THE SEASON FINISHES I'M SURE, THATS WHY I THINK IT WILL GO TO THE WIRE.

SO WHO'S THE BEST TEAM YOU/COVE HAVE PLAYED THIS SEASON AND WHY ?

2.51am brunty????

Not sure if thats a good night out or an early bath!!

was 3 51 mate I was still out at 2 51. Saw all the cobham boys including JURGS !!!

CHEERS JJ, YES NGU SHOULD BE FAVOURITES FOR THE TITLE NOW, BUT AS YOU KNOW THIS SEASON (FOR A CHANGE) ANY TEAM CAN BEAT EACH OTHER AND STRANGE RESULTS OCCUR, LOOK ST CHERTSEY & CROYDON YESTERDAY, SO THERE WILL BE MORE TWISTS AND TURNS BEFORE THE SEASON FINISHES I'M SURE, THATS WHY I THINK IT WILL GO TO THE WIRE.

Probably Molesey and Epsom + Ewell.

Very organised, big and strong, technically very good. Match winners all over.

Other teams have impressed like Chertsey and Ash and sandhurst.

totally agree nice guy, we need to keep a settled side, but i now feel that is the end of our title challenge i dont know the full ins and outs but i know gavin bamford is fully fit and not suspended........................ and pommers was still on the bench when the penalty was taken. john works harder now than he ever done in his previous 4/5 spells with us, but as soon as the penalty was missed john came on!!! spencer is doing wonders for our club with the input of money for the 1st team and youth setup but somewhere along the line something is going wrong! we now look forward to our big derby 2morow morning agaisnt our former chertsey reserves!!

Probably Molesey and Epsom + Ewell.

Very organised, big and strong, technically very good. Match winners all over.

Other teams have impressed like Chertsey and Ash and sandhurst.

INTERESTING JJ FROM A PLAYING POINT OF VIEW.

BY WATCHING. I'VE SAID ON RECORD THAT PRE-SEASON WHEN I SAW MOLESEY, I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE THERE OR THEREABOUTS BUT THEY STARTED THE SEASON OFF SO BADLY, EVEN FROM THEN IT WOULD BE A MASSIVE ASK TO WIN THE LEAGUE NEVERTHELESS,. I'VE SEEN MOLESEY PLAY A FEW TIMES THIS SEASON AND STILL THINK THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST FOOTBALLING TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE ALONG WITH E & E, CHERTSEY, BADSHOT LEA, COVE (I BETTER SAY THEM !) AND NGU. PLEASE REMEMBER, SOME OF THESE TEAMS I'VE ONLY SEEN ONCE THIS SEASON AND ON THAT DAY THEY MAY HAVE HAD A GOODUN ! I'VE NOT BEEN THAT IMPRESSED WITH CAMBERLEY WHEN I'VE SEEN PLAY A FEW TIMES THIS SEASON THE SAME AS CHESS & HOOK AND SANDHURST BUT THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT TO BE UP THERE !

WELL ITS ALL ABOUT OPINIONS AND THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE ON THE DAY YOU SEE TEAMS PLAY. LOOKING AT THE RUNS INS FOR THE TOP 3 NGU SEEM TO HAVE THE BETTER BUT AS I'VE SAID BEFORE THERE'S GOING TO BE MORE TWISTS AND TURNS BEFORE THE SEASON FINISHES.........

Was at Cove yesterday. Good all-round performance from NGU. Never looked like conceding a goal and could have scored more themselves. When I've seen them before this season, they've tended to concede at least one sloppy goal. They are always likely to score goals as the league table shows. They've also put winning runs together throughout the season. Seems to me that Camberley and Chertsey lack their consistency.

Well done to Cove for getting the game on when there was so much water around the ground. A friendly club which I'm always happy to visit.

Also, am I the only one amazed that Bookham played yesterday when most games were off? Meadowbank has been a certain postponement all season whenever it has rained. Well done to them as well.

Bookham 1 Wembley 1

Another game off at the Rise and so to Meadowbank .Wembley played with 10 for first 10 min until their keeper arrived. Virtually the first chance he spilled and Bookham took the lead from the second rebound. All in all a terrific performance from Bookham who worked their socks off and may ae themselves with this level of performance. Only blot was the defensive mistake that lead to Wembley equaliser .Really enjoyed the game which was well refereed too.Nice to meet JR as well .

Nice to meet eefc at last !

Wembley started with only ten men, the goal-keeper and substitute having been held-up/detained elsewhere. They managed to join the field of play on 15 minutes.

Bookham scorer on 27 Minutes, new signing, Grant Keywood with Mr Jarman involved in a lovely cross into the box.

Wembley equalised on 37 minutes. The defensive mistake allowed a long, very high lob straight in towards the goal. Bookham keeper just about managed to get his fingers to it, which deflected the ball downward into the back of the net.

Edited by Big J R

Was at Cove yesterday. Good all-round performance from NGU. Never looked like conceding a goal and could have scored more themselves. When I've seen them before this season, they've tended to concede at least one sloppy goal. They are always likely to score goals as the league table shows. They've also put winning runs together throughout the season. Seems to me that Camberley and Chertsey lack their consistency.

Well done to Cove for getting the game on when there was so much water around the ground. A friendly club which I'm always happy to visit.

Also, am I the only one amazed that Bookham played yesterday when most games were off? Meadowbank has been a certain postponement all season whenever it has rained. Well done to them as well.

Did you turn up 20 minutes late? Cove should have scored 2 in that time but for a very poor finish and a good save for the 2nd. Agreed after that, and 2nd half they were very solid with the centre backs having outstanding games!!

Did you turn up 20 minutes late? Cove should have scored 2 in that time but for a very poor finish and a good save for the 2nd. Agreed after that, and 2nd half they were very solid with the centre backs having outstanding games!!

JJ, CENTRE BACKS HAVING OUTSTANDING GAMES.......... WHY GO DOWN THE MIDDLE THEN ?

We do try our best !

I am concerned about the last week in April though. Having just entered the re-scheduled matches and looked at certain Under 18's matches, I note Meadowbank hosts FOUR games in SIX days.

Lets hope Spring is really here, and gets a bit drier.

totally agree nice guy, we need to keep a settled side, but i now feel that is the end of our title challenge i dont know the full ins and outs but i know gavin bamford is fully fit and not suspended........................ and pommers was still on the bench when the penalty was taken. john works harder now than he ever done in his previous 4/5 spells with us, but as soon as the penalty was missed john came on!!! spencer is doing wonders for our club with the input of money for the 1st team and youth setup but somewhere along the line something is going wrong! we now look forward to our big derby 2morow morning agaisnt our former chertsey reserves!!

HI 'CB' NOW, NOW THAT'S A BIT OF AN INSULT TO THE EGHAM PLAYERS, THAT COMMENT MAY COME BACK AND BIT YOU !

ANYWAY, I'LL BE GOING TO WATCH THE GAME AS IT LOOKS A GOOD MATCH ON PAPER, SIMPLY BECAUSE EGHAM ARE GOING WELL AND THIS IS A GAME CHERTSEY CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE, ESPECIALLY WITH NGU PLAYING HANWORTH VILLA WHICH THEY WOULD FEEL CONFIDENT TO WIN (NO DISRESPECT TO HANWORTH VILLA) - COULD BE VERY INTERESTING ALSO WITH CAMBERLEY AGAINST COVE WHICH WON'T BE EASY